Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916985 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4785 on: March 10, 2019, 06:55:38 PM »

Trade down?  Your annual fantasy/
The #9 pick isn't that sexy.  It wouldn't have made sense to trade down below 15, where the picking were slim, and only then if you knew how far Porter would fall.  Since there wasn't that much of a ratings difference between Bridges and Knox and a crippled Porter, I doubt any asset of value could have been obtained.
Much better to take the player you like best and be satisfied.
Porter slipped for a reason.  Couldn't even manage a workout pre-draft and needed another back surgery.  Huge red flags.  Knix couldn't wade into that uncertainty.

When I saw DET twice recently, Ish was an important stabilizer, as RegJax was erratic.  Blake, Ish and Kennard were coming up big.

As for StanJohn, he's a high-level defender, far ahead of Franc on that end.  He's also dynamite in the open court on breaks.  Has added some driving ability.  Occasionally shoots well.  Fixes his shot some and he's a starter.   Franc?  Can make an occasional drive with a hesitation move.  Long-armed defense but very foul prone.  Long ways to go.  And unfortunately this injury means he isn't getting reps.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:00:04 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: March 10, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »

The crux of the matter is always HOW GOOD WILL THE PLAYER BE?

With Porter there is a pretty good chance still that he pops

Bridges boys already contributing - and the one I preferred is just 20 years old so save the Knox is young schpiel.

Trade down below 15?

Like where?  Wagner's spot?

Heh.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Heh
« Reply #4787 on: March 10, 2019, 07:17:30 PM »

This is somebody's future reincarnation. Who would that be???
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: March 10, 2019, 07:26:28 PM »

That Sacto game was brutal.
Barnes and Bogdanovich were mostly invisible.
It was a disaster every time Giles Goatboy touched the ball.
Fox bailed the Kings out.
They are a young team and Road Wins aren't easy to come by, but that was ugly.

As for the Knix, Knox just couldn't get anything down.
You could sense him thinking what to do.  Sometimes he wasn't sure when to cut or when to drift out to the 3 point line.  He rushed one late 4Q 3-pt shot when he had plenty of time.  Ended up missing the rim.  There were consecutive 3Q possessions where he had Bjelica and then Fox on him and he didn't do anything.  Looked like he passed off covered by Bjelica and afterwards realized he should have driven.  With Fox on him he just stood far out and didn't call for the ball.

Did any Knick have a good game.  Mitch was fine.  Kornet played pretty good D.  I especially liked when Giles thought he'd rip through this skinny white boy and couldn't.  Too bad Luke's shot was off. 

Mud very up and down with some very feeble turnovers.
Trier was aggressive but missed 4 FT's.
Lance was having a solid game until he missed a key corner 3 which would have cut the lead to 2 with 1:40 left.  Wide open, but you don't want to rely on lance in crunch time.  Then he made a dumb foul as well.
Oh, Jenkins canned a trio or trips.  Looked good for a spell late.
Jr. Smith had a strong 1Q, but I find him tough to root for.

Ugly disjointed game.  Lots of possession for both teams went deep into the shot clock.  Credit Fox for figuring out a W.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: March 10, 2019, 07:38:40 PM »

Heh

Beautiful, 'los.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: March 10, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »

There's also a significant chance that Porter never has much of a career.  Two back surgeries before playing an NBA game is unprecedented. 

Mo Wagner looks okay.  Might become a starting C someday.  But there's a C glut.  And the value of C's has fallen in the current switchy/smallball world.  Knix did the smart thing and grabbed a high potential wildcard C in the 2nd round. 

Mikal Bridges is 3 years older than Knox.  Miles has one year on him.  And that extra year of college does help.  So does one more year to grow into your growing body.  But it's not just about age, it's about physical development.  Miles Bridge is mature.  Knox's physical development will take a few more years, btu he has a good frame.

I think we had 3 good players to pick from at a position of need.
It was clear that Mikal was more ready at 22, that Miles would need some time, and Knox was rawer with better size.  I like the way the draft played out, the fact that we had 3 solid choices for a talented SF, and am good with the Knox pick.  I think trading down would've been a big mistake.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »

Trade up coulda been fine. Trade down coulda been fine. Kevin Knox ain't looking very fine. Suspect motor and basketball IQ. Check. No D. Check. (& can't shoot, unlike the rest, that wasn't supposed to be part of the package.)

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: March 10, 2019, 08:29:48 PM »

Mini without KAT, Little Wiggy and Covington . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: March 10, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »

Wagner also fits the mold of a stretch 4 - and can guard centers in most lineups.  Can play facing or back to basket.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: March 10, 2019, 09:21:20 PM »

There's also a significant chance that Porter never has much of a career.  Two back surgeries before playing an NBA game is unprecedented. 

Mo Wagner looks okay.  Might become a starting C someday.  But there's a C glut.  And the value of C's has fallen in the current switchy/smallball world.  Knix did the smart thing and grabbed a high potential wildcard C in the 2nd round. 

Mikal Bridges is 3 years older than Knox.  Miles has one year on him.  And that extra year of college does help.  So does one more year to grow into your growing body.  But it's not just about age, it's about physical development.  Miles Bridge is mature.  Knox's physical development will take a few more years, btu he has a good frame.

It was clear that Mikal was more ready at 22, that Miles would need some time, and Knox was rawer with better size. I like the way the draft played out, the fact that we had 3 solid choices for a talented SF, and am good with the Knox pick.  I think trading down would've been a big mistake.

well alright - you hold onto that

I am not sure anyone was dealing from the top 7 but KP sure would have been an enticement.  May have affected our $$ but maybe not........  I will remain happy with the picks we got for him.

Teams were certainly dealing from below 15.  Dont know if Denver was and if we would have had a shot at MP in their slot

DiVincenso (Bucks at 17), Williams were the 2 I mentioned at the time.  No idea where they were on Knicks list.  Didnt have to be Celtics dealing for us to have taken R Williams.

We will be fine.  But the question now is whether or not to deal Knox and/or Ntilikina
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:41:57 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: March 10, 2019, 10:05:58 PM »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Heh
« Reply #4796 on: March 10, 2019, 10:10:35 PM »

Heh

Beautiful, 'los.

I knew you'd like it
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: March 11, 2019, 01:19:20 AM »

It was clear that Mikal was more ready at 22, that Miles would need some time, and Knox was rawer with better size.  I like the way the draft played out, the fact that we had 3 solid choices for a talented SF, and am good with the Knox pick.  I think trading down would've been a big mistake.

Again, the right pick was Shai. I also would have liked MPJ. Either instead of the Bridges.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: March 11, 2019, 02:09:43 AM »

Knox will be fine, though DJS & Mudiay made a great argument for Shai today against the Wolves.

We have a little cushion now in our race to the bottom. No harm in winning one now, just to remind the fans what it’s like.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: March 11, 2019, 04:34:32 AM »

I do recall the week or two prior to the draft hearing good buzz for Shai. He's young and a bit raw/inconsistent, but has talent.  Nice future.  Would have been a good pick. 

But we weren't ready to 1) give up on Franc as PG  2) wanted more of a chance to see what Muddy could do (also had Burke)  3) had definite need at SF/F where there were 3 (or 4) quality players.  And if we had drafted Shai and he didn't pan out we'd have 4 iffy pseudo-PG's, and no F's.  Too risky.  Too many gaps to fill.

We did the safe thing in drafting an SF, and still took some risk by taking the pup.

Only saw the first 1/3 of the game.
Looks like Knox did well.  13 & 5 & 4 in 27 mins.
Bounce back game from Dot.
DAtheG looked somewhat lethargic last game.  Wasn't up for a B2B.  You know there's an issue when your 7' has trouble dunking.  He doesn't look in shape.
Mud & Jr Smith sloppy.
Mitch did his thing.  It's nice to see his confidence level, when he was switched on to Teague on the perimeter, he bends those knees, keeps shifting his position slightly ready to move, just looked determined  Instead of trying to exploit the "mismatch", the PG is better off moving the ball so the team can find a player with a weaker defender on him.

MINNy was without their 3 best players.
Bates-Diop looked pretty good in just his 2 start.  Hadn't started before, now B2B games with 35 & 37 mins.  Double digit scoring in both.  Looks like a fine 2nd rounder.  48th pick
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:50:43 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 1848