Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: June 01, 2022, 11:20:06 PM

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81

Author Topic: NBA  (Read 64506 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: NBA
« Reply #960 on: June 02, 2021, 01:20:54 PM »

So they made a change and replaced a guy, Ainge, who had a lot of success, and with just some decent luck, would have had more, with a very good and smart basketball guy, who's about 15-20 years younger.

Didnt you find it lucky to have been left Tatum?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 02, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »

So they made a change and replaced a guy, Ainge, who had a lot of success, and with just some decent luck, would have had more, with a very good and smart basketball guy, who's about 15-20 years younger.

Didnt you find it lucky to have been left Tatum?

Ainge built one team, that with a healthy KG knee and a healthy Perkins knee might have won 3 championships instead of winning 1 and losing another in a 7th game Finals hi-jack.

The recent iteration was never a championship team, but without going through all the bad luck, and there was a ton of it, they could have gotten to 2 Finals in the past 4-5 years.

Its not a bad resume.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 02, 2021, 01:46:10 PM »

ESPN wonders why the white guy gets kicked upstairs while the brother has to work his way back up as an assistant somewhere.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 02, 2021, 02:00:27 PM »

You mean the white guy who built the Butler program into a national power, and then coached a terrible Celtic team into one of the best teams in the NBA?

You gotta do a better job of questioning hot takes.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 03, 2021, 08:33:50 AM »

Average wins.  44

Top wins.    55

Finals appearances.    0

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 03, 2021, 11:12:00 AM »

Average wins.  44

Top wins.    55

Finals appearances.    0

Lies damn lies and cherries

Brad took a team stripped of its best players from 25 wins in year 1 to one of the best teams in the NBA in a few years, reaching the ECF 3 of the past 5 years. If not for injuries to KI, Gordo and Kemba, 3 starters, there is a decent chance they would have reached 2 Finals.

since you want to cherry pick stats kid, how do the # you posted compare against the rest of the league's coaches over the same time period?

That would take into account the NBA only played 72 regular season games the past 2 seasons, versus the regular 82, and which your #s ignore. And would likely clip about 6 wins a year from Brad's totals.

To add some context to your hand picked cherries, I heard and don't feel like checking or doing the work, that the Celts have more post-season games (or won more p-s games) over the past 5 years than any other NBA team in the same period.

How would that reflect on Brad?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 03, 2021, 03:13:31 PM »

Boston Celtics are having a "Water bottle night" in their first game against the Nets next season.

The first 50 fans who bring their own water bottle will be given a free shot at any Net during warm-ups prior to the game.

Not to be outdone, the Knicks will have a regular 1/2 time watermelon seed-spitting contest at each home game this upcoming season. Fans will be eligible for the contest by buying tickets in the lower sections only at the Garden. Random seat drawings will determine final entrants before the 1/2. Spitters will aim at a life-size cutout of a visiting player, and will be judged on accuracy, velocity, and the kind of verbal invective they use to punctuate their signature moves.

First prize is 2 tickets to a Nets game.

2nd prize is a large bag of popcorn and a free tix to a Sixers game in Philly.

Stay classy Knicks and Celtics fans.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:19:43 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 03, 2021, 05:01:59 PM »

I guess Hammy didn't hear about popcorn night in Philly?

Seems Mare from Easttown had one too many Rolling Rocks

I'd say stay class Philly, but why bother asking for the impossible?

LMAO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/27/russell-westbrook-popcorn-philadelphia-fan/

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 03, 2021, 05:15:12 PM »

Seems like the North East really ought to put civics back in it’s required curriculum somewhere.

NY, Boston, and Philly racing to define deviance down.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 03, 2021, 05:26:15 PM »

Seems like the North East really ought to put civics back in it’s required curriculum somewhere.

Fac

Didn't Dodger fans beat the shit out a couple of gay guys not that long ago in the stadium parking lot?

thanks for proving my point so eloquently about fans pointing fingers elsewhere rather than admit to problems in their own back yard.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:42:56 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 03, 2021, 05:46:59 PM »

LMAO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/27/russell-westbrook-popcorn-philadelphia-fan/

Popcorn? It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about popcorn. We're sitting in here, and supposed to be talkin' 'bout the knee injury to the franchise player, and we in here talking about popcorn.  I mean, listen, we're talking about popcorn, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about popcorn. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that our team and our fans go out there and die for and cheer and be in and play every game like it's our last. Not the game, but we're talking about popcorn, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about popcorn!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:50:22 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 03, 2021, 05:48:21 PM »

Fac

Didn't Dodger fans beat the shit out a couple of gay guys not that long ago in the stadium parking lot?

thanks for proving my point so eloquently about fans pointing fingers elsewhere rather than admit to problems in their own back yard.

One Celtic fan with a bottle, one spitting Knicks fan, and one popcorn dropping 76ers fan.

Compared to : What started as a peaceful celebration eventually got out of control and led to violence and damage to businesses, with police having to step in.

Los Angeles police arrested 76 people and said more than 30 businesses were damaged — some looted — during the celebration that started after the Lakers secured the title. According to the Associated Press, the arrests were for failure to disperse, vandalism, and assault on a police officer (eight officers were injured trying to break up the crowds).

There will not be an official Lakers parade or public celebration this year. With past Lakers titles, those events have drawn hundreds of thousands of people close together.

The Lakers celebration — and a march to support Armenia that saw 100,000 gather in another area of Los Angeles earlier in the day — led to warnings from Los Angeles County health officials about the possible spread of the coronavirus.

In October. During a pandemic.  Ivicsesdo s.

Uh huh.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:54:31 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 03, 2021, 06:05:11 PM »

Fac

Sorry. I don’t really consider baseball a sport.

Also I don’t consider LA my backyard, as thankfully it’s north of Camp Pendleton. TJ has a bigger influence in most of my town than LA since we’re TJ’s northern suburb.

Our culture would only benefit if we could remove football, baseball, nascar, and gay bashing completely from the equation.

And horse racing. That is some fucked up shit as well.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 03, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »

Fac

Sorry. I don’t really consider baseball a sport.

Also I don’t consider LA my backyard, as thankfully it’s north of Camp Pendleton. TJ has a bigger influence in most of my town than LA since we’re TJ’s northern suburb.

Our culture would only benefit if we could remove football, baseball, nascar, and gay bashing completely from the equation.

And horse racing. That is some fucked up shit as well.

Fac I had you as a SoCal guy

but specific neighborhood aside, your wokeness seems a little sleepy.

Isn't Dodger fans repeatedly beating the shit out of Giant fans and Mets fans (I found 2 references) a little more serious than one moron throwing water in Boston, or a jerk dropping popcorn in Philly, or a Knick fan spitting on a player?

As I said people find it easier to ease their conscious by pointing fingers at others rather than address their own issues.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 03, 2021, 06:27:29 PM »

LMAO

Popcorn? It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about popcorn. We're sitting in here, and supposed to be talkin' 'bout the knee injury to the franchise player, and we in here talking about popcorn.  I mean, listen, we're talking about popcorn, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about popcorn. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that our team and our fans go out there and die for and cheer and be in and play every game like it's our last. Not the game, but we're talking about popcorn, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about popcorn!

Hammy you protesteth too much, you seemed to want to talk about a bottle of Poland Springs rather than a ball game
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81