Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742816 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25020 on: March 12, 2022, 08:11:44 PM »

Man bites Dog

Trevor Noah, host of Comedy Central, responding to news reports Saudi Arabian officials would not answer the phone when Biden called.

Now, according to the White House, according to the White House, this story is totally untrue,.They deny it. Which I would, too. But either way, man, there is no denying that Saudi Arabia is not playing ball with Joe Biden.

And you know what, you can say what you want, but this would have never happened to Donald Trump. Never.

No one was ever ignoring Donald Trump calls, because if you ignored Donald Trump calls, you did not know how he would respond.

In response to Noah pigs just flew.
LOL

ARETHA had a word for this
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25021 on: March 12, 2022, 08:20:43 PM »

Kid is calling trump a natural woman. If that is how you feel, Kid, I cannot pick your idols for you.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #25022 on: March 12, 2022, 08:41:26 PM »

Kid is calling trump a natural woman. If that is how you feel, Kid, I cannot pick your idols for you.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25024 on: March 13, 2022, 07:52:21 PM »

Oh those polls!

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 70% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the U.S. government should encourage increased oil and gas production to reduce American dependence on foreign sources of oil and gas. Only 18% oppose a policy of encouraging U.S. energy independence, while 12% are not sure.

This Ukrainian mess should be wake up calls to Western allies and the USA to prioritize energy independence and military strength while ditching the noise over diversity, pronouns, climate change, CRT, Cancel Culture, et al.

Here are only three major players who can lead the world, Russia( where it is still legal to beat your wife) , China(Communists who gladly support Concentration Camps) and the West which seems to have no backbone at the present time.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25025 on: March 13, 2022, 08:09:06 PM »

Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge illuminated in honor of Ukraine

Sure. That helps.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #25026 on: March 13, 2022, 08:32:18 PM »

(wrote this before I saw Yankguy's post.  Interesting parallel moment)

If anyone wonders why I will be posting less here, the post from Ward above (and Kid's recurring "white people?" sound bite) may offer some clarity.  Incredible as it may seem, I did start reading this thread to have genuine good faith discussions on issues.  For a while, the fact that it wasn't a "silo" was a plus. 

I'm not sure that people trapped deep in a partisan bubble could ever grasp the aching irony of this quoted passage when they are attacking progressive movements:

...so many people...attached their credibility to that guy, a narcissist with a dark side who did something really heinous here, who clearly is starved for attention. They attached so much of their credibility to him. 

If I thought they'd ever get the irony, I might stick around to see that happen.

See y'all in Movies, Meander, Comedy, Science, On Deeper, and Other Sports threads. (Or here, now and then, if Josh, LarryB, BoDiddley, HairyLime, Facility, et al offer thought provoking comments)
You may want to complain to Jason Whitlock. Those were his words.

He didn't mind the words.

He minded that you could quote them with no understanding of how much they applied to you and your ilk.
The words came from a prominent black man and his opinions are hardly out of the mainstream.
Which is something Barton apparently can

Jason Whitlock knows where the bread is buttered so I am not mad at him for making that cheddar but he is NOT invited to the cookout, and no, he cannot get a to go plate or even park his goddamn car!

How about Tawana Bradley? Is she invited? She can bring plenty of plastic bags for cleaning up after the party!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25028 on: March 13, 2022, 09:24:38 PM »

Oh those polls!

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 70% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the U.S. government should encourage increased oil and gas production to reduce American dependence on foreign sources of oil and gas. Only 18% oppose a policy of encouraging U.S. energy independence, while 12% are not sure.

This Ukrainian mess should be wake up calls to Western allies and the USA to prioritize energy independence and military strength while ditching the noise over diversity, pronouns, climate change, CRT, Cancel Culture, et al.

Here are only three major players who can lead the world, Russia( where it is still legal to beat your wife) , China(Communists who gladly support Concentration Camps) and the West which seems to have no backbone at the present time.

You would make an excellent long range projectile. It would be a better use of your time than you constantly misinterpreting current events. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25029 on: March 13, 2022, 09:30:37 PM »

Oh those polls!

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey

Which stops any proposed relevance in its tracks.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25030 on: March 13, 2022, 09:31:24 PM »

Sure. That helps.

Your post, otoh...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25031 on: March 13, 2022, 09:32:08 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25032 on: March 13, 2022, 09:38:19 PM »

Sure. That helps.

Sure cant hurt...

Capital City of the USA and all that.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25033 on: March 13, 2022, 09:40:06 PM »

If anyone wonders why I will be posting less here, the post from Ward above (and Kid's recurring "white people?" sound bite) may offer some clarity.  Incredible as it may seem, I did start reading this thread to have genuine good faith discussions on issues.  For a while, the fact that it wasn't a "silo" was a plus. 

I'm not sure that people trapped deep in a partisan bubble could ever grasp the aching irony of this quoted passage when they are attacking progressive movements:

...so many people...attached their credibility to that guy, a narcissist with a dark side who did something really heinous here, who clearly is starved for attention. They attached so much of their credibility to him. 

If I thought they'd ever get the irony, I might stick around to see that happen.

See y'all in Movies, Meander, Comedy, Science, On Deeper, and Other Sports threads. (Or here, now and then, if Josh, LarryB, BoDiddley, HairyLime, Facility, et al offer thought provoking comments)

He minded that you could quote them with no understanding of how much they applied to you and your ilk.
The words came from a prominent black man and his opinions are hardly out of the mainstream.

Jason Whitlock knows where the bread is buttered so I am not mad at him for making that cheddar but he is NOT invited to the cookout, and no, he cannot get a to go plate or even park his goddamn car!

How about Tawana Bradley? Is she invited? She can bring plenty of plastic bags for cleaning up after the party!

Still playing with the way back machine, eh Sherman?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #25034 on: March 13, 2022, 10:16:31 PM »

Still playing with the way back machine, eh Sherman?

Well, you're still a hypocrite, and it's important to speak truthfully here.
Pages: 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 2918