Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 748522 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27255 on: May 22, 2022, 07:15:00 PM »

So do I!
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #27256 on: May 22, 2022, 07:20:06 PM »

My area of expertise is wanting to help the orphans after they are born. And the government can help on that. All of the foster children should receive a free college education, etc. We need to help the children after they are born. I support life, and I support helping the children after they are born.

I will not give money to pay for an abortion, but I will be happy to pay to send the foster youth to college.

Salute,

Tony V.

The question remains: do you believe the government has the authority to require women to give birth?
24 countries think so.
Nearly all the rest have a more sane approach of allowing terminations of pregnancy before viability of the fetus.
(And also take into account the health dangers a pregnancy presents to the mother)
The science of viability has not reached a consensus,  6 weeks, 12 weeks, maybe 15?
In the USA 94 per cent of abortions are before 15 weeks.
That is why posing the question of yes or no cannot be left to the courts.
Courts are not legislatures and judges only have two options in cases.  Agree with the law or dissent.
Legislatures investigate, debate, invite expert advice, compromise, and vote.
Legislatures are the voice of the people.
Courts are not.
The USGovernment authority is vested in Congress to enact laws.
The executive branch enforces those laws.
SCOTUS has neither of those powers

Wonder what percent of women in those 24 countries really support the law on that.

Glad you think other countries have a more sane approach.

Viability has reached a consensus at 24-26 weeks.  Been there for some time.  Never going to be six or twelve weeks, for obvious embryological reasons.  You cartoonish partisan hack.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27257 on: May 22, 2022, 07:38:52 PM »

As I was studying healthy conflict resolution skills in community college, we were taught that there are some things that people are going to disagree on, and on those issues then people simply need to agree to disagree, and leave it at that and move on.

Because someone else does not agree with you does not mean that you need to go to war for that issue, you can agree to disagree and move on.

That is what we need to do as a nation, we need to agree to disagree on the issue of abortion and move on to issues that we agree on, such as helping the children who are born. We need to get busy helping the living. We need to focus on improving life for the living. We need to have free education for foster children, and there are other good things that all good people can agree on.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 07:40:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27258 on: May 22, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »

My area of expertise is wanting to help the orphans after they are born. And the government can help on that. All of the foster children should receive a free college education, etc. We need to help the children after they are born. I support life, and I support helping the children after they are born.

I will not give money to pay for an abortion, but I will be happy to pay to send the foster youth to college.

Salute,

Tony V.

The question remains: do you believe the government has the authority to require women to give birth?
24 countries think so.
Nearly all the rest have a more sane approach of allowing terminations of pregnancy before viability of the fetus.
(And also take into account the health dangers a pregnancy presents to the mother)
The science of viability has not reached a consensus,  6 weeks, 12 weeks, maybe 15?
Courts are not legislatures and judges only have two options in cases.  Agree with the law or dissent.
Courts are not.

Wonder what percent of women in those 24 countries really support the law on that.

Viability has reached a consensus at 24-26 weeks.  Been there for some time.  Never going to be six or twelve weeks, for obvious embryological reasons.  You cartoonish partisan hack.
I think you have taken yourself out of the science of this subject.
Not to mention missing the entire point of the debate  altogether.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27259 on: May 22, 2022, 08:27:54 PM »

---Open borders policies disproportionately hurt Black Americans---

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/29/open-borders-policies-disproportionately-hurt-black-americans/

Wow, difficult to post. Sounds like someone is owned by the liberal elite.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27260 on: May 22, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »

Right now we do not even have food for babies, and we have Putin being an asshole, it is not a time to have a civil war over the issue of abortion. People need to get their priorities straight. We need to focus on helping the living, and on the issues that we can all come together on as good people. We need to heal, and we need to help the living. And we need to stop Putin, etc, and we have refugees coming everyday.

And luee, we can put everyone to work, we can create jobs for everyone, if they are willing to do farm jobs, etc. They have to be willing to work in the fields. We also need construction workers to build housing. We can put everyone to work.

Also, we had to bring in the Germans to help us to go to the Moon, and right now we need to bring in the Asians to teach the Americans about computers and about technology. And we need for the guys at MIT to open new factories in Kentucky. Etc.

We need to help the living. It is not the time to go to war over the issue of abortion. We need to get our priorities straight. Right now we need to get food for the living babies. And we have homeless foster children right now who need help. We can come together on issues that we all care about. It is not the time for a civil war over abortion.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27261 on: May 22, 2022, 08:42:23 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/labor-increasingly-likely-to-form-majority-government-as-liberals-descend-into-turmoil

Australia finally figures out how to solve the problem of terrible right wing idiots running government. They voted the bums out.

Congratulations to Australia as they move on to a brighter future.

I hope the new government there can destroy Murdoch and his entire empire.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27262 on: May 22, 2022, 09:00:03 PM »

Here is the kind of crazy corruption that we are having to deal with right now, the crooked Mayor is trying to sell Angel Stadium without the consent of the people, and when the people tried to fight back, we the people were classified as being the "Homeless people of Anaheim" versus the City of Anaheim. It was all bullshit.

And guys like Donald Trump they think are great in this world, and they just classify us citizens as being the "Homeless Citizens of Anaheim" in our fight to keep Angel Stadium.

The Mayor, Harry Sidhu was not even born in America, he is from India. I am 3rd generation Californian and they are calling me the "Homeless" guy while the Mother Fucker from India is trying to run our city and sell Angel Stadium.

And my Fucking Grandfather's Brother worked at Disneyland back in the beginning, and we have people working at Disneyland from all over the world while the locals who were born here cannot get jobs.

How long do we have to be the "Homeless Citizens of Anaheim" while fuckers come here from all over the world and take over?

Our people are homeless in our own country and Trump wants to grab them by the pussy. And now is not the time for a war about abortion.

If we are going to fight, then let us join together on issues that we can fight together as a team to do for all of us. Let us help the living, instead of fighting over issues that we do not agree on.

It is a corrupt Fucker right now. And we are losing our country. We have homeless Americans while foreigners are taking over.

We can solve the issues, and we can put people to work, but we cannot do shit if they relegate us to being the "Homeless Citizens of Anaheim."

We need to rise to all being equal as citizens here, like it is meant to be, and we need to stop the corruption, and we need to work together to help the living. 

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 09:03:23 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27263 on: May 22, 2022, 09:09:36 PM »

While you sing the praises of Christians, a whole bunch of us are hearing this:
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/22/1100616952/southern-baptists-sex-abuse
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27265 on: May 22, 2022, 09:36:11 PM »

A lot of Christians are fake Josh, and they are not real Christians. There are people getting rich off of God without doing anything that God asks us to do in the Bible.

I would love to have been with a group of Christians who wanted to do service, like when I worked for the Burbank YMCA, and when I was in Youth For Christ, I would love to be out there helping to bring water service to a village, and helping to build orphanages, etc.

Now it seems like everyone is self-centered and everyone just wants you to see how pretty they are, or whatever, instead of trying to be human beings of substance, like my friend Lisa was. If you are Christian then you need to be on a mission, it is not just about being pretty.

Some people praise God because they are blessed, but many people are poor around the world who have strong faith as they seek to barely survive. People in hospitals pray for health that some people take for granted. We need to praise God during the hard times, instead of only being grateful for blessings.

And God has given me miracles. I have strong faith in God.

If I could I would be out there like a super hero helping the orphans like a real Christian should be doing, and I would love to find good people to serve the Lord with.

My favorite person right now is Pope Francis, and I support the Pope, he is a good man of peace.

And I like Dr Charles Stanley.

But yes Josh, many people are not real Christians and they just use God to get what they want.

Rome is awesome, I felt the Love of God in Rome. We need to do more as real Christians here in the Western Hemisphere to help the orphans, etc.

Guys like Trump want to grab the poor women by the pussy and build walls. We need for real Christians to rise up. It looks like Rick Caruso is going to rise and help the homeless people in Los Angeles, it is just sad that no one is helping the people now, we are supposed to be good Christian people, we need to be helping our people. And helping our people should be part of our policy. As a Christian nation we need to serve God as it says in Matthew 25: 31-46.

We need for the good guys to rise to the top and we need for the good guys to help the people. It should not be drug cartels rising to the top in Mexico but instead it should be good Christian people who love their communities and who love the children.

We need to stop the corruption, and we need for true Christians to rise to do good things.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27266 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:00 PM »

GOP directs culture war fury toward green investing trend

https://apnews.com/article/technology-cultures-climate-and-environment-government-politics-37bd9e4894541275982a7ff99089cc7e
Just what we do not need, ESG, a form of virtue signaling telling all of us how to invest our money.

What we do need is to stop subsidizing the industries that would fail in a free market and that are actively trying to kill us while at the same time covering it up.

You can all it green investing but it is actually just smart investing for investors with an eye towards future returns and a functioning world to spend them in.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27267 on: May 22, 2022, 10:14:20 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

24 countries think so.
Courts are not.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27269 on: May 23, 2022, 12:10:00 AM »

GOP directs culture war fury toward green investing trend

https://apnews.com/article/technology-cultures-climate-and-environment-government-politics-37bd9e4894541275982a7ff99089cc7e
Just what we do not need, ESG, a form of virtue signaling telling all of us how to invest our money.

What we do need is to stop subsidizing the industries that would fail in a free market and that are actively trying to kill us while at the same time covering it up.

You can all it green investing but it is actually just smart investing for investors with an eye towards future returns and a functioning world to spend them in.
The folks Red shills for do not give a shit about any future. They are waiting to be Raptured
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 2923