Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764278 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3435 on: March 11, 2021, 01:25:11 PM »

I'm not particularly offended by "Achtung" but as posted before, found it pretty funny and hypocritical that the guy who uses it as basically his sig line, accused another  of being a grammar nazi.

Tell me none of you white folks watched 'Seinfeld!"

"No grammar for YOU!"

The backlash for the term "Grammar Nazi" is the moral equivalent of decrying the "erasure of Dr. Suess and Mr. Potatohead."

Larry I was more amused by your assertion of what does or does not offend Jews.

I don't offend easily.

But your lack of offense and mine kind of proves his point, doesn't it?

He is not claiming that no Jews are offended by it, Banks.

He's claiming that being Jewish does not inherently mean one will be offended by it, which seems exactly on point.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: March 11, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »

I'm not particularly offended by "Achtung" but as posted before, found it pretty funny and hypocritical that the guy who uses it as basically his sig line, accused another  of being a grammar nazi.

"No grammar for YOU!"

The backlash for the term "Grammar Nazi" is the moral equivalent of decrying the "erasure of Dr. Suess and Mr. Potatohead."

I don't offend easily.
I don't think anyone was really offended, except kiid, for whom Nazi recerences strike too close to home. Uno is just an asshole who hates Larry.

Banks just likes to assert he knows more than I and is way smarter about anything and everything.

He's wrong but it appears to be a compulsion.

LMAO

Larry I agree with a lot of what you say.

But I do disagree from time to time and I tell you why.

And i'm specific with facts and reasons.

and I have no problem calling you out as a bullshitter when you bullshit.

I treat your posts I find misleading, or false or offensive just as I would treat others.

And you seem to have a problem with taking criticism.

Tough shit

Today I found it funny as hell you were telling Elba what Jews found offensive.

You know what Jews find offensive: prejudice and pastrami on white with mayo!

You want to shout out ACHTUNG to show how progressive you are, cool, knock yourself out.

But this is what will come to my mind.

barton

« Reply #3437 on: March 11, 2021, 01:29:36 PM »

Martha brakes wind!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/08/biden-administration-offshore-wind-474371

Good to see Biden give push to wind farms. 

It's a good wind that blows no ill.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 11, 2021, 01:32:53 PM »

This Jew finds prejudice offensive, but gives no damns about how you eat your pastrami. Mayo is offensive all by itself.

But the notion that "Jews" find any single thing uniformly offensive is pretty laughable.

We are a hugely varied group, even without including our Jews for Jesus and Wiccan Jew adjuncts.

Some Jews aren't even offended by claims that all Jews find X, Y, or Z offensive!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 11, 2021, 01:35:22 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

I don't offend easily.

But your lack of offense and mine kind of proves his point, doesn't it?

He is not claiming that no Jews are offended by it, Banks.

He's claiming that being Jewish does not inherently mean one will be offended by it, which seems exactly on point.

Josh- I generally stay out of other's squabbles.

i like to play one on one.
And I've had more than my share of disagreeing with Utley

This is what Larry said

its not offensive to Jews it’s offensive to you because I said it.

I don't claim to understand as you do Josh what Larry meant, but what he said was "its not offensive to Jews"

Larry spoke with a certainty about a race of people that I do not have, and I for one am thankful he can shed so much light on a subject he spends a lot of time thinking about.

but thanks again for explaining what Larry meant.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: March 11, 2021, 01:39:23 PM »

This Jew finds prejudice offensive, but gives no damns about how you eat your pastrami. Mayo is offensive all by itself.

But the notion that "Jews" find any single thing uniformly offensive is pretty laughable.

We are a hugely varied group, even without including our Jews for Jesus and Wiccan Jew adjuncts.

Some Jews aren't even offended by claims that all Jews find X, Y, or Z offensive!

Josh-I hope you cleared this with Larry.

And yes we are a people of many variations, but Larry after all understands the mind and tolerances of Jews.

He is the Jew expert here.

and his answers are final!

HEH

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 11, 2021, 01:44:00 PM »

Nazis were among the terrorists who stormed the Capitol and came damn close to decapitating the presidential succession. One guy had on 6MWNE gear.

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.com/neo-nazis-qanon-and-camp-auschwitz-symbols-on-display-at-capitol-riots/

And they were looking for one guy in particular.

“Where’s the big Jew?”

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-rioter-wheres-the-big-jew-chuck-schumer-senate-report-2021-3

Achtung, bitches...

Apparently some members at Elba can't figure out you're using "achtung" in the sense of attention,  as in "pay attention" . 

The "six million was not enough" is chilling.   It's not difficult to study a little history and get some inkling of what happens when any grievance group starts looking around for a minority to blame.

Bullshit. Larry knows it's offensive to Jews. It's been pointed out to him numerous times. It's been explained that grammar nazi, soup nazi, et alia diminish the term and softens the criminality of the perpetrators if the Holocaust.

But he repeats it.

Nigga, please.

its not offensive to Jews it’s offensive to you because I said it.

I bet you jizzed in your pants writing  ‘nigga.’

Fuck off”

Only Neo-Nazi Larry knows what offends others!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 11, 2021, 01:48:29 PM »

Good opportunity tonight for ("I will bring folks together") President Biden to give props to the former administration for getting the ball rolling nicely on vaccines.

Let's see what happens.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: March 11, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »

The New York Times pointed out Thursday that a close look at the vaccine ramp up offers a mixed picture of the successes Biden is touting through statements such as one he made Wednesday, when he said during a White House appearance that last weekend, "we hit a record of 2.9 vaccinations in one day in America," a figure that has since been disputed.

"The new administration expanded and bulked up a vaccine production effort whose key elements were in place when Mr. Biden took over for President Donald J. Trump," the New York Times pointed out.

Former Trump aides have accused Biden of using Trump's achievements to proclaim history while using the previous administration's playbook.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: March 11, 2021, 01:56:35 PM »

The White House has also come under fire after Press Secretary Jen Psaki last week refused to give Trump and his administration credit for expediting the vaccine development, and commented that she didn't "think anyone deserves credit when half a million people in the country have died from this pandemic."

Giving her a chance - really, I am.

Must be better.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3445 on: March 11, 2021, 02:09:45 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

Watching Seinfeld was not a pleasant experience. I'd rather watch All in the Family, which did social discomfort to some effect beyond ratings.

Really?

Seinfeld was literally a show about nothing.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3446 on: March 11, 2021, 02:14:21 PM »

The New York Times pointed out Thursday that a close look at the vaccine ramp up offers a mixed picture of the successes Biden is touting through statements such as one he made Wednesday, when he said during a White House appearance that last weekend, "we hit a record of 2.9 vaccinations in one day in America," a figure that has since been disputed.

"The new administration expanded and bulked up a vaccine production effort whose key elements were in place when Mr. Biden took over for President Donald J. Trump," the New York Times pointed out.

Former Trump aides have accused Biden of using Trump's achievements to proclaim history while using the previous administration's playbook.

"The president said the job numbers before were false but he assures me these numbers are real"

Sean Spicer on the first Jobs report under Trump.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3447 on: March 11, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »

J"osh- I generally stay out of other's squabbles.

And I've had more than my share of disagreeing with Utley"

Whats that, Jenna?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3448 on: March 11, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »

Official US Army Twitter account in response to... Tucker Carlson making fun of women in the armed forces.

But yeah, lets see what he hs to say about the murder of George Floyd...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 11, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »

J"osh- I generally stay out of other's squabbles.

And I've had more than my share of disagreeing with Utley"

Whats that, Jenna?

Nigga, please.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 2929