Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764263 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3420 on: March 11, 2021, 12:16:14 PM »

I thought the reference to Nazi Germany was the point. But not everything related to Germany is holocaust related, is it? I mean, as you note people use Nazi references all the time -.grammar Nazi, forum Nazi,.what have you - and no one has objected. As Larry noted, Uno claims to be offended, but then he is a race baiting asshole who has fastened on to Larry like a barnacle on a ship's hull.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3421 on: March 11, 2021, 12:18:20 PM »

I'm not particularly offended by "Achtung" but as posted before, found it pretty funny and hypocritical that the guy who uses it as basically his sig line, accused another  of being a grammar nazi.

Tell me none of you white folks watched 'Seinfeld!"

"No grammar for YOU!"

The backlash for the term "Grammar Nazi" is the moral equivalent of decrying the "erasure of Dr. Suess and Mr. Potatohead."

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: March 11, 2021, 12:21:41 PM »

I'm not particularly offended by "Achtung" but as posted before, found it pretty funny and hypocritical that the guy who uses it as basically his sig line, accused another  of being a grammar nazi.

"No grammar for YOU!"

The backlash for the term "Grammar Nazi" is the moral equivalent of decrying the "erasure of Dr. Suess and Mr. Potatohead."

Larry I was more amused by your assertion of what does or does not offend Jews.

I don't offend easily.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3423 on: March 11, 2021, 12:25:30 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

I don't offend easily.

I said you were full of shit.

I didn't say you were offended.

You must know by now you're 'feelings' are the least of my concerns.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 12:28:02 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3424 on: March 11, 2021, 12:32:02 PM »

'Danger Will Robinson!"

Fucking Nazis are trying to overturn the election and overthrow the government!

You've seen the insurrection, get ready for the insurgency!

Achtung, bitches!

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3425 on: March 11, 2021, 12:33:22 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

I don't offend easily.

I said you were full of shit.

I didn't say you were offended.

You must know by now you're 'feelings' are the least of my concerns.

Larry-I understand when I made you say "uncle" and admit to your lies a few days ago you harbored some deep grudges.

and you have some serious problems owning your mistakes and bullshit.

And I understand you harbor a lot of hate and that motivates a lot of your behavior.

ACHTUNG LARRY.

Look in the mirror.

I never admitted to a lie because I didn't.

As far as admitting to bullshit, look in the mirror your goddamn self.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3426 on: March 11, 2021, 12:34:35 PM »

"Hundreds of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and Ku Klux Klan members descended on Charlottesville this past weekend. One man, described as a Nazi sympathizer, is accused of plowing into a crowd of counterdemonstrators with his car, killing one woman and wounding several other people. And so a stranger asked Godwin to weigh in: When it comes to the white supremacists in Charlottesville, is it okay to compare what they believe and do to what the Nazis believed and did?
His reply was concise and unambiguous:"

I

Even Godwin says fuck Godwin's law when you're talking about real fucking NAZIS!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 12:36:44 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3427 on: March 11, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »

"Charlottesville this past weekend."

A quick reminder, this is an article from 2017.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: March 11, 2021, 12:57:56 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

I don't offend easily.
I don't think anyone was really offended, except kiid, for whom Nazi recerences strike too close to home. Uno is just an asshole who hates Larry.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3429 on: March 11, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

I don't offend easily.
I don't think anyone was really offended, except kiid, for whom Nazi recerences strike too close to home. Uno is just an asshole who hates Larry.

Banks just likes to assert he knows more than I and is way smarter about anything and everything.

He's wrong but it appears to be a compulsion.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: March 11, 2021, 01:16:01 PM »

Josh refuses to outlaw "ACHTUNG" - while forum is worse off for it.

Have a good morning.

/laughs/

You are too funny for words, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:09 PM »

Josh refuses to outlaw "ACHTUNG" - while forum is worse off for it.

Have a good morning.

Achtung is a German word that can be translated as 'Danger" or "Attention."

Yes, Adolph. We get it.

Let's consider if we all ended our posts with "nigga, please".

Would this be acceptable to you?

Because your comparing all Germans to Nazis means Larry is doing something wrong?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: March 11, 2021, 01:20:13 PM »

Nazis were among the terrorists who stormed the Capitol and came damn close to decapitating the presidential succession. One guy had on 6MWNE gear.

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.com/neo-nazis-qanon-and-camp-auschwitz-symbols-on-display-at-capitol-riots/

And they were looking for one guy in particular.

“Where’s the big Jew?”

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-rioter-wheres-the-big-jew-chuck-schumer-senate-report-2021-3

Achtung, bitches...

Apparently some members at Elba can't figure out you're using "achtung" in the sense of attention,  as in "pay attention" . 

The "six million was not enough" is chilling.   It's not difficult to study a little history and get some inkling of what happens when any grievance group starts looking around for a minority to blame.

Bullshit. Larry knows it's offensive to Jews.

It's not offensive "to Jews."

It's offensive to racists, which is pretty understandable.

I don't know any Jews to whom it is offensive who are not also racists.

(I do know a few who protest that they are not racists, while acting like racists regularly.)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: March 11, 2021, 01:22:06 PM »

I for one am gratified that Larry speaks with such confidence and certainty of what offends Jews.

As opposed to Ham's confidence and certainty, which prompts no comment from you.

Entertaining, in a 50s school informational video kind of way.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: March 11, 2021, 01:23:49 PM »

"No grammar for YOU!"

Watching Seinfeld was not a pleasant experience. I'd rather watch All in the Family, which did social discomfort to some effect beyond ratings.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 2929