Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763471 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #855 on: February 03, 2021, 05:10:49 PM »

Even Newsmax has had enough on the election conspiracy nonsense!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/media/newsmax-mypillow-mike-lindell-voter-claims/index.html

Thanks for the link

"Mike, you're talking about machines. We at Newsmax have not been able to verify any of those kinds of allegations," he said, before reading from a statement: "While there were some clear evidence of some cases of voter fraud and election irregularities, the election results in every state were certified, and Newsmax accepts the results as legal and final. The courts have also supported that view."

You posted it.  So you agree?  Or just taking a  cheap shot at PillowGuy?

I guess you didn't read the entire statement.

RIF. Reading is Fundamental.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 03, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »

Here's why the founder Carter G. Woodson created Black History Month and how it's different today than he originally planned.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/justthefaqs/2021/02/03/black-history-months-historical-origins-explained/4377064001/

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #857 on: February 03, 2021, 05:22:45 PM »

Here's why the founder Carter G. Woodson created Black History Month and how it's different today than he originally planned.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/justthefaqs/2021/02/03/black-history-months-historical-origins-explained/4377064001/

I remember when it was Negro History Week.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 03, 2021, 05:24:36 PM »

Conservative multigenerational attacks on public education have spawned the barstool conservative. By stopping the conservative swaths of this country from making men of their boys and dragging the whole polity down with them as people with sabotaged minds shuffle woefully around the country, conservative education policies increase inequality, slow growth, while producing generation after generation of gullible and feckless Americans. It’s how Ronald Reagan managed to get trump’s rallies full for him.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 03, 2021, 05:30:10 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/2/3/2013742/-GAO-issues-340-page-report-on-Trump-s-handling-of-the-COVID-19-pandemic-deeply-troubled

Where did Steve put all those missing federal funds?

This case is pretty twisted, more so than the usual republican crime spree.

barton

« Reply #860 on: February 03, 2021, 05:33:28 PM »

Regardless of Portnoy's own ambitions, I fully expect the future of the Republican Party to belong to Barstool conservatives, which is to say, to a growing but so far almost invisible coalition that could very well carry the White House. The Barstool conservative movement will not have institutions in any recognizable sense, certainly not think tanks or highbrow magazines, but it will be larger, more geographically disparate, younger, and probably more male. It will also, I suspect, be more racially diverse, much like the portion of the electorate that gave Trump 74 million votes in 2020.

A blend of kakistocracy and idiocracy (the Mike Judge version,  with a populace largely illiterate and crippled by ignorance).  Rather than having a real ideology (which requires coherent policy positions and philosophy), they will have slogans (think Orwell's dystopia, but with Twitter and provocative memes).   Politics will essentially be a crass form of entertainment, on the intellectual level of the Jerry Springer show.   

Or we could start fixing our educational system, so that it teaches civics, social studies,  history,  classic literature...all that stuff that doesn't place "productivity for the 21st century" as it's highest value,  all that stuff that makes it harder to beat people down into shiny corporate tools.   

And what Fac said.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #861 on: February 03, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »

Conservative multigenerational attacks on public education have spawned the barstool conservative. By stopping the conservative swaths of this country from making men of their boys and dragging the whole polity down with them as people with sabotaged minds shuffle woefully around the country, conservative education policies increase inequality, slow growth, while producing generation after generation of gullible and feckless Americans. It’s how Ronald Reagan managed to get trump’s rallies full for him.

No lies.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 03, 2021, 06:03:19 PM »

Even Newsmax has had enough on the election conspiracy nonsense!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/media/newsmax-mypillow-mike-lindell-voter-claims/index.html

Thanks for the link

"Mike, you're talking about machines. We at Newsmax have not been able to verify any of those kinds of allegations," he said, before reading from a statement: "While there were some clear evidence of some cases of voter fraud and election irregularities, the election results in every state were certified, and Newsmax accepts the results as legal and final. The courts have also supported that view."

You posted it.  So you agree?  Or just taking a  cheap shot at PillowGuy?

I guess you didn't read the entire statement.

RIF. Reading is Fundamental.

I did.

The part about there being evidence was pertinent.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 03, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 03, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »

Its OK - I know you all agree with Wiley - but will not say anything against this administration.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #866 on: February 03, 2021, 06:29:07 PM »

Its OK - I know you all agree with Wiley - but will not say anything against this administration.

Nah.

I don't agree with him on this.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 03, 2021, 06:37:47 PM »

When the barstool conservative factory was deciding what kind of sheep they wanted to produce, they fashioned Kid as a prototype. After flogging and fleecing him for a decade or two, they decided to incorporate 90% of his design into their base model.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 03, 2021, 06:40:39 PM »

I haven't given ten seconds thought to the issue.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 03, 2021, 06:42:21 PM »

ROFL
The latest from the New York Times comes today in support of an essay suggesting President Biden appoint a “ Reality Czar  and a “ truth commission”.
It argues millions of Americans have embraced hoaxes, lies, and delusions and questions whether we can unite a country where these millions have chose their version of reality.
Of course the cited examples of “ hoaxes, lies, and delusions, only cite right wing fringe groups like Qanon and the Proud Boys.

Since the Times has a paywall I’ll let those  interested find the essay.
But it is beyond reality  that the Times,  who promoted and help finance the much debunked 1619 Project and went overboard in furthering the outright hoax of Russian Collusion in the 2016 Election, would have the chutzpah to promote such nonsense as a “ truth czar”.

Unless it is following the lead of George Orwell who wrote that
“ Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 2929