Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763340 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #900 on: February 03, 2021, 10:10:32 PM »

You're not Jewish. Nor Black. Nor a Native American. Nor any of the folks she has expressed animosity or prejudice toward.

All of which would still give me no right to not have her serve her duly elected term

As with AOC - if she can keep her constituents, her locals happy she is in for life.  Just dont bet on a run for any other office

She just doesn’t need to be on any committee because she’s a fucking nut.

I dont disagree.  My point is that as just ONE on a committee what power would she even have?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 03, 2021, 10:11:35 PM »

You're not Jewish. Nor Black. Nor a Native American. Nor any of the folks she has expressed animosity or prejudice toward.

All of which would still give me no right to not have her serve her duly elected term

Both "ethically repugnant" actions and corruption have been deemed cause for unseating a member of Congress, Kid.

You conveniently did not comment upon "Nor are you one of the politicians she has supported the murder of."

Plenty corrupt. Plenty "ethically repugnant."

The latter is kind of like you.

And I happen to disagree with you that bigotry is insufficient cause. Her preference to discriminate is markedly against the Constitution.

I dont mind you educating me

Who has been removed?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 03, 2021, 10:22:08 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 03, 2021, 10:32:35 PM »

Both "ethically repugnant" actions and corruption have been deemed cause for unseating a member of Congress, Kid.

You conveniently did not comment upon "Nor are you one of the politicians she has supported the murder of."

And I happen to disagree with you that bigotry is insufficient cause. Her preference to discriminate is markedly against the Constitution.

Who has been removed?

Google is your friend.

And your question is wrong.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 03, 2021, 10:38:06 PM »

Google is meeting with ScoMo today.
Hope the meeting goes well, Google is good.
If not, and Google departs, Microsoft has said it's ready to take its place.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 03, 2021, 10:38:27 PM »

Chris Cillizia hardly reflects the news.
Tommy Tuberville is the duly elected Senator from Alabama.

When all other excuses and defenses fail,  fall back on the title.
Whatever that means.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 03, 2021, 10:40:43 PM »

Who has been removed?

Google is your friend.

Its funny when you are shown to not know what you pretend to

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 03, 2021, 10:42:04 PM »

Tell us about MTG's electric chair comments.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 03, 2021, 10:48:31 PM »

Who has been removed?

Google is your friend.

Its funny when you are shown to not know what you pretend to

It's funny when (a) your grammar is broken while you are attacking my knowledge, and

(b) when you think you have shown something you haven't.

If you don't know how to look it up, just say so, Kid. There are bunches of places you can find the information.

You can't even figure out why the question is wrong!

lol
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 03, 2021, 10:52:03 PM »

The more down home little bit of country gal or the wild and hot-blooded slightly nutty one, who might say yes to anything ?

Cheney or MTG?

House Repubs version of Ginger or Mary Ann.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 03, 2021, 11:00:59 PM »

ROFL
The latest from the New York Times comes today in support of an essay suggesting President Biden appoint a “ Reality Czar  and a “ truth commission”.
It argues millions of Americans have embraced hoaxes, lies, and delusions and questions whether we can unite a country where these millions have chose their version of reality.
Of course the cited examples of “ hoaxes, lies, and delusions, only cite right wing fringe groups like Qanon and the Proud Boys.

Since the Times has a paywall I’ll let those  interested find the essay.
But it is beyond reality  that the Times,  who promoted and help finance the much debunked 1619 Project and went overboard in furthering the outright hoax of Russian Collusion in the 2016 Election, would have the chutzpah to promote such nonsense as a “ truth czar”.

Unless it is following the lead of George Orwell who wrote that
“ Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
LOL
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 04, 2021, 12:14:45 AM »

It's all hit the fan in women's sport as regards transgender athletes.
Someone here, Josh?   said to let him know when there wrere examples.
The examples are in plain sight now...women suing the govt ...many women and women's sporting groups outraged, claiming "unfair".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 04, 2021, 02:35:52 AM »

If the RICO comes about, I think felonies have triggered removal from congress in the past. In the meantime the Georgia freak lady can constrain her kookiness to full floor debates if and when recognized and any media that doesn’t deplatform her. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 04, 2021, 02:55:22 AM »

It's all hit the fan in women's sport as regards transgender athletes.
Someone here, Josh?   said to let him know when there wrere examples.
The examples are in plain sight now...women suing the govt ...many women and women's sporting groups outraged, claiming "unfair".

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to eliminate the business of college sports.  Maybe colleges should just be teaching institutions.  I don't know. Call me crazy.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 2929