Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763352 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #945 on: February 04, 2021, 02:31:29 PM »

shhhhhhh.....

you aren't retarded, right?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #946 on: February 04, 2021, 02:33:54 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 04, 2021, 02:35:43 PM »

Here is an old email from the Actorchat, pertaining to another idea that I had for a new television show...

After I inherited a big screen television from my Uncle Dennis I have been watching a little television, and I watched a couple of episodes of a show on KTLA named "L.A. Complex." On the show the characters all live in an apartment complex, and they have pool parties in the courtyard at the complex and stuff, and it kind of reminds me of the complex where I live in that we are able to have pool parties here in the courtyard at my complex with live bands and stuff. I doubt that very many apartment complexes in L.A. allow you to have parties, but we really do have parties here at my complex in Anaheim.

And it started me thinking about what a show about my apartment complex here in Anaheim would be like. We have beautiful women here, we have a million children (some of the children here aspire to work in the entertainment industry), we have parties in the courtyard with live bands, there are a lot of ideas for story-lines, we have had a couple of murders in this neighborhood so there is a little action, we have a neighborhood gang that is a three hundred year old Mexican gang here in the barrio (La Fabrica), there is a little restaurant and market around the corner where people hang out, plus there are all of the aspects of the city of Anaheim, and Disneyland, and there is a club within walking distance that has bands on weekends, maybe a character could work at city hall, a character could be into charity, most of the population here is Latino so there would have to be a lot of Latinos on the show and there would have to be some Latino issues in the story-lines, one powerful character in the show could be the apartment manager (Like Esperanza), and the show could have a cool owner of the complex (Like Bing here), we have some musicians here, etc etc etc, I think if someone really used their imagination, and took dramatic license to create a fun show, that maybe a cool show could be made using this apartment complex as inspiration. Maybe a person could spend some time observing everything here, and then let their imagination go wild, and could maybe write some cool stuff. Or a team of writers, I know for me I write better when I work with a team. I do not know, it is just an idea I had.

All of the best,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 04, 2021, 03:11:15 PM »

shhhhhhh.....

you aren't retarded, right?

Are you looking for a support group, ladyK?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 04, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »

What the Fuck is wrong with White pople in Wisconsin?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/04/wisconsin-republicans-try-again-end-tony-evers-mask-mandate/4386525001/

Seems they don't like being forced, ...forced, to do things.
Anyone in Wisconsin with even1/4 of their brain working should be able to see that everyone wearing a mask is what's necessary to stop the Covid horror in America.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 04, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »

"If I am in Beijing right now I am having a pretty good afternoon"

- K T McFarland - after Joe Biden's speech on foreign policy
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #953 on: February 04, 2021, 03:53:29 PM »

"If I am in Beijing right now I am having a pretty good afternoon"

- K T McFarland - after Joe Biden's speech on foreign policy

Didn't she work for Mike Flynn and ie about his interactions with Kislyak?

heh

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #954 on: February 04, 2021, 03:54:06 PM »

https://www.yesmagazine.org/social-justice/2019/02/05/black-lives-matter-is-making-single-moms-homeowners

Good start,  with elements of the Habitat approach,  rehabbing old houses which still have good bones.   I was impressed they get the new owner involved in the fixing up...

And she’s also putting in sweat equity. “Next week, I’m going over there to help hang drywall, put in floors, whatever I need to do to get the house ready,” she says. 

The key is to get owners who start out getting plaster on their hands,  who love their homes in that way you do when you've invested your own labor in it.   That's a home you will take care of.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 04, 2021, 03:54:40 PM »

The name of my new television show about an apartment complex in Anaheim can be "Friendship Plaza." The courtyard by City Hall is named Friendship Plaza, and that can be the name of the new television show. And Anaheim is the City of Kindness, which is really cool.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 04, 2021, 04:06:44 PM »

WTF is with White people in Florida?

https://twitter.com/sambrocknbc/status/1357047400548950023?s=21

Paint with a broad brush, much?

There are many good folks in FL who happen to be white.

Check your bigotry.

fuck off, asshole.

I see you are committed to your stupidity.
Actually, I believe he is committed to calling you an asshole, and telling you to fuck off.

Not trying to deal substantively with a ignorant troll who has repeatedly demonstrated a personal vendetta is hardly stupidity.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 04, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »

Check your bigotry.

fuck off, asshole.

I'm committed to treating you with the respect you've earned.

Don't like it?

Tough.

Either put me on ignore or just skip past my posts.

Now go fuck yourself with a jagged stick.

I'm only commenting on the bigotry embedded in your comments. Imagine if someone here wrote, "WTF is with Black people in Florida?" and posted a link like this: https://www.local10.com/florida-files/2019/08/28/yahweh-ben-yahweh-miami-cult-leader-or-caught-up-in-a-conspiracy-2/"

For sure you'd claim that they were painting all Black Floridians with a broad brush.

Don't worry, josh will protect you and allow you to go in a direction that no one else is allowed.

I guess that's josh's own version of "affirmative action".

But it's clear who you really are.

Good day.

Chum.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 04, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »

Check your bigotry.

fuck off, asshole.

Actually, I believe he is committed to calling you an asshole, and telling you to fuck off.

Not trying to deal substantively with a ignorant troll who has repeatedly demonstrated a personal vendetta is hardly stupidity.

Fuck off, asshole.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 04, 2021, 04:14:09 PM »

What the Fuck is wrong with White pople in Wisconsin?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/04/wisconsin-republicans-try-again-end-tony-evers-mask-mandate/4386525001/

Larry,

The resolution passed 52-42
Wisconsin state legislature is 93% white. 

So a large group of "White pople" opposed the resolution and voted to keep the mask mandate.

You post a lot about "WTF is wrong with White People". 
This is evidence that you (at least sometimes) do it reflexively and without analysis.
Your point could be better made if you used it when it actually has merit. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 2929