Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653410 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2925 on: March 06, 2021, 12:58:08 PM »

Branch Trumpvidians

I sometimes confuse Gosar with this malign entity...

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Gozer

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: March 06, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »

Big issue is covid, if the vaccines work as they should dems are in power. 

Unfortunately the new VA chief is another in a long line of dem political hack bozos. I have not seen my PCP, primary care physician, in 6 months. I had to contact a previous Dr. from a VA hospital far far away  and a long time ago to get someone to look at bloodwork numbers. Liberal elites always put vets way behind anchor babies.

---A new VA wait-time scandal is brewing and we have no way to know how big it is---

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/05/veterans-affairs-wait-time-medical-appointment-trump-mcdonough-column/6820715002/

Six months?

Biden ain’t been in 60 days and you’re bitching at him about the VA?

Started with the general covid meltdown under Trump but not a word or action by Biden. Only hearing about the babies in cages. You have a VA problem Mr. prez! Actually the first three years under the Donald saw drastic improvement in the VA from the BHO years. Liberal elites do not seem to value the efforts and sacrifices of servicemen.

You’re hopeles.

Yeah. In my opinion babies in cages are more important than bitter old vets who don’t know enough to realize they’re bitching at the guys who actually give a shit about them while praising Trump who did nothing but fuck you without lube.

Vets never had it worse than under BHO-uncle Joe. They put in a token and defended him. Did not even know he resigned in disgrace after the biggest scandal ever.

Since you forgot or more probably never read;

---CNN reported on April 30, 2014 that at least 40 United States Armed Forces veterans died while waiting for care at the Phoenix, Arizona, Veterans Health Administration facilities. By June 5, 2014, Veterans Affairs internal investigations had identified 35 veterans who had died while waiting for care in the Phoenix VHA system.[1] An investigation of delays in treatment throughout the Veterans Health Administration system is being conducted by the Veterans Affairs Office of the Inspector General,[2][3][4] and the House has passed legislation to fund a $1 million criminal investigation by the Justice Department.[5] On May 16, 2014, the Veterans Health Administration's top health official, Dr. Robert Petzel, retired early at the request of Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki.[6][7] On May 30, 2014, Secretary Shinseki resigned from office amid the fallout from the controversy.[8][9] As of early June 2014, several other VA medical centers around the nation have been identified with the same problems as the Phoenix facility, and the investigations by the VA Inspector General, the Congress and others are widening.[2][9][10][11][12][13][14] An internal VA audit released June 9, 2014 found that more than 120,000 veterans were left waiting or never got care and that schedulers were pressured to use unofficial lists or engage in inappropriate practices to make waiting times appear more favorable.[15] On June 11, 2014, the Federal Bureau of Investigation opened a criminal investigation of the VA.[16] President Barack Obama ordered a White House investigation. On June 27, 2014, Obama's Deputy Chief of Staff, Rob Nabors, reported "significant and chronic system failures" and a "corrosive culture" inside the Veterans Health Administration.[17] In August 2014, Obama signed Congressional legislation regarding funding and reform of the Veterans Health Administration.---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Health_Administration_scandal_of_2014#:~:text=The%20Veterans%20Health%20Administration%20scandal,an%20appointment%20within%2014%20days.

Lunatic fringe of the democratic party and the liberal elite love their anchor babies, not so much veterans or American babies.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: March 06, 2021, 01:21:24 PM »

A slave to humanity

Doing what must be done.

You thought you were alone

But you are not the only one.

With the heritage of heroes

And a greatness that overflows.

Battling against the misery

That God's children should never know.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: March 06, 2021, 01:31:21 PM »

I'm not enough of a policy wonk and certainly don't understand WV politics to really appreciate Manchin's benefit for what seems a modest change to the Biden Relief plan. His constituents need the financials bennies as much or more than anyone.

I read it as a dick swing-territorial display for both the folks back home and Dem-leadership. In a 50-50 world where the filibuster rules, this might have been his best shot to show his big-doggedness.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2929 on: March 06, 2021, 01:35:40 PM »

Dems stayed BIG with the American Recovery Act:

—$1,400 stimulus checks
—$300-a-week jobless benefits
—Child allowance up to $3,600
—$350 billion state/local aid
—$34 billion for ACA subsidies
—$14 billion vaccine distribution
—100% COBRA subsidies

and NO Republican support.

Let the GOP sell the fact they wanted to fuck over their people.

Te Republicans lost their fear mongering advantage of "Burning, looting and rioting!" on 1/6.

Don't get all exasperated by the sausage making histrionics depicted in the media.

Pretty soon Congress is gonna have to do the FY2022 defense budget at which point the minimum wage increase can be added to the "must pass" bill.

Meanwhile Ron Johnson's stunt the other pretty much guarantees the filibuster will altered because his treat was if Dems try to kill the filibuster the GOP will throw sand in the gears and grind everything to a halt through procedural maneuvers. Except they can't stop shit (as evidenced by ARA) they can only slow down shit.

Democrats can now say to the GOP, "That's the best you got?"

Biden has the opportunity to become a truly transformational figure in history.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:44:06 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: March 06, 2021, 01:40:41 PM »

Biden has done more so far to help the American people in his first two months than the last three republican presidents did in their entire tenures.

It’s no wonder republicans hate elections. Useless parasites with no platform can never win.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2931 on: March 06, 2021, 01:42:22 PM »

Unfortunately the new VA chief is another in a long line of dem political hack bozos. I have not seen my PCP, primary care physician, in 6 months. I had to contact a previous Dr. from a VA hospital far far away  and a long time ago to get someone to look at bloodwork numbers. Liberal elites always put vets way behind anchor babies.

---A new VA wait-time scandal is brewing and we have no way to know how big it is---

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/05/veterans-affairs-wait-time-medical-appointment-trump-mcdonough-column/6820715002/

Six months?

Started with the general covid meltdown under Trump but not a word or action by Biden. Only hearing about the babies in cages. You have a VA problem Mr. prez! Actually the first three years under the Donald saw drastic improvement in the VA from the BHO years. Liberal elites do not seem to value the efforts and sacrifices of servicemen.

You’re hopeles.

Yeah. In my opinion babies in cages are more important than bitter old vets who don’t know enough to realize they’re bitching at the guys who actually give a shit about them while praising Trump who did nothing but fuck you without lube.

Vets never had it worse than under BHO-uncle Joe. They put in a token and defended him. Did not even know he resigned in disgrace after the biggest scandal ever.

---CNN reported on April 30, 2014 that at least 40 United States Armed Forces veterans died while waiting for care at the Phoenix, Arizona, Veterans Health Administration facilities. By June 5, 2014, Veterans Affairs internal investigations had identified 35 veterans who had died while waiting for care in the Phoenix VHA system.[1] An investigation of delays in treatment throughout the Veterans Health Administration system is being conducted by the Veterans Affairs Office of the Inspector General,[2][3][4] and the House has passed legislation to fund a $1 million criminal investigation by the Justice Department.[5] On May 16, 2014, the Veterans Health Administration's top health official, Dr. Robert Petzel, retired early at the request of Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki.[6][7] On May 30, 2014, Secretary Shinseki resigned from office amid the fallout from the controversy.[8][9] As of early June 2014, several other VA medical centers around the nation have been identified with the same problems as the Phoenix facility, and the investigations by the VA Inspector General, the Congress and others are widening.[2][9][10][11][12][13][14] An internal VA audit released June 9, 2014 found that more than 120,000 veterans were left waiting or never got care and that schedulers were pressured to use unofficial lists or engage in inappropriate practices to make waiting times appear more favorable.[15] On June 11, 2014, the Federal Bureau of Investigation opened a criminal investigation of the VA.[16] President Barack Obama ordered a White House investigation. On June 27, 2014, Obama's Deputy Chief of Staff, Rob Nabors, reported "significant and chronic system failures" and a "corrosive culture" inside the Veterans Health Administration.[17]

In August 2014, Obama signed Congressional legislation regarding funding and reform of the Veterans Health Administration.---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Health_Administration_scandal_of_2014#:~:text=The%20Veterans%20Health%20Administration%20scandal,an%20appointment%20within%2014%20days.

Lunatic fringe of the democratic party and the liberal elite love their anchor babies, not so much veterans or American babies.

luee, your posted information contradicts the shit you're spewing.

VETERANS

TRUMP: “We passed VA Choice and VA Accountability to give our veterans the care that they deserve and they have been trying to pass these things for 45 years.” — Montoursville, Pennsylvania, rally on May 20.

THE FACTS: Wrong. Trump is not the first president in 45 years to get Congress to pass Veterans Choice; Obama did it in the wake of a scandal at VA’s medical center in Phoenix, where some veterans died while waiting months for appointments. The program currently allows veterans to see doctors outside the VA system if they must wait more than 30 days for an appointment or drive more than 40 miles (65 kilometers) to a VA facility.

https://apnews.com/article/375515aecedb4aed949e4f2eb9c54eb6

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2932 on: March 06, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »

Biden has done more so far to help the American people in his first two months than the last three republican presidents did in their entire tenures.

It’s no wonder republicans hate elections. Useless parasites with no platform can never win.

TKTPS

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: March 06, 2021, 01:46:28 PM »

COVID RELIEF was the one area Biden had to go big.

And I pounded the table on that last June.

Get Americans healthy and the economy working again-was Biden's JOB 1, 2 and 3.

You don't scrimp on relief  and recovery.

I think when Dem candidates ask the question going into '22, "Are you better off today than you were..."

is not a terrible way to frame the debate.

The respondent might say, we all got out shots, and grandpa's feeling better now, and the kids are back in school, and me and the Mrs are both back at work, and we plan to go on a nice family vacation for the first time in a few years, so I'll have to get back to you.

Hopefuly the Dems can build on this and win in '22.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:51:21 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: March 06, 2021, 02:12:01 PM »

Does the VA offer treatment for your Stockholm Syndrome?

Have you had an opportunity yet to receive a Covid vaccine?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2935 on: March 06, 2021, 02:15:25 PM »

"And I pounded the table on that last June."

Last June you were busy screaming at me because I left "this week" in a pull quote about Kaepernick's protest.

I said America didn't listen to peaceful protest and now the protest is in the streets.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: March 06, 2021, 02:26:40 PM »

You can fly to Rome right now for $500 round trip from Los Angeles on Alitalia...

https://www.alitalia.com/en_us

And I can stay at the Hotel Ivanhoe, it is in a great neighborhood, I stayed in that neighborhood before, for 6 weeks, in 2003...

http://www.hotelivanhoe.it/

After I get vaccinated then I want to travel. 

Italy needs the money from Tourism and I really want to go.

It will help the airline, it will help the hotel, it is good for everyone, and I really want to go to Italy. Even just for a 2 week vacation. 

( By the way, here is a secret, fly at night, on a Wednesday, and it is cheaper, and the airports are less crowded. )

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 06, 2021, 02:42:36 PM »

"And I pounded the table on that last June."

Last June you were busy screaming at me because I left "this week" in a pull quote about Kaepernick's protest.

I said America didn't listen to peaceful protest and now the protest is in the streets.

Re Kaepernick

I called you out for intentionally misleading this forum with a quote that was 4 years old that you tried to attribute to events of last summer.

You got caught in a lie.

And you knew it.

and now you are trying to change the subject.

LMAO

oh Larry, Larry, Larry

SSDD

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 06, 2021, 03:03:34 PM »

Six months?

You’re hopeles.

---CNN reported on April 30, 2014 that at least 40 United States Armed Forces veterans died while waiting for care at the Phoenix, Arizona, Veterans Health Administration facilities. By June 5, 2014, Veterans Affairs internal investigations had identified 35 veterans who had died while waiting for care in the Phoenix VHA system.[1] An investigation of delays in treatment throughout the Veterans Health Administration system is being conducted by the Veterans Affairs Office of the Inspector General,[2][3][4] and the House has passed legislation to fund a $1 million criminal investigation by the Justice Department.[5] On May 16, 2014, the Veterans Health Administration's top health official, Dr. Robert Petzel, retired early at the request of Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki.[6][7] On May 30, 2014, Secretary Shinseki resigned from office amid the fallout from the controversy.[8][9] As of early June 2014, several other VA medical centers around the nation have been identified with the same problems as the Phoenix facility, and the investigations by the VA Inspector General, the Congress and others are widening.[2][9][10][11][12][13][14] An internal VA audit released June 9, 2014 found that more than 120,000 veterans were left waiting or never got care and that schedulers were pressured to use unofficial lists or engage in inappropriate practices to make waiting times appear more favorable.[15] On June 11, 2014, the Federal Bureau of Investigation opened a criminal investigation of the VA.[16] President Barack Obama ordered a White House investigation. On June 27, 2014, Obama's Deputy Chief of Staff, Rob Nabors, reported "significant and chronic system failures" and a "corrosive culture" inside the Veterans Health Administration.[17]

In August 2014, Obama signed Congressional legislation regarding funding and reform of the Veterans Health Administration.---

luee, your posted information contradicts the shit you're spewing.

VETERANS

TRUMP: “We passed VA Choice and VA Accountability to give our veterans the care that they deserve and they have been trying to pass these things for 45 years.” — Montoursville, Pennsylvania, rally on May 20.

THE FACTS: Wrong. Trump is not the first president in 45 years to get Congress to pass Veterans Choice; Obama did it in the wake of a scandal at VA’s medical center in Phoenix, where some veterans died while waiting months for appointments. The program currently allows veterans to see doctors outside the VA system if they must wait more than 30 days for an appointment or drive more than 40 miles (65 kilometers) to a VA facility.

https://apnews.com/article/375515aecedb4aed949e4f2eb9c54eb6

BHO did nothing for the vets. He probably cannot recognize a serviceman in uniform.

TODAY'S DEBATE
Trump achieves major victories for veterans
The administration has implemented reforms that increase accountability and expand health care choices, and former servicemembers support them: Opposing view
Nate AndersonOpinion contributors
Veterans, servicemembers and military families are good at seeing the forest for the trees. On issues important to the veteran and military community, President Donald Trump has achieved some major victories.

Chief among them, the Trump administration has passed and implemented historic reforms to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), including greater accountability for VA employees and increased health care choice for veterans, which enjoys support from 90% of veterans.

Additionally, the president signed bills that fixed long-standing issues with the GI Bill in a fiscally responsible manner and addressed the VA disability claims backlog.

While the Trump administration deserves great credit for its work fixing systemic problems at the VA, there remains work to be done. The White House should quickly direct the VA to reverse its decision to pause the VA MISSION Act. This perplexing decision is restricting veterans’ access to care and endangering the progress made in expanding choice for veterans, right when they need more options.

I know from personal experience he took the appeal process away from cynical VA doctors and gave it to DRs outside of the VA,  he had the VA looked at by civilian committees not by VA civil service, both major improvements. Unfortunately his mental condition declined as the covid infection spread. Joe deserved to win but dump the loonies please and support the vets.

Been a pleasure to serve my country and defend democracy. No I did not do it for for the teeming millions on the other side looking for a dole.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: March 06, 2021, 03:12:20 PM »

It’s a nice story Luee, even if it’s fabulously untrue.

Here’s what actually happened.

http://apnews.com/article/john-mccain-ap-fact-check-joe-biden-veterans-veterans-affairs-f322b3774b773cc29a527bc6f9b204ad

I’ll forward your heartfelt thanks and apologies to BHO.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 2787