Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 2782

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 651951 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2970 on: March 07, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »

Getting serious about addressing racial violence in policing practice and systemic racism generally back when Kap first took a knee or better yet years before that would have greatly improved our country and radically changed the trajectory of the movement that became BLM.

50-50 politics was and is a dishonest fig leaf to keep the GOP afloat after the disastrous Raygun and Bush years. 50-50 politics is one of the poisonous elements that helped metastasize a fundamentally dishonest conservative movement to the rabid and insane terrorist movement we are plagued by now.   

The question is are we a 60-40 or a 70-30 country as things stand today. The answer is that in a democracy it doesn’t really matter. There is no benefit to catering to the most violent and fundamentally fucked up minority in society.

If America has a future, the republican future in it consists of all bars and no keys.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #2972 on: March 07, 2021, 03:33:17 PM »

Anyone else really enjoying this battle between Forum Dick 1 and Forum Dick 2?

Not enjoying,  and scrolling past.   At some point you have to wonder how expending all those words on ill will and gotcha jabs affects the brain.   If it's truly the SSDD, then why bother with it at all?   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: March 07, 2021, 03:33:46 PM »

Another woman accuses Cuomo.
Who is next, the Rockettes?

Hell if that happened he’d have as many accusations as the twice impeached, twice losing the popular vote former president.

Difference is he's IN OFFICE
Which would mean something maybe IF YOU GAVE A FUCK WHEN TRUMP WAS IN OFFICE WHICH YOU DID NOT.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: March 07, 2021, 03:59:20 PM »

Not enjoying,  and scrolling past.   At some point you have to wonder how expending all those words on ill will and gotcha jabs affects the brain.   If it's truly the SSDD, then why bother with it at all?

Bart-You might want to wonder why Larry brought up a long forgotten and dismissed piece of his intentionally misleading bullshit rather than discuss Joe Manchin's 12-hour decision to deliver the decisive 50th vote in the Biden relief bill within the context of Larry's wet dream of what he espouses as an instantaneously achievable GO BIG agenda and wish list.

The SSDD was a just gentle reminder to Larry that his bullshit is remembered. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: March 07, 2021, 04:01:19 PM »

KTLA 5 News 

8 hours · 

In a two-hour special Sunday hosted by Oprah Winfrey, Meghan and Harry are set to describe the backstory and effects of their tumultuous split from royal life.

https://ktla.com/news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-to-discuss-split-from-royal-life-with-oprah/

-----------------

They have the power to help the poor, and to help the needy, they can help the orphans, and they can help the homeless and the hungry, etc. They can use their Royal Duties to help other people. Here is what the Bible says...

Psalm 82:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

They have the power to help other people. They have been given this wonderful gift of being Royalty and they can use their gift to help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2976 on: March 07, 2021, 04:03:07 PM »

You're fibbing again Larry.

I accused you of intentionally misleading this forum, by passing off an out of date (by 4 years) unrelated link and snippet of a quote re Kaep and protest) to the events of last summer. And once your subterfuge was called out, you then lied about it.

Rudy?

LMAO

Really?

Larry your defense to your lies  is name calling?

Oh, Larry, Larry, Larry!

SSDD

What's that, Jenna?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2977 on: March 07, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »

Getting serious about addressing racial violence in policing practice and systemic racism generally back when Kap first took a knee or better yet years before that would have greatly improved our country and radically changed the trajectory of the movement that became BLM.

50-50 politics was and is a dishonest fig leaf to keep the GOP afloat after the disastrous Raygun and Bush years. 50-50 politics is one of the poisonous elements that helped metastasize a fundamentally dishonest conservative movement to the rabid and insane terrorist movement we are plagued by now.   

The question is are we a 60-40 or a 70-30 country as things stand today. The answer is that in a democracy it doesn’t really matter. There is no benefit to catering to the most violent and fundamentally fucked up minority in society.

If America has a future, the republican future in it consists of all bars and no keys.

Exactly.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2978 on: March 07, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »

I

t shouldn't be a matter of enjoyment and if one took the couple of minutes to examine this thread you too might agree that I am venal and stupid.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 07, 2021, 04:15:43 PM »

You're fibbing again Larry.

I accused you of intentionally misleading this forum, by passing off an out of date (by 4 years) unrelated link and snippet of a quote re Kaep and protest) to the events of last summer. And once your subterfuge was called out, you then lied about it.

Rudy?

LMAO

Really?

Larry your defense to your lies  is name calling?

Oh, Larry, Larry, Larry!

SSDD

What's that, Jenna?

Larry-Did I refer to you as Jenna at some point?

And you took  offense.

Tough shit.

My point remains calling me Rudy is hardly a rebuttal for the documented lies you presented to this forum. 

But like Jenna's defense of Trump, lies and misleading bullshit is the best you could do.

SSDD

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2980 on: March 07, 2021, 04:18:47 PM »

Bankshot

Check yourself ,Bud.

I didn’t edit (forgot to edit, whatever) two words out of a quick cut and paste (the words were "this week") and you’ve spent the whole day twisting yourself into a pretzel because you can’t admit you called me on a mistake and I copped to it.

Everything else is bullshit and you know it.

I made a mistake by posting a cut and paste pull quote from an article illustrated by the subject of said quote.

Everyone with an inkling of the subject knows Kaepernick has been out of the league for three years but yeah, I tried to ‘pull a fast one’ by captioning the post in past tense just to be misleading.

BTW

Michael Sam should have taken the Oprah money.

I never said you edited anything.

What you did, when I challenged your post as potentially misleading, was admit your data posted as "current" was actually from 2016.

[Yeah. Because everyone knows the NFL plays in JUNE]... sarcasm font.

It portrayed a misleading narrative.

And all I did was call you out on it.

And you got defensive and then accused me of challenging you because of racism.

Which as we both know is bullshit.

Seems you choked on the pretzel of pride rather than simply admit your mistake.

Get over it.

I am.

Speaking of getting over it

If Sam wanted to achieve his dream of being a pro football player and having a pro career he should have thanked Oprah for her interest but turn her down and try out for the team like everyone else. No special camera crews and reporters interfering with the team or others players as they tried to make the Rams as they prepared for the season. He took some very bad advice, which he finally understood upon some reflection.

Its unfortunate that you remain short-sighted as to what's really important.

pleasure as always trying to set you straight my black brother.

Yep.

Always.

About everything, Achi.

By the way.

Michael Sam took not one snap in the NFL regular season and he isn't the lead correspondent for 'OutSports' because he got bad advice.

He should have kept the deal with Oprah.

DPOY in SEC doesn't get drafted until 7th Round Drafted by home townn franchise that was DEEP at his position.
He dominated training camp by leading team with sacks, pressures and hurries.

Rap was he playing against third stringers and late round draft picks which was bullshit considering he was the 249th pick out 256.

With the benefit of hindsight and facts in evidence, (Not one snap and not one media gig)  he should NOT HAVR BROKEN THE CONTRACT with Oprah Winfrey.

Once he came out before the draft he was NEVER EVER going to play in the league and once he broke his deal the old adage was true, "You''ll never work in this town again."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 04:22:22 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: March 07, 2021, 04:28:12 PM »

Bankshot

Check yourself ,Bud.

I didn’t edit (forgot to edit, whatever) two words out of a quick cut and paste (the words were "this week") and you’ve spent the whole day twisting yourself into a pretzel because you can’t admit you called me on a mistake and I copped to it.

Everything else is bullshit and you know it.

I made a mistake by posting a cut and paste pull quote from an article illustrated by the subject of said quote.

Everyone with an inkling of the subject knows Kaepernick has been out of the league for three years but yeah, I tried to ‘pull a fast one’ by captioning the post in past tense just to be misleading.

BTW

Michael Sam should have taken the Oprah money.

I never said you edited anything.

What you did, when I challenged your post as potentially misleading, was admit your data posted as "current" was actually from 2016.

[Yeah. Because everyone knows the NFL plays in JUNE]... sarcasm font.

It portrayed a misleading narrative.

And all I did was call you out on it.

And you got defensive and then accused me of challenging you because of racism.

Which as we both know is bullshit.

Seems you choked on the pretzel of pride rather than simply admit your mistake.

Get over it.

I am.

Speaking of getting over it

If Sam wanted to achieve his dream of being a pro football player and having a pro career he should have thanked Oprah for her interest but turn her down and try out for the team like everyone else. No special camera crews and reporters interfering with the team or others players as they tried to make the Rams as they prepared for the season. He took some very bad advice, which he finally understood upon some reflection.

Its unfortunate that you remain short-sighted as to what's really important.

pleasure as always trying to set you straight my black brother.

Yep.

Always.

About everything, Achi.

By the way.

Michael Sam took not one snap in the NFL regular season and he isn't the lead correspondent for 'OutSports' because he got bad advice.

He should have kept the deal with Oprah.

DPOY in SEC doesn't get drafted until 7th Round Drafted by home townn franchise that was DEEP at his position.
He dominated training camp by leading team with sacks, pressures and hurries.

Rap was he playing against third stringers and late round draft picks which was bullshit considering he was the 249th pick out 256.

With the benefit of hindsight and facts in evidence, (Not one snap and not one media gig)  he should NOT HAVR BROKEN THE CONTRACT with Oprah Winfrey.

Once he came out before the draft he was NEVER EVER going to play in the league and once he broke his deal the old adage was true, "You''ll never work in this town again."

Jenna That's some awesome legal work there.

Larry I've no idea what you think you are proving, other than my point about your dishonesty.

At this point, you've gone over and above SSDD, other than to say that those are edited posts, (were they just edited?)

Last word Jenna

Try GO SMART instead of GO DISHONEST.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 07, 2021, 04:46:26 PM »

Bart-You might want to wonder why Larry brought up a long forgotten and dismissed piece of his intentionally misleading bullshit rather than discuss Joe Manchin's 12-hour decision to deliver the decisive 50th vote in the Biden relief bill within the context of Larry's wet dream of what he espouses as an instantaneously achievable GO BIG agenda and wish list.

I like you, and I like Larry, but why does every discussion between the two of you seem to be like trying to handle glue? Lord knows I occasionally like arguments where the quote boxes run to double figures but sometimes it needs a rest.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: March 07, 2021, 04:52:05 PM »

I like you, and I like Larry, but why does every discussion between the two of you seem to be like trying to handle glue? Lord knows I occasionally like arguments where the quote boxes run to double figures but sometimes it needs a rest.

Because I treat Larry like I treat other people who try to bullshit me when I call them on bullshit or push them on an issue.

Ask Larry why, rather than talk about GO BIG in the context of a squeeker of a 50-49 straight-party line vote on the Relief package,  out of the blue he changed the  subject to a wholly unrelated one.  I suspect he didn't want to talk about the obvious flaws and weaknesses of his grasp on policy and politics.

But that's just a WAG.

and its not every issue-we probably agree on most of the issues.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 04:56:21 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2984 on: March 07, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »

The only argument is Banks has decided I am stupid and dishonest.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 2782