Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 2782

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 651967 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2955 on: March 07, 2021, 12:29:54 AM »

Another woman accuses Cuomo.
Who is next, the Rockettes?

Hell if that happened he’d have as many accusations as the twice impeached, twice losing the popular vote former president.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2956 on: March 07, 2021, 12:30:50 AM »

I should have changed my vote before the poll closed.

I got the first shot.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2957 on: March 07, 2021, 12:33:28 AM »

"And I pounded the table on that last June."

Last June you were busy screaming at me because I left "this week" in a pull quote about Kaepernick's protest.

I said America didn't listen to peaceful protest and now the protest is in the streets.

Re Kaepernick

I called you out for intentionally misleading this forum with a quote that was 4 years old that you tried to attribute to events of last summer.

You got caught in a lie.

And you knew it.

and now you are trying to change the subject.

LMAO

oh Larry, Larry, Larry

SSDD

Whatever support among NFL players that Kaepernick had had vanished when he and his representatives decided to move locations and hold the November 2019 workout on their own. After that action, only six teams sent scouts to watch. Can you blame them?

The message from Kamp Kaepernick was clear--he wanted to use the league for more media attention for his cause---playing football was secondary. No NFL team wanted to sign him up for that set of circumstances. And the players in the NFL locker-rooms who had supported him up to that point turned and walked away.

Kaepernick picked out his own cross and nailed himself to it.

For many, Kaepernick himself is a great disappointment.

The pig socks and Fidel Castro t-shirt didn't help either.

No one is talking about that.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2958 on: March 07, 2021, 01:14:21 AM »

I shouldn't watch late night tv under the influence...

Diners, Drive Ins and Dives has given me the munchies and makes me want to get food from
‘Look’s Marketplace’ in Sioux Falls, South Dakota!

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: March 07, 2021, 11:37:42 AM »

Last June you were busy screaming at me because I left "this week" in a pull quote about Kaepernick's protest.

I said America didn't listen to peaceful protest and now the protest is in the streets.

Re Kaepernick

I called you out for intentionally misleading this forum with a quote that was 4 years old that you tried to attribute to events of last summer.

You got caught in a lie.

And you knew it.

LMAO

oh Larry, Larry, Larry

SSDD

Yeah because everyone knows the NFL plays in June...

Larry you lied.

You tried to mislead this forum with a generic comment about protests that were made 4 years ago and youi mplied they were about the events of last summer.

And they weren't.

And you're continuing your disingenuous bullshit now.

Man up and accept you tried to bullshit this forum and was called out on it.

No Rudy. You're full of shit and you know it.

You're insisting I lied because you know you're wrong and you're being an ass.

You're fibbing again Larry.

I accused you of intentionally misleading this forum, by passing off an out of date (by 4 years) unrelated link and snippet of a quote re Kaep and protest) to the events of last summer. And once your subterfuge was called out, you then lied about it.

Rudy?

LMAO

Really?

Larry your defense to your lies  is name calling?

Oh, Larry, Larry, Larry!

SSDD

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 11:40:52 AM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 07, 2021, 12:07:21 PM »

I imagine the only way you’d support him is if he got you a tax cut.
LOL!
In New York?

Red makes fun of one of the states that supplies his with federal tax dollars.

Biting the hand that feeds his insatiable appetite for government assistance.

SAD.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 07, 2021, 12:09:23 PM »

Re Kaepernick

You got caught in a lie.

And you knew it.

LMAO

oh Larry, Larry, Larry

SSDD

Whatever support among NFL players that Kaepernick had had vanished when he and his representatives decided to move locations and hold the November 2019 workout on their own. After that action, only six teams sent scouts to watch. Can you blame them?

The message from Kamp Kaepernick was clear--he wanted to use the league for more media attention for his cause---playing football was secondary. No NFL team wanted to sign him up for that set of circumstances. And the players in the NFL locker-rooms who had supported him up to that point turned and walked away.

Kaepernick picked out his own cross and nailed himself to it.

For many, Kaepernick himself is a great disappointment.

The pig socks and Fidel Castro t-shirt didn't help either.

No one is talking about that.

We don't have to guess why you don't want to, as those facts conflict with the narrative you've constructed.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: March 07, 2021, 12:11:04 PM »

Larry your defense to your lies  is name calling?

Hey, give him some credit. He's toned down his rhetoric a lot.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 07, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »

Lawrence, I think this is what banks has been referencing, but I'm sure you both will correct me, if I am wrong.

Bankshot

Check yourself ,Bud.

I didn’t edit two words out of a quick cut and paste and you’ve spent the whole day twisting yourself into a pretzel because you can’t admit you called me on a mistake and I copped to it.

Everything else is bullshit and you know it.

I made a mistake by posting a cut and paste pull quote from an article illustrated by the subject of said quote.

Everyone with an inkling of the subject knows Kaepernick has been out of the league for three years but yeah, I tried to ‘pull a fast one’ by captioning the post in past tense just to be misleading.

BTW

Michael Sam should have taken the Oprah money.

I never said you edited anything.

What you did, when I challenged your post as potentially misleading, was admit your data posted as "current" was actually from 2016.

It portrayed a misleading narrative.

And all I did was call you out on it.

And you got defensive and then accused me of challenging you because of racism.

Which as we both know is bullshit.

Seems you choked on the pretzel of pride rather than simply admit your subterfuge.

Get over it.

I am.

Speaking of getting over it

If Sam wanted to achieve his dream of being a pro football player and having a pro career he should have thanked Oprah for her interest but turn her down and try out for the team like everyone else. No special camera crews and reporters interfering with the team or others players as they tried to make the Rams as they prepared for the season. He took some very bad advice, which he finally understood upon some reflection.

Its unfortunate that you remain short-sighted as to what's really important.

pleasure as always trying to set you straight my black brother.

Dude, I forgot to edit “this week” from the quote. When you pointed out how you took it I said it was from 2016.

What does all the rest of this shit mean?

I captioned the original post with you HAD your chances. Protest peacefully it’s shut up and dribble... and here we are. That was my intent and with the exception of an admitted mistake those were my actions.

You taking it way around the bend. You tend to do that.

You still think America loved King as much as you?

Where the fuck is Michael Sam? Giving motivational speeches? Writing a book?

The bad advice he took was backing out of the deal with Oprah. He takes the deal and he is still making money and in today’s culture he is a fucking star.

He keeps his identity to himself he gets drafted in the mid rounds is a pass rushing beast and he make a squad, has a decent career comes out near the end and goes into Out type media and with his looks and demeanor he gets crossover work.

He comes out before the draft and there is no way in hell he makes a roster not then not ever.

He couldn’t work like everyone else because he wasn’t/isn’t like anyone else. NFL is about money.

As is Hollywood. Once he backed out of the deal he was done. “Whoa! You left OPRAH hanging? You have an agent? Fire him. You can’t pay a percentage of nothing, with nothing and that’s what you got, dig?”

No, Oprah didn’t blackball him he made himself poison, who would hire him and for what? Breaking a contract?

Do you still think America loved King as much as you and your family?

you always have to try and set me straight on shit that go beyond your frame of reference.

That’s some arrogant ass superiority thing,

All because I left in “this week” in a quote from an article that was obviously about peaceful protest being rejected.

You do you, Banksie.

Don’t ever change.

Knicks you started your post in  a week dominated about protests with "this week". A reasonable person would have read your post with no mention of Kap  and assume your poll #s dealt with current events.

And I politely asked if in this week of protests, whether your post and poll #s wasn't misleading.

You then posted the data was from 2016.

So de facto you acknowledged my observation was on target, and your post was misleading.

But then you made a 2nd mistake, rather than just own your mistake you decided to get defensive and accuse me of attacking you for some reason related to race.

And we both know that's bullshit.

I assumed you were man enough to own your mistake.

there was no malice, just an observation about a misleading post.

But you weren't man enough to man up and admit a mistake.

Son, I won't make that mistake again any time soon.

As for Sam, what you never seemed to grasp was there was no Oprah money for Sam.

the Rams told him to make a choice; try out for the team just like any other rookie or take a hike.

Show up with your cleats and no cameras no Oprah and give it your best shot to make the team and live your dream.

And Sam realized there was not going to be a reality TV show on Oprah dime on the Ram's time.

Oprah understood it too.

But you never got it. Then or now.

Whats sad is that year's after we had this discussion you want to re-argue it.

Here's a tip knicks, get over this too, at this point you're just looking obstinate, and frankly pretty fucking ignorant.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: March 07, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »

Well, old man, I will tell you news of your son: give me your blessing: truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's son may, but at the length truth will out.

Shakespeare had such a way with words, didn't he?

Heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 07, 2021, 12:24:02 PM »

Hell if that happened he’d have as many accusations as the twice impeached, twice losing the popular vote former president.

Difference is he's IN OFFICE
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: March 07, 2021, 12:24:58 PM »

Re Kaepernick

You got caught in a lie.

And you knew it.

LMAO

oh Larry, Larry, Larry

SSDD

Larry you lied.

You tried to mislead this forum with a generic comment about protests that were made 4 years ago and youi mplied they were about the events of last summer.

And they weren't.

Anyone else really enjoying this battle between Forum Dick 1 and Forum Dick 2?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: March 07, 2021, 12:34:31 PM »

Re Kaepernick

You got caught in a lie.

And you knew it.

LMAO

oh Larry, Larry, Larry

SSDD

Larry you lied.

And they weren't.

Anyone else really enjoying this battle between Forum Dick 1 and Forum Dick 2?

I don't know why Larry wanted to bring up an issue from last year, one in which, as Uno's reposts shows, my take was accurate and Larry was trying to mislead the forum. and when that failed he played the race card.

I suspect Larry is more comfortable being portrayed as "misleading" rather than wholly clueless on policy and politics and  his GO BIG wet dream narrative,

If he doesn't understand now the politics of 50-50, I'm not sure he ever will.

As to Dick 1 and Dick 2, I'll leave that for others to decide.

but there is little question who's Elba's village idiot for the past 14 years.

Congrats-kid.

you would wear the crown well, except it goes atop your head

I hope Vinny and Rocco weren't too rough on you.

Did that explain your recent absence?

get well soon.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: March 07, 2021, 02:27:50 PM »

Difference is he's IN OFFICE

Couldn't stay away.

LOL.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 07, 2021, 02:31:40 PM »

‘Habitual drunkenness’ is not a reason to deny someone like me U.S. citizenship | Opinion
Why is the fear of drunkenness or addiction a yardstick for immigration outcomes, when platitudes such as “addiction is a disease” allegedly recognize that these people aren't moral failures?

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/immigration-addiction-drugs-alcohol-stigma-naturalization-green-card-application-uscis-20201210.html

oboy!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 2782