Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 2778

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 650645 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3090 on: March 08, 2021, 11:29:01 AM »

Perhaps you should give up the idea that the black vote is Jesus to the Democratic Party's future. Try to think a little more, uh, multiculturally.

Without the black vote in this cycle Trump is the fucking president and the democracy we love would soon be dead.

Biden doesn't win the primary if Black voters don't save his ass.

Black voters swung the districts in MI, PA, WI and GA that got Joe th EC.

(Stop the steal!)

Black voters won two Senate races n GA.

GA GOP knows this because they're busy rewriting the rules they themselves wrote.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:37:09 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 08, 2021, 11:31:59 AM »

Senator Blunt makes it 5 down.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: March 08, 2021, 11:43:35 AM »

I think the Trumpists are OK with this.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: March 08, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »

I think one more will retire. But is there a Dem with the stature and fund raising power to take the MO seat?
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: March 08, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »

For those so interested in right or wrong and context

here are Larry's 1st few post re Kap and my response

America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

And this was my response

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on

I did not accuse him of anything more than being misleading and he knew exactly what I was talking about as he knew exactly what was misleading about his post

and Larry response to my concerns about his misleading post.

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

He admits grudgingly it was a 4 year old post but unless you read the old link and article he posted, the impresssion he tried to create by using a snippet from that article  was Americans in 2020 were against the 2020 protest marches. And they weren't. He posted data from 2016.

Larry knowingly bullshitted this forum and does not easily admit to his failings or mistakes.

But at no point in our early discussion did I call Larry a liar.

My response  to Larry in june 2020

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

I asked Larry to do better.

But Larry does the best he can, which unfortunately generally calls for trying to bullshit people.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:04:42 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3095 on: March 08, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »

McConnell and GOP again attempting to thwart democracy as the 79 year old contemplates not completing his term.

Yep.

Business as usual.

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/mcconnell-planning-an-escape-hatch-in-case-he-leaves-senate-before-term-expires-report-says/articleshow/81383692.cms
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3096 on: March 08, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »

I think one more will retire. But is there a Dem with the stature and fund raising power to take the MO seat?

After the way Josh Hawley has crewed over the nation?

Claire McCaskill would probably get support from John Danforth.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3097 on: March 08, 2021, 12:06:30 PM »

here are Larry's 1st few post re Kap and my response

And this was my response

Come on

I did not accuse him of anything more than being misleading and he knew exactly what I was talking about as he knew exactly what was misleading about his post

and Larry response to my concerns about his misleading post.

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

He admits grudgingly it was a 4 year old post but unless you read the old link and article he posted, the impresssion he tried to create by using a snippet from that article  was Americans in 2020 were against the 2020 protest marches. And they weren't. He posted data from 2016.

Larry knowingly bullshitted this forum and does not easily admit to his failings or mistakes.

My response  to Larry in june 2020

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

I asked Larry to do better.

But Larry does the best he can, which unfortunately generally calls for trying to bullshit people.

Im gonna stand by what I said.

America had her chances to listen to the voices of the oppressed. She didn't.

I copped to the mistake.
]

So at what point did you decide it was all a lie, Banks?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:09:47 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: March 08, 2021, 12:09:08 PM »

At this point, other than the participants, that is FUCKING NOBODY.

- William of Baskerville

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 08, 2021, 12:11:15 PM »

Larry I try to understand intent.

And I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But to paraphrase you, Larry you had your chances  to man-up own your subterfuge, but you chose to pass.

ACHTUNG LARRY!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 08, 2021, 12:13:48 PM »

I posted what was actually at the core of an argument, that took place 9 months ago, and for all intents and purposes over, BUT that for reasons unknown Larry insisted on relitigating.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3101 on: March 08, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »

But to paraphrase you, Larry you had your chances  to man-up own your subterfuge, but you chose to pass.

ACHTUNG LARRY!

Where was the LIE. Banks?

That is the bottom line of all of this bullshit.

You called me a liar now prove it.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 08, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »

Bout already called - in favor of DICK 1
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 08, 2021, 12:17:58 PM »

After the way Josh Hawley has crewed over the nation?

Claire McCaskill would probably get support from John Danforth.
But Hawley is not up until 2024. The only Repo I have seen express an interest is Christian Gray alleged bondage fetishist and worst hair stylist client ever Eric Greitens.

- William of Baskerville

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 08, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »

ACHTUNG LARRY!

Where was the LIE. Banks?

That is the bottom line of all of this bullshit.

You called me a liar now prove it.

the lie Larry was your knowingly and intentionally passing off 2016 poll data as data from 2020.

I didn't have to tell you then what was misleading, you knew exactly what as misleading and false about your post.

And that you still stand by your falsehood is not a sign of courage but your inability to man-up to your getting caught in a falsehood.

ACHTUNG LARRY!
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 2778