Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 2777

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 650481 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3105 on: March 08, 2021, 12:25:49 PM »

Lookingback...

Bank called Larry a bull shitter (I guess this doesnt mean liar)

Bank also accused Larry of playing the race card
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3106 on: March 08, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »

Senator Blunt makes it 5 down.
I think one more will retire. But is there a Dem with the stature and fund raising power to take the MO seat?

After the way Josh Hawley has crewed over the nation?

Claire McCaskill would probably get support from John Danforth.
But Hawley is not up until 2024. The only Repo I have seen express an interest is Christian Gray alleged bondage fetishist and worst hair stylist client ever Eric Greitens.

It will be the open seat, not Hawley’s
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3107 on: March 08, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3108 on: March 08, 2021, 01:00:08 PM »

If I’m Derek Chauvin’s defense team I’m waiving a jury and going with a bench trial.

This ain’t thirty years ago like the Rodney King besting video.

This cop slowly crushed the life out of the victim in broad daylight, on camera and didn’t give a fuck who saw.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: March 08, 2021, 01:10:58 PM »

Not that it matters but George didnt give a fuck either.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: March 08, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »

For those so interested in right or wrong and context
At this point, other than the participants, that is FUCKING NOBODY.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

barton

« Reply #3111 on: March 08, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »

If I’m Derek Chauvin’s defense team I’m waiving a jury and going with a bench trial.

This ain’t thirty years ago like the Rodney King besting video.

This cop slowly crushed the life out of the victim in broad daylight, on camera and didn’t give a fuck who saw.

I doubt you'd could find an impartial set of jurors in all of Minnesota, let alone Hennepin County.  Change of venue won't help, so yes, bench trial might be a smart choice. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3112 on: March 08, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »

Not that it matters but George didnt give a fuck either.

Yeah, that’s why he called for his dead mom.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 08, 2021, 03:31:21 PM »

I posted what was actually at the core of an argument, that took place 9 months ago, and for all intents and purposes over, BUT that for reasons unknown Larry insisted on relitigating.

You hinge your whole hissy fit on the mistaken proposition that BLM protests center entirely around George Floyd rather than on racist policing and government policy more broadly. That tiny warped lens may lend some internal coherence to your tantrum by making chronology central to your objection, but it has cost you accurate vision, perspective, and the ability to see the big picture.

People were in the streets in 2020 for exactly the same reason that Kaep and so many others took knees in 2016. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3116 on: March 08, 2021, 03:44:21 PM »

The last nail in the coffin of the legal challenges... The Kraken is dead.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/030821zor_8n59.pdf

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: March 08, 2021, 04:08:21 PM »

I posted what was actually at the core of an argument, that took place 9 months ago, and for all intents and purposes over, BUT that for reasons unknown Larry insisted on relitigating.

You hinge your whole hissy fit on the mistaken proposition that BLM protests center entirely around George Floyd rather than on racist policing and government policy more broadly. That tiny warped lens may lend some internal coherence to your tantrum by making chronology central to your objection, but it has cost you accurate vision, perspective, and the ability to see the big picture.

People were in the streets in 2020 for exactly the same reason that Kaep and so many others took knees in 2016.

Fac there was no hissy fit. I just dealt directly and honestly with Larry's intentional bullshit meant to mislead this forum.

And Fac my warped lens can keep several items in sharp and precise focus.

I focused specifically on the  achievable Dem goals in a 50-49 political world and I posted what they were and why they should be focused.

I'm still waiting for you to re-examine your shopping list of 15-20 big social issues that you wanted Biden to achieve ASAP.

But you might want to overlay your shopping list in a 50-49 world. And see what's doable or affordable without scaring the shit out of the voters.

I then focused specifically on the misleading bullshit when Larry decided to evade a topical discussion and revist and reopen and re-bullshit this forum about his intentionally misealding off-topic post.

And I posted his lies verbatim.

And he doubled down on them again today.

He stands by them!!

You want to believe them, that's fine with me.

I'm sure you think you see the big picture but its out of focus and blurred and has little bearing to reality.

perhaps you would be better off with a tighter focus, and a smaller f-stop to see more clearly.

And perhaps you should take your head out of your ass.

I imagine the lighting is pretty tough in there.

Say CHEESE!

LMAO.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:23:25 PM by bankshot1 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: March 08, 2021, 04:42:53 PM »

Anyone who ends their posts LMAO is an asshole.
Though there's far more evidence than just that.
Lordy.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: March 08, 2021, 04:46:52 PM »

You’ve ignored for weeks the list of policies that that poll above 60% favorable among voters. My policy preferences extend beyond the popular to the good, but I’m happy to pare back to the ones that are both good and currently wildly popular until we see the result of the next election.

A 51-50 Senate does not imply a 50-50 world or a 50-50 government.

In addition, republicans are not coherent or competent enough to promote any policies. Their zombie abomination ideas like closing borders, selling public lands, shielding corporations, and burying science while arming domestic abusers to the teeth are all getting less popular all the time, with few polling even at the 40% level.

Doing the wildly popular things while the GOP tears itself down, sets Democrats up to do vital and consequential things down the line in ways that will be very difficult to reverse.

You weren’t being misled by Larry. You were being well led, just not to somewhere you could bring yourself to go.

There are things we each cling to for no apparent reason, articles of faith. You have every right to kick and scream in defense of a mythical blameless whiteness or a 50-50 nation. For the sake of this conversation it is worth pointing out you don’t make a very good case for either and we already know how you feel.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 2777