Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764551 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3360 on: March 10, 2021, 04:31:29 PM »

Let's consider, too, that educators like some have mentioned here, who are in it for the "3 months vacation" are generally unprofessional in their ambitions. Sure, they are employed, and they may do an "adequate job", but they are generally not striving to be a true professional...

I'm going to GYTBOTD and figure you misunderstood what I posted on my schoolteacher daughter.   I didn't say she's "in it" for the summers off.   She values that time,  but is also quite professional, respected as an excellent teacher,  and far beyond "adequate."  Some of her summer pursuits include paid gigs in the field that she teaches, and heighten her professionalism. 

Hope that's sufficient clarification.

I will no doubt be sorry I asked, but huh?

GYTBOTD?

Get
Your
Tasty 
Bacon
On
Tuesday 
Dinner

Bart can i get it with lettuce tomato and mayo on rye?

maybe a few chips and a diet coke

thanks

I doubt that benefit is available. Lemonade?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 10, 2021, 04:43:26 PM »

damn

for some reason I can't see a BLT with a lemonade.

how about iced tea?

Finally figured out the initals.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:47:42 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 10, 2021, 04:53:49 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 10, 2021, 05:07:31 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxek3/the-far-right-is-fueling-secession-fantasies-across-the-us

They can all leave, just as soon as they relinquish all of their firearms.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 10, 2021, 05:17:17 PM »

COVID-19 has helped to point this out, but it is unclear that it has pointed it out sufficiently to the people who most need to be convinced.

And... despite my agreeing with this, the "education" "system" still needs to be overhauled to a frightening degree.

In nsw bambuland
"Assistant principals and head teachers, for example, earn a minimum of $121,273 and deputy principals earn a minimum of $141,594.
A principal of a large high school earns up to $181, 113 while an Executive Principal of a Connected Communities school earns a minimum of $200,134."

The taxation rates between the two countries are different, but it seems to me that teachers in the US are underpaid.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3366 on: March 10, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »

You just know the Democrats won't let the GOP get away with this bullshit on this trip...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2012/08/ryan-denies-taking-stimulus-then-admits-he-did.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 08:09:15 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 10, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »

Twenty-three percent of COVID-19 nursing home deaths were in four states–New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Michigan–where Democratic governors forced nursing homes to admit residents who had tested positive for COVID-19, according to the most recent data published on March 4 by the COVID Tracking Project.

The Main Street Media and Josh shrugged.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: March 10, 2021, 06:29:46 PM »

They were distracted by a frothy gibbering republican party raping the nation while singing their off key rendition of Deutschland Uber Alles.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3369 on: March 10, 2021, 06:42:39 PM »

Twenty-three percent of COVID-19 nursing home deaths were in four states–New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Michigan–where Democratic governors forced nursing homes to admit residents who had tested positive for COVID-19, according to the most recent data published on March 4 by the COVID Tracking Project.

"I always wanted to downplay it"

"It'll go away. like magic."

"Liberate Michigan!"

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3371 on: March 10, 2021, 06:53:58 PM »

Michael Beschloss a few moments ago on the tube - paraphrasing:

"Fifty years from now people will remember how Biden went big.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 10, 2021, 07:03:30 PM »

In 2020, about 100% of US covid-19 deaths (about 500,000 deaths) were in the 50 states presided over by a Republican President who in Fed 2020 told the US poulation of 15 people infected with the disease

“when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Trump was terribly wrong and terribly inept.

Red was silent.

barton

« Reply #3373 on: March 10, 2021, 07:58:39 PM »

Max Boot on Harris breaking the ultimate glass ceiling in a few years....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/09/kamala-harris-may-be-our-best-bet-prevent-return-trumpism/

Being a woman is no guarantee of competence, but my Council on Foreign Relations colleagues Rachel B. Vogelstein and Alexandra Bro, who compile its Women’s Power Index, point to research showing that female legislators and leaders are more likely to find common ground with adversaries, advance health and welfare legislation, and avoid violent conflict. “One study found,” they write, “that when women’s parliamentary representation increases by 5 percent, a country is almost five times less likely to respond to an international crisis with violence.”   

I'd be happy to see a more gender-balanced congress and executive branch deal with this absurd new ICBM project.   Missiles have long struck me as a particularly male fetish.   Time to nix more flying penises that ejaculate mass death.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3374 on: March 10, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »

Max Boot on Harris breaking the ultimate glass ceiling in a few years....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/09/kamala-harris-may-be-our-best-bet-prevent-return-trumpism/

Being a woman is no guarantee of competence, but my Council on Foreign Relations colleagues Rachel B. Vogelstein and Alexandra Bro, who compile its Women’s Power Index, point to research showing that female legislators and leaders are more likely to find common ground with adversaries, advance health and welfare legislation, and avoid violent conflict. “One study found,” they write, “that when women’s parliamentary representation increases by 5 percent, a country is almost five times less likely to respond to an international crisis with violence.”   

I'd be happy to see a more gender-balanced congress and executive branch deal with this absurd new ICBM project.   Missiles have long struck me as a particularly male fetish.   Time to nix more flying penises that ejaculate mass death.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 2929