Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764090 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3525 on: March 12, 2021, 11:33:15 AM »

I don't like the word "hate".  It's an ugly word, an ugly sentiment.  I used to come down on my kids for saying it.

I hated "Friends".

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: March 12, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »

In recent years,  I've had this rule burned into my brain:

The party in power never worries about the national debt.   

That said,  this seems like money well spent.
Fortunately, we have Red to remind of us of this when the "democrat party" is the party in power.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3527 on: March 12, 2021, 11:38:37 AM »

As an aside, and one you probably know, Joey Tribbiani was from "The Lake".

I had the pleasure of meeting Louis CK,  and our Newton connection came up.   He and "Joey" attended Newton North together,  as I'm sure you know.   Louis's family had been down in Mexico,  so Boston was kind of a major tectonic shift for him.

The school play that year was probably pretty good.

I didn't know that much of LCK's history until a few years ago.

The only actor I "knew" from Newton was James Remar, (Ganz in 48 hrs, Ajax in The Warriors, and generally other bad guys)  who was the younger brother of a girl I knew at NHS.

He's in the CW show "Black Lightning" playing a reformed government spook helping a family of super heroes.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3528 on: March 12, 2021, 11:48:30 AM »

The GOP has a Joe Biden problem so they're trying to paint him as senile... their problem is he's crushing it and the only way to beat him into inflict pain on the country.

So he is now "President Houseplant."

https://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/tucker-drags-the-troops?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo1Mzk4NzQsInBvc3RfaWQiOjMzNTg0OTk0LCJfIjoiRThrWUciLCJpYXQiOjE2MTU1NjcyODgsImV4cCI6MTYxNTU3MDg4OCwiaXNzIjoicHViLTg3MjcyIiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.e4gSdZpazteFh0kjV3YydcZxRQqXbUIWEauJkpifTc8
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: March 12, 2021, 11:50:05 AM »

"Joe was a nice combo of competence, compassion, caring and a shit-ton of cash."

With a big, bold vision of the future.

Yes he does Larry.

But to see that vision realized he understands he has to win elections in '22 and '24 and not scare the voters with either visions he may have nor visions others may have.

I think Joe, even with old eyes, can still focus on what's in front of him.

we'll see.

Yeah.

He is fundamentally transforming the nation.

How do you win midterms in 2022?

You put forth legislation the nation wants and no republican voted for.

Larry we are in the process now of finding out what the nation wants, I'd suggest and have suggested to you several times, the nation is not as monolithic nor as liberal as you seem to believe it is. IMO the US, from sea to shining sea and all the red states in the middle, is more moderate than the world you see.

IMO the nation wanted to get better from covid, stop hiding under the bed, get kids back in school, get back to work, maybe go out to eat once in awhile, watch the kids or grand kids play sports, have a BBQ or plan next Thanksgiving, In essence get back to normal ASAP. And IMO thats where we are getting to now, and will be IMO for awhile.

I don't know if Joe has transformed anything yet. But he delivered compassion, caring and cash to a nation that needs help and from a government that gives a shit about the people.

Joe IMO has won the first battle in the battle of hearts and minds and wallets,

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't. 

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that.

YMMV

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: March 12, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »

"Joe was a nice combo of competence, compassion, caring and a shit-ton of cash."

Yes he does Larry.

But to see that vision realized he understands he has to win elections in '22 and '24 and not scare the voters with either visions he may have nor visions others may have.

we'll see.

Yeah.

Larry we are in the process now of finding out what the nation wants, I'd suggest and have suggested to you several times, the nation is not as monolithic nor as liberal as you seem to believe it is. IMO the US, from sea to shining sea and all the red states in the middle, is more moderate than the world you see.

Well, you live outside the Beltway, so there's that.

IMO the nation wanted to get better from covid, stop hiding under the bed, get kids back in school, get back to work, maybe go out to eat once in awhile, watch the kids or grand kids play sports, have a BBQ or plan next Thanksgiving, In essence get back to normal ASAP. And IMO thats where we are getting to now, and will be IMO for awhile.

Yes, most Americans don't describe themselves as political gadflies.

I don't know if Joe has transformed anything yet. But he delivered compassion, caring and cash to a nation that needs help and from a government that gives a shit about the people.

Compassions sells, these days, and you don't need a lot of it to do well, since the ready contrast with the heartless and selfish remains close by.

Joe IMO has won the first battle in the battle of hearts and minds and wallets, YEP!

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't.  But Polls of Republicans show they are listening to him.

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that. "All in good time, my little pretty. All in good time..."

YMMV

Crushed it, banks.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: March 12, 2021, 02:35:43 PM »

Sen. Marco Rubio: Amazon should face unionization drive without Republican support

Amazon is waging a culture war against working-class values and is not helping workers or our economy.

Marco Rubio Opinion contributor

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/12/amazon-union-not-helping-working-class-economy-column/6947823002/

------------------

I like Rubio, and I still think that he might make a great future President.

Rubio supports unions and fair pay and good treatment for workers, and Rubio supports the workers at Amazon and their right to unionize.

Bezos has become the wealthiest man in the world and he is a scumbag who does not want to pay his workers fair, so Amazon needs to unionize so that the workers can get fair pay and good treatment.

We all need to be able to benefit from Business, the workers need to benefit right along with the CEOs. If you are honest, and if you work hard, then you need to be able to have a good life. Honest workers need to be able to buy homes, and raise families.

The USA has a great Middle Class because of unions. I have always supported unions, and I support unions now.

Good for Marco Rubio for siding with the workers and with unions, Marco is on the right side.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3532 on: March 12, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »

Yes he does Larry.

we'll see.

Yeah.

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't. 

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that.

YMMV

Monolithic and liberal?

Yeah.

That’s exactly what I think.

Go back to sleep and snuggle up with my June Pipe Dream

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3533 on: March 12, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »

Yes he does Larry.

we'll see.

Yeah.

YMMV

You may want to examine the particulars of this ARP.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3534 on: March 12, 2021, 02:45:14 PM »

Yes he does Larry.

we'll see.

Yeah.

Well, you live outside the Beltway, so there's that.

Yes, most Americans don't describe themselves as political gadflies.

Compassions sells, these days, and you don't need a lot of it to do well, since the ready contrast with the heartless and selfish remains close by.

Joe IMO has won the first battle in the battle of hearts and minds and wallets, YEP!

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't.  But Polls of Republicans show they are listening to him.

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that. "All in good time, my little pretty. All in good time..."

YMMV

Crushed it, banks.

Since you always claim to know my work history why don’t you share it with the forum?

Now sit!

Roll over!

Good boy.

Banks, give him a doggie biscuit.

Or does Polly wanna cracker?

I gues I should ‘laugh my ass off ,’right?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3535 on: March 12, 2021, 02:46:56 PM »

Sen. Marco Rubio: Amazon should face unionization drive without Republican support

Amazon is waging a culture war against working-class values and is not helping workers or our economy.

Marco Rubio Opinion contributor

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/12/amazon-union-not-helping-working-class-economy-column/6947823002/

------------------

I like Rubio, and I still think that he might make a great future President.

Rubio supports unions and fair pay and good treatment for workers, and Rubio supports the workers at Amazon and their right to unionize.

Bezos has become the wealthiest man in the world and he is a scumbag who does not want to pay his workers fair, so Amazon needs to unionize so that the workers can get fair pay and good treatment.

We all need to be able to benefit from Business, the workers need to benefit right along with the CEOs. If you are honest, and if you work hard, then you need to be able to have a good life. Honest workers need to be able to buy homes, and raise families.

The USA has a great Middle Class because of unions. I have always supported unions, and I support unions now.

Good for Marco Rubio for siding with the workers and with unions, Marco is on the right side.

Salute,

Tony V.

Little Marco sways in the wind.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3536 on: March 12, 2021, 02:52:58 PM »

Hell, the Police are gonna Defund the Municipalities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/12/us/george-floyd-minneapolis-settlement.html

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #3537 on: March 12, 2021, 03:16:21 PM »

As an aside, and one you probably know, Joey Tribbiani was from "The Lake".

I had the pleasure of meeting Louis CK,  and our Newton connection came up.   He and "Joey" attended Newton North together,  as I'm sure you know.   Louis's family had been down in Mexico,  so Boston was kind of a major tectonic shift for him.

The school play that year was probably pretty good.

I didn't know that much of LCK's history until a few years ago.

The only actor I "knew" from Newton was James Remar, (Ganz in 48 hrs, Ajax in The Warriors, and generally other bad guys)  who was the younger brother of a girl I knew at NHS.

He's in the CW show "Black Lightning" playing a reformed government spook helping a family of super heroes.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/2016/10/23/newton-celebrities/

It's ridiculous how many actors are from Newton.  Remar was also the father of "Dexter."   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 12, 2021, 03:17:51 PM »

Rubio has all the talent and integrity to be Jerry Falwell’s next pool boy.

That puts him two or three steps higher in the evolutionary ladder than tucker carlson who’s talent and integrity has led him to selling his ass on the street,

http://mobile.twitter.com/votevets/status/1370160779123642374?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1370160779123642374%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffpost.com%2Fentry%2Fvotevets-tucker-carlson-fox-news-video_n_604b2230c5b672fce4ebb5cf
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: March 12, 2021, 03:44:11 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/11/biden-new-covid-workplace-rules-475473

Good government making America a little greater every day.

Republicans can’t, but Democrats deliver.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 2929