Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763818 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3615 on: March 13, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »

I don’t think you’re a racist, Uno.  You’re just a garden-variety bully.

I think he's a racist, too.

Of course you do. That's the uber-liberal college prof default setting at work.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: March 13, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »

The default setting on the uberlibs is to immediately accuse anyone whose opinion they disgree or fail to fully comprehend as being a racist.

Those who preach tolerance are the most intolerant.

Sad.

You still havent answered why the millions given to Floyd's family has angered you.

Tell me what they did to be paid. Tell me about how great a family they've been, and what an attribute to society George was. The dude was convicted of eight crimes. He served four years in prison after accepting a plea bargain for a 2007 aggravated robbery in a home invasion.  According to investigators, Floyd had entered an apartment by impersonating a water department worker and barging in, and he pointed a pistol at a woman. He was a drug addict who couldn't keep a job. In May 2019, Floyd was detained by Minneapolis police when an unlicensed car he was a passenger in was pulled over in a traffic stop. Floyd was found with a bottle of pain pills. Officers handcuffed Floyd and took him to the city's third police precinct station. Floyd told police he did not sell the pills and that they were related to his own addiction. When Floyd appeared agitated, officers encouraged him to relax and helped calm him down, and they later called an ambulance as they grew worried about his condition. No charges were filed in connection with the incident.

Source wikipedia.

So, this dude had a history of drug addiction, crime, and agitated interactions with police. He was no fucking saint. He did not deserve to die.

But they've named a street after this fine upstanding citizen who somehow just couldn't catch a break because of the police, right? Except he got into college and was playing basketball and had a chance to make something of himself---but he washed out there, too.

The Floyd family started a GoFund Me "to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for all court proceedings, and to assist the family" some of it designated for "the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children, and their education." That fund raised over $13 million for the 5 kids, and 2 grandchildren (no spouses).

Fine, no issues with that, people are free to donate what they wish based on whatever they think.

But tell me what his family did to deserve $27 million? The dude was a fucking failure at life, and that doesn't mean he should be killed for being so, but he certainly wasn't any kind of hero, anymore than Eric Garner was in NYC, and the family has just found a way to monetize the dude's death. 

This ain't Emmet Till. 

The whole thing stinks.

Chauvin stinks. The 3 loons who let Chauvin do his deed stink. Floyd stinks. The city of Minneapolis stinks. The Floyd family stinks.

It's just disgusting.

Hell, Bernie Goetz should get a statue, if you want to go around calling idiots who fuck up in the streets heroes.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: March 13, 2021, 05:05:35 PM »

Rest in Power

Breonna Taylor

Defund the Police

BOOO!

Now all the moderate Democrats and Independents will vote Republican because we need the police to Protect and Serve white people while Containing and Controlling communities of color.

So, it is your contention that the police only protect and serve white people?

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/3/13/2020934/-A-year-after-Breonna-Taylor-s-death-at-the-hands-of-Louisville-police-the-world-still-says-her-name

Any insurrectionists shot in their beds in a no knock raid yet?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: March 13, 2021, 05:14:35 PM »

Rest in Power

Breonna Taylor

Defund the Police

BOOO!

Now all the moderate Democrats and Independents will vote Republican because we need the police to Protect and Serve white people while Containing and Controlling communities of color.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/3/13/2020934/-A-year-after-Breonna-Taylor-s-death-at-the-hands-of-Louisville-police-the-world-still-says-her-name

Any insurrectionists shot in their beds in a no knock raid yet?

Try to stay on topic when you butt in.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: March 13, 2021, 05:33:54 PM »

I don’t think you’re a racist, Uno.  You’re just a garden-variety bully.

I think he's a racist, too.

Of course you do. That's the uber-liberal college prof default setting at work.
No, all it takes is an examination of your posts to see you for the racist you are.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3620 on: March 13, 2021, 05:48:51 PM »

Rest in Power

Breonna Taylor

Defund the Police

BOOO!

yeah. That's exactly what I meant (eye roll emoji!)
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #3621 on: March 13, 2021, 05:49:40 PM »

Funny,  I missed the outraged posts here over Justine Damond's wrongful death settlement with the city of Minneapolis, 20 milllion dollars.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3622 on: March 13, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »

The default setting on the uberlibs is to immediately accuse anyone whose opinion they disgree or fail to fully comprehend as being a racist.

Those who preach tolerance are the most intolerant.

Sad.

You still havent answered why the millions given to Floyd's family has angered you.

Tell me what they did to be paid. Tell me about how great a family they've been, and what an attribute to society George was. The dude was convicted of eight crimes. He served four years in prison after accepting a plea bargain for a 2007 aggravated robbery in a home invasion.  According to investigators, Floyd had entered an apartment by impersonating a water department worker and barging in, and he pointed a pistol at a woman. He was a drug addict who couldn't keep a job. In May 2019, Floyd was detained by Minneapolis police when an unlicensed car he was a passenger in was pulled over in a traffic stop. Floyd was found with a bottle of pain pills. Officers handcuffed Floyd and took him to the city's third police precinct station. Floyd told police he did not sell the pills and that they were related to his own addiction. When Floyd appeared agitated, officers encouraged him to relax and helped calm him down, and they later called an ambulance as they grew worried about his condition. No charges were filed in connection with the incident.

Source wikipedia.

So, this dude had a history of drug addiction, crime, and agitated interactions with police. He was no fucking saint. He did not deserve to die.

But they've named a street after this fine upstanding citizen who somehow just couldn't catch a break because of the police, right? Except he got into college and was playing basketball and had a chance to make something of himself---but he washed out there, too.

The Floyd family started a GoFund Me "to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for all court proceedings, and to assist the family" some of it designated for "the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children, and their education." That fund raised over $13 million for the 5 kids, and 2 grandchildren (no spouses).

Fine, no issues with that, people are free to donate what they wish based on whatever they think.

But tell me what his family did to deserve $27 million? The dude was a fucking failure at life, and that doesn't mean he should be killed for being so, but he certainly wasn't any kind of hero, anymore than Eric Garner was in NYC, and the family has just found a way to monetize the dude's death. 

This ain't Emmet Till. 

The whole thing stinks.

Chauvin stinks. The 3 loons who let Chauvin do his deed stink. Floyd stinks. The city of Minneapolis stinks. The Floyd family stinks.

It's just disgusting.

Hell, Bernie Goetz should get a statue, if you want to go around calling idiots who fuck up in the streets heroes.

Now that shit is deep.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: March 13, 2021, 06:14:05 PM »

The Cancel Culture leftists won’t let up on Andrew Cuomo.
Piling on each day the #metoo fanatics seek his hide through resignation even though there is not one investigated charge against him.
His real sin for this crowd is he is not “ progressive” enough.
And by this misguided approach these leftist loonies ignore the real reason he should be impeached.
His mishandling of COVId treatment of seniors in rest homes was not, of itself, a damnable decision.
Many other Governors and health officials never saw the forest for the trees as the novel COVId
befuddled most reactions.
It’s the cover-up engineered by Cuomo and his administration that is a real impeachable behavior.
But the progressives want him out now.
But.
How come after 7 years in office the  sexual  misconduct  allegations against Cuomo only surfaced  AFTER the coverup  was exposed? 
It is a familiar pattern for the left
(See Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, and  Ralph Northam for just a few)
Cuomo may deserve to be impeached but not without some concrete evidence of wrongdoing.
Otherwise elections mean nothing.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 06:16:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: March 13, 2021, 06:30:26 PM »

How many people believe Red wrote that himself?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: March 13, 2021, 06:36:10 PM »

Rest in Power

Breonna Taylor

Defund the Police

BOOO!

yeah. That's exactly what I meant (eye roll emoji!)

It's what you wrote.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3626 on: March 13, 2021, 06:40:22 PM »

How many people believe Red wrote that himself?

Red’s a contract spammer who regurgitates the daily talking points emails.

Because the GOP wants to drag #MeToo all is forgiven over the nursing home fatalities firvwhich they wanted his head month ago.

Problem is Cuomo is a dick and has been for awhile.

Staffers at HUD loathed and feared him because he is a bullying bastard.

He’s toast.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: March 13, 2021, 06:41:25 PM »

The Cancel Culture leftists won’t let up on Andrew Cuomo.

Please clarify if you love Cuomo, hate Cuomo, or just want to hate fuck Cuomo.

It’s hard to get any plain sense out of a delusional right winger these days.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3628 on: March 13, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »

Funny,  I missed the outraged posts here over Justine Damond's wrongful death settlement with the city of Minneapolis, 20 milllion dollars.

The cop who killed her is doing a stretch...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: March 13, 2021, 06:49:03 PM »

The police serve and protect white people differently than they serve and protect people of color and it has to stop. The differences amount to protecting and coddling white criminals while endangering if not outright murdering innocent people of color. This is in no way acceptable to anyone who takes the responsibility of being an American seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 2929