Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763712 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3661 on: March 14, 2021, 04:49:01 AM »

Thanks Larry. That was very well stated.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 14, 2021, 09:17:45 AM »

And the videos show us nothing to suggest that George Floyd was an extreme case.

I specifically directed you to the Carlson segment that had the ENTIRETY of audio/video from the incident.  What had been shown by networks previously did not tell the entire tale.

As I said at the time, some of you would not bother watching it - and some would watch but then ignore.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 14, 2021, 09:24:27 AM »

Why are you trying find a wat convince yourself Floyd deserved to die in such a way? If he deserved to be murdered?

What happens is not always what is deserved.  And often your own actions are contributory.

Car accident deaths come to mind.

No.  Of course Floyd didn't deserve to be murdered.  Hospitalized - sure.  Incarcerated?  Quite possibly.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 14, 2021, 09:46:25 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/03/13/ron-johnson-capitol-riot-blm-antifa-comments-nr-whitfield-cohen-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Ron Johnson keeps saying the Trump supporters were peaceful, law-abiding citizens.

He'd fit in right here with Kid and Ward.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 14, 2021, 09:47:45 AM »

Why are you trying find a wat convince yourself Floyd deserved to die in such a way? If he deserved to be murdered?

What happens is not always what is deserved.  And often your own actions are contributory.

Car accident deaths come to mind.

No.  Of course Floyd didn't deserve to be murdered.  Hospitalized - sure.  Incarcerated?  Quite possibly.

So, you are saying that whether or not he deserved to be incarcerated, he deserved to be hospitalized for his infractions?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 14, 2021, 09:52:13 AM »

Ron Johnson keeps saying the Trump supporters were peaceful, law-abiding citizens.

Marshall Cohen (at 1:15):  "He's just wrong"

Johnson is talking about his own feelings.  How could he be said to be wrong?

Had Trump won it would have been worse.  I said so all along.  And I agree with that part of Johnson's statement.  Cities simply would have burned.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 14, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »

So, you are saying that whether or not he deserved to be incarcerated, he deserved to be hospitalized for his infractions?

For his well being and the well being of others.

I cannot see how you would disagree.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 14, 2021, 09:57:41 AM »

I do like FRED - but could it be that was another craftily edited CNN piece?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 14, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »

I’m ready for the current NYLG to spur the Empire State Renaissance once she ascends to the seat Cuomo is about to vacate.

More than 60% of the people police encounter are white and among those the ones displaying peak entitlement and depravity, forcing police to shoot, are the whitest so the under half number seems sufficiently low to do something about. Until we get to the point where police aren’t shooting anybody it is still worthwhile to take steps to bring down police shootings of people of color.

Now, this is racist: "among those the ones displaying peak entitlement and depravity, forcing police to shoot, are the whitest"...

I posted a fact. You created a narrative.

No wonder you can't debate.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 14, 2021, 10:19:37 AM »

Be a shame there are ‘many’ other people who were tortured and murdered by police...

I think George kilt his'self, sadly.

He forced Chauvin to kneel on his neck!

That you think that, Kid, is just one more piece of evidence in a question long since answered:

Are you a racist?

Beyond a reasonable doubt.

Default setting activated.

If only you were half as honest as you are mock-virtuous.

No, my honesty is what gets me in trouble.

People don't like it when you say the truth.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 14, 2021, 10:28:57 AM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 14, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 14, 2021, 10:39:05 AM »

barton

« Reply #3674 on: March 14, 2021, 11:05:23 AM »

And the videos show us nothing to suggest that George Floyd was an extreme case.

I specifically directed you to the Carlson segment that had the ENTIRETY of audio/video from the incident.  What had been shown by networks previously did not tell the entire tale.

As I said at the time, some of you would not bother watching it - and some would watch but then ignore.

I watched it.   Some facts,  regarding his blood level of  fentanyl, and that his respiratory problems were happening before his restraint,  are relevant and will be scrutinized at trial I'm sure.   It is possible that he was dying,  that officers didn't grasp this,  and that excessive force (though appearing callous) was not the primary COD. 

Pitted against that will be questions about that use of force (which is inarguably brutal) and why Chauvin et al were not able to make the logical leap from a man who is clearly high and having breathing trouble to him having cardiopulmonary problems that needed prompt medical attention. 

I will reserve judgment until those questions are answered.   But no lawyer worth anything would fail to ask this,  Kid:  If suspect was in distress,  and said he had trouble breathing,  why was medical assistance not brought ASAP?  why was suspect put in a restraint that specifically chokes off his ability to take full breaths?   For nearly nine minutes?    

FWiW, I think it's reprehensible to riot and burn and vandalize as a means of protest.   Innocent people are hurt.  And I think people need to wait for courts of law to do their fact-finding.   I just hope that court does a competent job.   Unswayed by any public opinion.   Period.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 2929