Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763549 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3690 on: March 14, 2021, 12:33:57 PM »

How many people believe Red wrote that himself?
For me the funniest thing is how fast Red went from "the liberal left is ignoring the sexual harassment scandal surrounding Cuomo" to "the liberal left is focusing on the sexual harassment scandal surrounding Cuomo to cancel him because he is not liberal enough". It would be dizzying were it not entirely predictable.

And by "Red", yes, I mean the right wing web sites Red pulls his stuff from verbatim.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3691 on: March 14, 2021, 12:35:14 PM »

For me the funniest thing is how fast Red went from "the liberal left is ignoring the sexual harassment scandal surrounding Cuomo" to "the liberal left is focusing on the sexual harassment scandal surrounding Cuomo to cancel him because he is not liberal enough". It would be dizzying were it not entirely predictable.

And by "Red", yes, I mean the right wing web sites Red pulls his stuff from verbatim.

Exactly.

RED is a spammer.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: March 14, 2021, 12:39:55 PM »

Be a shame there are ‘many’ other people who were tortured and murdered by police...

I think George kilt his'self, sadly.

He forced Chauvin to kneel on his neck!

That you think that, Kid, is just one more piece of evidence in a question long since answered:

Are you a racist?

Beyond a reasonable doubt.

Default setting activated.

If only you were half as honest as you are mock-virtuous.

No, my honesty is what gets me in trouble.

People don't like it when you say the truth.
Your self-delusional moral glorification is unearned you racist.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: March 14, 2021, 12:46:45 PM »

I just hope that court does a competent job.   Unswayed by any public opinion.   Period.

Me, too.

And if the outcome is not what most people think it should be, I hope people consider that the system works without any guarantees as to anticipated outcomes.

See: O.J. Simpson, double murder trial.
"I respond to the issue of how African Americans would react to an acquittal in an issue involving systemic police brutality and lack of accountability by pointing to one time a black man was acquitted for killing white people in a domestic situation with nothing even remotely approach those underlying issues but I am not a racist. It is not at all racist to imply white people calmy react when those black people get angry!"
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3694 on: March 14, 2021, 12:50:09 PM »

Washington Post carry water for the GOP.

The GOP argument sounds familiar.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1370910850349998080.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: March 14, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »

I would call Red the empty calories in Elba.

But there is no content, no protein, no carbs, no fat

nothing of sustenance

know (sic) nothing.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: March 14, 2021, 01:01:56 PM »

In other words, should Chauvin (and his backu) not have restrained George Floyd at all?

Not the question and you know it.

You wont answer it?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3697 on: March 14, 2021, 01:03:13 PM »

To Protect and Serve who?

Local police officers have appeared at times to side with the Proud Boys, especially when they have squared off against leftists openly critical of law enforcement. Some local officials have complained that without guidance from federal agencies, their police departments were ill equipped to understand the dangers of a national movement like the group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/14/us/proud-boys-law-enforcement.html

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: March 14, 2021, 01:05:37 PM »

Your post had nothing to do with the point I made.
Not even close.
You made up words to fit your biases.
But then you do that a lot.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: March 14, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »

I just hope that court does a competent job.   Unswayed by any public opinion.   Period.

Me, too.

And if the outcome is not what most people think it should be, I hope people consider that the system works without any guarantees as to anticipated outcomes.

OJ wasn’t a black defendant.

OJ was the equivalent of a rich, white man.

If the cops had treated him as such and waited for a warrant he would have gotten life if not a needle.

Miss the point much? I didn't mention race in my comment. That's on you, because you filter every comment here through your unique racial lens.

My point is simply that everyone gets their day in court, and that high profile cases (like Oj's and Chavin's) carry with them expected outcomes for most of the public. If Chauvin were to be found not guilty, it will prove to be for many folks exactly as the OJ trial turned out---seemingly unjustifiable. But time and circumstance will dictate such.

Just be prepared.

That's on you, because you filter every comment here through your unique racial lens.

Dude. Unique?

I’m not white.

And I'm not a dude. But you are clearly as biased as anyone here. Try to be honest, at least, Larry.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: March 14, 2021, 01:13:49 PM »

Be a shame there are ‘many’ other people who were tortured and murdered by police...

I think George kilt his'self, sadly.

He forced Chauvin to kneel on his neck!

That you think that, Kid, is just one more piece of evidence in a question long since answered:

Are you a racist?

Beyond a reasonable doubt.

Default setting activated.

If only you were half as honest as you are mock-virtuous.

No, my honesty is what gets me in trouble.

People don't like it when you say the truth.
Your self-delusional moral glorification is unearned you racist.

So says the self-delusional moralist who labels everyone he disagrees with, or cannot comprehend, a "racist", and who also did not learn punctuation while at his low-ranked state school in Meatchicken.

Just being honest, Little Stevie Blunder.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3701 on: March 14, 2021, 01:16:18 PM »

Me, too.

OJ wasn’t a black defendant.

OJ was the equivalent of a rich, white man.

If the cops had treated him as such and waited for a warrant he would have gotten life if not a needle.

Miss the point much? I didn't mention race in my comment. That's on you, because you filter every comment here through your unique racial lens.

My point is simply that everyone gets their day in court, and that high profile cases (like Oj's and Chavin's) carry with them expected outcomes for most of the public. If Chauvin were to be found not guilty, it will prove to be for many folks exactly as the OJ trial turned out---seemingly unjustifiable. But time and circumstance will dictate such.

Just be prepared.

That's on you, because you filter every comment here through your unique racial lens.

Dude. Unique?

I’m not white.

And I'm not a dude. But you are clearly as biased as anyone here. Try to be honest, at least, Larry.

Bruh...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: March 14, 2021, 01:17:42 PM »

Me, too.

"I respond to the issue of how African Americans would react to an acquittal in an issue involving systemic police brutality and lack of accountability by pointing to one time a black man was acquitted for killing white people in a domestic situation with nothing even remotely approach those underlying issues but I am not a racist. It is not at all racist to imply white people calmy react when those black people get angry!"

I'll bet you think you made a point, there, Little Stevie Blunder. BTW, are you familiar with commas and their placement? Without them, you may not have said what you may think you've said.

Try not to misread everything. It's a by-product of wearing those Uber-Lib Goggles you have on. Kills perspective, you know.

Twit.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: March 14, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »

In other words, should Chauvin (and his backu) not have restrained George Floyd at all?

Not the question and you know it.

You wont answer it?

Josh lives in Dodge City.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: March 14, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 2929