Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763728 times)

Oi!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3720 on: March 14, 2021, 05:11:47 PM »

Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense...   

The Chauvin trial might come down to his state of mind when he restrained Floyd.   My guess is prosecution won't have a hard time showing that sitting on a neck nine minutes, in this incident,  reflected the desire to be mean and inflict some harm.   When a large strong law enforcement officer indulges that desire,  it can be deadly.  It can become murder.   

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: March 14, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »

And I'm not a dude.

Wait...what?

I'm an adult man. A dude is a less than fully formed frontal cortex fop who uses terms like...well, "dude".

Technically your title is “putz” or “fuck up” if you want to be extra formal.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: March 14, 2021, 05:29:08 PM »

And I'm not a dude.

Wait...what?

I'm an adult man. A dude is a less than fully formed frontal cortex fop who uses terms like...well, "dude".

You really try hard to be relevant, and yet, you are anything but so.

You may now return to anticipating your next failure.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3723 on: March 14, 2021, 05:39:49 PM »

And I'm not a dude.

Wait...what?

Everyone is a failure except for you, right?

Dude, go get help.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: March 14, 2021, 05:41:31 PM »

Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense...   

I mostly blame Jeff Bridges.

That DUDE abides.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: March 14, 2021, 06:04:24 PM »

Biden has decisions to make that will decide the future of the world.
Whether or not almost every country in the world is China.

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2020/08/18/2003741856]

US must deter a Chinese invasion
By Kenneth Wang 王克雄

Amid increasing tensions between China and the US, Beijing has vented its anger at Taiwan and increased its coercive and aggressive military threats toward the nation.

Chinese President Xi Jinping (習近平), who is also the general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), has made up his mind to conquer Taiwan in the near future. The question is not if, but when he will take action against Taiwan.

The US has not expressed clearly that it will defend Taiwan against Chinese attacks.

In May, Qiao Liang (喬良), a retired Chinese air force general, said that although he did not agree that Taiwan should be invaded now, China had determined that if it invaded Taiwan, the US would not intervene directly through military means, but would join with other countries to conduct an economic embargo on China.

Russia’s invasion of Crimea in March 2014 was not stopped by the military forces of the US or other Western countries. Their economic embargo on Russia was not effective, and was abandoned after a few years. Such examples would certainly encourage China to invade Taiwan.

Taiwan is on the front line facing China to protect the free world and is at the midpoint of the first island chain. Although it has strong defenses, it would require the aid of the US military in the event of a Chinese invasion.

If the US did not come to Taiwan’s aid, other Asian countries could not trust the US anymore and could easily surrender to China.

Chinese strategists have already said that after taking over Taiwan, they could conduct naval and aerial blockades to suffocate Japan and use Taiwan’s military bases to threaten Japan and the US.

#####

And Australia, basically totally defenceless, would simply have to do what France did after Hitler's attack, and surrender to China.
Yes, the folly of Australia's going around signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties instead of arming itself with nukes long ago.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:09:33 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3726 on: March 14, 2021, 06:15:46 PM »

Biden has decisions to make that will decide the future of the world.
Whether or not almost every country in the world is China.

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2020/08/18/2003741856]

US must deter a Chinese invasion
By Kenneth Wang 王克雄

Amid increasing tensions between China and the US, Beijing has vented its anger at Taiwan and increased its coercive and aggressive military threats toward the nation.

Chinese President Xi Jinping (習近平), who is also the general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), has made up his mind to conquer Taiwan in the near future. The question is not if, but when he will take action against Taiwan.

The US has not expressed clearly that it will defend Taiwan against Chinese attacks.

In May, Qiao Liang (喬良), a retired Chinese air force general, said that although he did not agree that Taiwan should be invaded now, China had determined that if it invaded Taiwan, the US would not intervene directly through military means, but would join with other countries to conduct an economic embargo on China.

Russia’s invasion of Crimea in March 2014 was not stopped by the military forces of the US or other Western countries. Their economic embargo on Russia was not effective, and was abandoned after a few years. Such examples would certainly encourage China to invade Taiwan.

Taiwan is on the front line facing China to protect the free world and is at the midpoint of the first island chain. Although it has strong defenses, it would require the aid of the US military in the event of a Chinese invasion.

If the US did not come to Taiwan’s aid, other Asian countries could not trust the US anymore and could easily surrender to China.

Chinese strategists have already said that after taking over Taiwan, they could conduct naval and aerial blockades to suffocate Japan and use Taiwan’s military bases to threaten Japan and the US.

#####

And Australia, basically totally defenceless, would simply have to do what France did after Hitler's attack, and surrender to China.
Yes, the folly of Australia's going around signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties instead of arming itself with nukes long ago.

"I just wanted to eat my sushi..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56342253
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: March 14, 2021, 06:21:52 PM »

The buck stops with Joe...the election party is over, here comes the war.
China intends to invade and take Taiwan...it has made it quite clear.

Biden needs to issue a clear and precise statement of what he will be doing about China, Taiwan, Asia Pacific.
Doesn't want to save Taiwan and Asia-Pacific from China?...fair enough, just say so, let us know, and Asia Pacific will just have to do its best...get what nukes it can, run its own economic boycotts of China, hate China and all its supporters to the max, and try to survive somehow.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:25:54 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3728 on: March 14, 2021, 06:27:06 PM »

Biden needs to issue a clear and precise statement of what he will be doing about China, Taiwan, Asia Pacific.
Doesn't want to save Taiwan and Asia-Pacific from China?...fair enough, just say so, let us know, and Asia Pacific will just have to do its best...get what nukes it can, run its own economic boycotts of China, hate China and all its supporters to the max, and try to survive somehow.

Theres a red under my bed
And theres a little green man in my head
And he said, you're not going crazy, you're just a bit sad
'Cause there's a man in ya, gnawing ya, tearing ya into two...

And it goes like this!

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: March 14, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »

"I just wanted to eat my sushi..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56342253

What can happen when anger takes over.
Many people don't like "The cops" much, but you cannot do that, that's so outrageous as to be totally indefensible.
He will be severely punished.

One bad apple does not a box of bad apples make.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: March 14, 2021, 06:35:46 PM »

Theres a red under my bed
And theres a little green man in my head
And he said, you're not going crazy, you're just a bit sad
'Cause there's a man in ya, gnawing ya, tearing ya into two...

And it goes like this!

Not in my head, nor under my bed...rather on my tv screen most nights with his head poking out of the top of a limo as he leads the military might parade.
Also lower ranked red flag wavers on my screen hurling insults...slapping on more sanctions designed to destroy my world. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: March 14, 2021, 07:05:15 PM »

China...million troops ready to go, probably millions more in reserve...bristling with nukes, the latest nukes...and building more, and nuke subs, nuke ships, and warplanes at express pace.
The factories are busy, more probably being built, likely working 24/7 to build an unbeatable military.
Will surpass the US military might in the not-too-far-distant-future.

My Sunday Telegraph;

"US wants our subs to deter invasion

America is pushing for Australia to build more submarines---to deter China from invading Taiwan.
Senior American defence officials believe an invasion could happen by 2027.

An expanded submarine fleet lies at the heart of a new defensive strategy being adopted by America as China's navy, at 335 ships, has overtaken the 293 vessels in the US battle fleet.

China's navy itself is engaged in an accelerated construction program in which Beijing will overtake the US in submarine numbers by 2030, with a projected fleet of 76.

It is expected to build a new class of guided-missile nuclear-powered attack submarine by the mid 202s."

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: March 14, 2021, 07:10:16 PM »

And I'm not a dude.

Wait...what?

Dude, go get help.

Shush, girl.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3733 on: March 14, 2021, 07:28:22 PM »

And I'm not a dude.

Wait...what?

Dude, go get help.

Shush, girl.

Bitch say what?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: March 14, 2021, 08:43:04 PM »

So Nancy Pelosi is asked if she wants Andrew Cuomo to resign as Governor of New York.

I think we should see the results,(of any investigation)  but he may decide, and hopefully this result will be soon, and what I’m saying is the governor should look inside his heart. He loves New York, to see if he can govern effectively. That could be one of the considerations he has.

Perspective:

Pelosi told Virginia Governor Ralph Northam to resign after decades-old pictures of him in blackface surfaced.
Virginians told Nancy to pound sand and quit meddling in Virginia business.
Northam remains the popular Virginia Governor.
Pelosi is not going down that road again 

Now Joe Biden mirrors Pelosi.

I think the investigation is underway and we should see what it brings us

Perspective:

Tara Reade

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 2929