Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762253 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4230 on: March 23, 2021, 01:33:14 PM »

Border 'Crisis'

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1374317350711869445.html

I think what is UNFAIR is if kids are forced to go through the process

If they don't have to go through the process, then the borders will really be open..."walk right in no questions asked if you're under 18".
Parents will be paying people smugglers to get their children into America.
The trickle will become a flood.
There'll be millions walking in.
Where will they live?
How will they live?
Who will be caring for them?
Who will be paying?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: March 23, 2021, 01:44:37 PM »

Biden dispatches top officials to Mexico, Central America as border crisis grows
Separately, a bipartisan pair of border-state senators sent a letter urging the White House to act swiftly to address the influx of migrants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-dispatches-top-officials-mexico-central-america-border-crisis-grows-n1261743

Whoops, I did what! A rude awakening for uncle Joe.

Once again GOP demands the Democrats rebuild the house they burned down while it is still on fire.

???

try again...

???
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: March 23, 2021, 01:44:57 PM »

Border 'Crisis'

The law made in 1980...40 years ago...when there were probably just a few children arriving.
Obviously the law needs changing, as it seems to be being exploited.

Population of the US in 1980 was 226.5 million.
Today the population is 326.5 + million ...a far different place, a far different world.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: March 23, 2021, 01:46:41 PM »

Border 'Crisis'

I think what is UNFAIR is if kids are forced to go through the process

If they don't have to go through the process, then the borders will really be open..."walk right in no questions asked if you're under 18".
Parents will be paying people smugglers to get their children into America.
The trickle will become a flood.
There'll be millions walking in.
Where will they live?
How will they live?
Who will be caring for them?
Who will be paying?

You misunderstand

Kids are being told they are going to the US - often with perilous consequence.  I am not saying they shouldnt go through channels once they are FORCED to come.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: March 23, 2021, 01:50:22 PM »

We need to have union representatives on the Southern Border, with offices with computers, and they need to tell the immigrants where the union jobs are. As the immigrants come to the USA they can go right to work at a good union job. They can drive trucks, and they can paint houses, and they can plant trees for Sunkist and they can pick fruit, there are many jobs for the immigrants.

Detroit could have brand new cobblestone streets, they can hire the immigrants to lay cobblestones.

We need to put the immigrants to work.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: March 23, 2021, 01:52:30 PM »

I want to get my vaccination, so that I can do stuff.

I can go meet my Mom and her husband Chuck at Olvera Street, that is such a treat. I want to take a trip, maybe to Italy, for even just a couple of weeks would be great. And if I am going to live in Anaheim then I need to get an annual pass for Disneyland. There are many things that I want to do.

Here is a link for my local travel agency. It is all in Spanish, and it looks like they specialize in trips to Paris. It would be fun just to see what they have available and what the prices are.

http://aeroparistravel.com/

And I need to find a girlfriend who wants to travel. I am ready to do some traveling.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: March 23, 2021, 01:53:59 PM »

At issue here is the "disassembling" or diminishing by the Trump administration of departments or parts of which after their changes in policy were no longer needed. 

The new administration did not bolster, redevelop, reassemble etc what would be necessary for them to change policies BACK the way they wished - and to an even greater extreme (read:  many, mannnnny more peolple flocking to border). 

Then - after acting too swiftly they lay blame at past administration for the dismantling. 

Poor planning is what it was.  And some would say poor policy.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: March 23, 2021, 02:15:53 PM »

Border 'Crisis'

The law made in 1980...40 years ago...when there were probably just a few children arriving.

Today the population is 326.5 + million ...a far different place, a far different world.

No more room for anti immigrant crackers here anymore. We are actively corralling as many as possible into Florida so they can die in messy irrelevance like the state motto says.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: March 23, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »

Biden dispatches top officials to Mexico, Central America as border crisis grows
Separately, a bipartisan pair of border-state senators sent a letter urging the White House to act swiftly to address the influx of migrants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-dispatches-top-officials-mexico-central-america-border-crisis-grows-n1261743

Once again GOP demands the Democrats rebuild the house they burned down while it is still on fire.

???

try again...

???

Kid’s got Covid brain fog. Sorry to hear you won’t recover, Kid, though it’s mostly your own fault as America’s Covid crisis is a direct result of idiots choosing to support republicans. You are just such an idiot though your affliction has forced you to tone it down some due to new limits on what brain capacity you have left.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: March 23, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »

Border 'Crisis'

No more room for anti immigrant crackers here anymore. We are actively corralling as many as possible into Florida so they can die in messy irrelevance like the state motto says.

Hope you'll like your ridding the landscape of "anti immigrant crackers" (who are likely more about anti-illegal immigrants than all immigrants)...and your world turns into 
"Mexico", "Central America", "South America" and all that will entail.
I do like everyone to be happy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: March 23, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »

We need to have union representatives on the Southern Border, with offices with computers, and they need to tell the immigrants where the union jobs are. As the immigrants come to the USA they can go right to work at a good union job. They can drive trucks, and they can paint houses, and they can plant trees for Sunkist and they can pick fruit, there are many jobs for the immigrants.

Detroit could have brand new cobblestone streets, they can hire the immigrants to lay cobblestones.

We need to put the immigrants to work.

Salute,

Tony V.

That is already happening with legal immigrants?
Any extra would be taking the jobs of Americans?
I hate reversing.
On my long list of hate things...are:
. Cobblestones!
They're so not flat, so uneven, so slippery, so treacherous.
Not that I'll be walking on the streets of Detroit.
I believe that women in heels hate them even more.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: March 23, 2021, 03:54:36 PM »

I want to get my vaccination, so that I can do stuff.

I can go meet my Mom and her husband Chuck at Olvera Street, that is such a treat. I want to take a trip, maybe to Italy, for even just a couple of weeks would be great. And if I am going to live in Anaheim then I need to get an annual pass for Disneyland. There are many things that I want to do.

Here is a link for my local travel agency. It is all in Spanish, and it looks like they specialize in trips to Paris. It would be fun just to see what they have available and what the prices are.

http://aeroparistravel.com/

And I need to find a girlfriend who wants to travel. I am ready to do some traveling.

Salute,

Tony V.

That site would be no good for me as I only speak english.
Once upon a time I could speak and write french, but Paris was a long way from Sydney, and only the rich flew overseas.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4243 on: March 23, 2021, 04:20:13 PM »

Making the borders secure and enforcing the law was one of the few things Donald got right. The other was VA reform, another issue that is about to explode in scandal. With another inept political hack put in charge.

luee, you're a sucker.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4244 on: March 23, 2021, 04:34:48 PM »

At issue here is the "disassembling" or diminishing by the Trump administration of departments or parts of which after their changes in policy were no longer needed. 

The new administration did not bolster, redevelop, reassemble etc what would be necessary for them to change policies BACK the way they wished - and to an even greater extreme (read:  many, mannnnny more peolple flocking to border). 

Then - after acting too swiftly they lay blame at past administration for the dismantling. 

Poor planning is what it was.  And some would say poor policy.

Maybe if Trump had allowed a transition period instead of inciting insurrection...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 2929