Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 2932

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 766199 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5340 on: April 14, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: April 14, 2021, 02:06:45 PM »

I think the pause in the J&J vaccinations was ill-advised.

I would bet that if there is a fix to be had, they could find it without the break in action. And it will take a good while to change the manufacturing to address it, even if they find it.

It casts unnecessary doubt on the process.

But... not my call.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: April 14, 2021, 03:14:09 PM »

As we pull our troops out of Afghanistan we need to send in teachers.

We need to build schools in Afghanistan for the children, and we need to teach them how to have peace and prosperity. The whole world community should help to build schools in Afghanistan.

Also, we need to give the people of Afghanistan business loans so that they can start their own businesses, they can grow cotton, and they can make stuff from the cotton that they grow. And they can raise sheep, and they can make stuff from the wool. Etc.

We need to create a good environment for peace and prosperity in Afghanistan. We paid a high price and many Americans gave their lives in Afghanistan, we need to make it count, and we need to lay the foundation for a better future for Afghanistan.

Also...

The Catholic Church can send in Nuns to teach the children in Afghanistan, etc, that would be great growth for the people of Afghanistan to invite in teachers who are of different faiths.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5343 on: April 14, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »

Mr Floyd died of cardiovascular disease, contributing factor being fentanyl and other substances.  His heart was enlarged and adrenaline was also contributory, as was the handcuffing and the actions of Chauvin.

Cause of death therefore -undetermined.

- Defense witness

He died of cardiac arrest as result of a lack of oxygen because the asshole cop crushed the air out him... slowly.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: April 14, 2021, 03:52:13 PM »

Mr Floyd died of cardiovascular disease, contributing factor being fentanyl and other substances.  His heart was enlarged and adrenaline was also contributory, as was the handcuffing and the actions of Chauvin.

- Defense witness

He died of cardiac arrest as result of a lack of oxygen because the asshole cop crushed the air out him... slowly.

Are you a witness for the court? Have you studied the autopsy? Is your level of expertise greater than that witness?

Didn't think so.

Look, Larry, you should be taking better care of yourself, and not worrying so much about that which you can do nothing about.

That's especially true with you being on your own.

Eat your veggies.

We want you to make it to 64.

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/features/black-men-diabetes-preventing-managing
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: April 14, 2021, 03:55:16 PM »

Manslaughter is the charge in the killing of Wright.

Second degree.  Ten year max

Good move to charge her, though some say under Minnesota law this is inappropriate

The ever popular (with Trump) "some say..."

Found the article

https://www.ibtimes.com/minnesota-law-can-prevent-officer-who-shot-killed-daunte-wright-being-charged-3179994

According to Henderson, authorities should focus on making sure this kind of event never happens again. He also criticized the police's defense in the incident, saying, "I think that if officers can’t tell the difference between firearms and tasers, we need to re-evaluate whether or not they need to be carrying tasers. But also, I think they use them far too readily under circumstances where they're simply not necessary and that's what leads to these kind of mishaps."

Seems like an above the board guy.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 14, 2021, 04:05:55 PM »

I wonder if Uno is a racist and bully in the real world.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5347 on: April 14, 2021, 04:11:45 PM »

- Defense witness

Are you a witness for the court? Have you studied the autopsy? Is your level of expertise greater than that witness?

That witness just got sliced and diced by the prosecution.

Didn't think so.

Look, Larry, you should be taking better care of yourself, and not worrying so much about that which you can do nothing about.

That's especially true with you being on your own.

Eat your veggies.

We want you to make it to 64.

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/features/black-men-diabetes-preventing-managing

You should spend more time worrying about your own mental health.

You should spend less time trying to make yourself feel better or superior than me because It is a stupid and futile gesture on your part.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5348 on: April 14, 2021, 04:13:56 PM »

Nah.

He is in a gig he feels is beneath him and most likely has black female supervisors.

Coming at me in here is one way he can fight his shrinkage problem.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: April 14, 2021, 04:46:26 PM »

I don't wonder about you at all.

But nice to see you take the usual path.

Dickless.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: April 14, 2021, 04:48:15 PM »

Nah.

He is in a gig he feels is beneath him and most likely has black female supervisors.

Coming at me in here is one way he can fight his shrinkage problem.

Check your blood sugar, Larry. It's making you more slow witted than normal.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: April 14, 2021, 05:08:08 PM »

Watch the outrage swell on the right...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/ashli-babbitt-capitol-police-shooting/2021/04/14/452fb414-666a-11eb-886d-5264d4ceb46d_story.html

I dont recall anyone amongst us calling for this CPD officer to even be put on leave, let alone fired or charged.  Maybe you hang out in different places.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: April 14, 2021, 05:12:18 PM »

Cops stopped him because his car was unregistered...as I see them do in America on YouTube official police footage and footage recorded legally by motorists in traffic stops.

The stop can be criticized.

How so?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: April 14, 2021, 05:16:05 PM »

60 arrests last night in Brroklyn Center as ANTIFA arrives in force.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 2932