Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 2930

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765813 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5550 on: April 18, 2021, 09:11:23 PM »

Help him out please, Barton. It’s very hard to see from a worm’s perspective.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: April 18, 2021, 10:03:35 PM »

Are Black parents telling their children that if they see a car with the key in the ignition and the door unlocked, that they're not entitled to drive it away and keep it because they are a minority and feel discriminated against?

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: April 18, 2021, 10:16:32 PM »

Are Black parents telling their children that if they see a car with the key in the ignition and the door unlocked, that they're not entitled to drive it away and keep it because they are a minority and feel discriminated against?

Isn’t that what you told your children?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: April 18, 2021, 10:34:05 PM »

I'm almost sure some people in this forum defended the actions of young Black people in driving away in Cop bait cars...for the reasons I stated.
Also taking whatever they like from stores for the same reasons.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: April 18, 2021, 11:09:56 PM »

AOC checks in with a head scratcher.

Sandy Cortez, never shy and never informed, backs packing SCOTUS and her reasoning is

The idea that nine people, that a nine-person court, can overturn laws that … hundreds and thousands of legislators, advocacy and policymakers drew consensus on … we have to … just ask ourselves, I think as a country, how much does that current structure benefit us? And I don’t think it does,” she said.

Okay, She doesn’t explain how a 13 member court solves that problem.

Which, of course, is not a problem since Marbury vs. Madison in 1801 laid down the foundation of Judicial Review interpreting the Constitution in a unanimous decision written by Chief Justice John Marshall;

.... Marshall stated that denying the supremacy of the Constitution over Congress's acts would mean that "courts must close their eyes on the constitution, and see only the law.And this, he said, would make Congress omnipotent, since none of the laws it passed would ever be invalid...

I’m glad AOC comments are not ignored.
They don’t reflect much intelligent thought on her part, if any at all.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:33:44 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: April 19, 2021, 12:48:48 AM »

I'm almost sure some people in this forum defended the actions of young Black people in driving away in Cop bait cars...for the reasons I stated.
Also taking whatever they like from stores for the same reasons.

No, but that is the conclusion a defective brain would arrive at. Carry on, good sir. By all means carry on.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: April 19, 2021, 12:51:35 AM »

Disbar and eject Thomas, Kavanaugh, and Commie Barrett and we won’t have to pack the court. I like that idea much better.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: April 19, 2021, 01:45:30 AM »

Noem pledges to not accept illegal immigrants: 'Call me when you're an American'

So ‘Ole Joe whose Immigration poll numbers are not so good * kept the Trump cap on refugees  for all of a day?
Then the Progressive Puppeteers took over and Joe ( the puppet) changed his mind.
How predictable. It would be embarrassing if Joe had any integrity. 
With none his naps are undisturbed.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-mexico-health-immigration-immigration-policy-1fb007e86452849d8e373908a3d81e94

Noem pledges to not accept illegal immigrants: 'Call me when you're an American'

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548255-noem-pledges-to-not-accept-illegal-immigrants-call-me-when-youre-an-american

Uncle Joe finally realizes accepting tens of millions of anchor babies is not diversity it is insanity. Just send them back to their mamacitas.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: April 19, 2021, 02:34:06 AM »

Please, find your way home to yours by way of an example.

Noem couldn’t pass the citizenship test in 100 tries. She was a legacy. Without seriously good rearing, those kids tend to suck. In her case it’s obvious that someone pivotal somewhere fell very short.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: April 19, 2021, 03:33:03 AM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: April 19, 2021, 07:28:45 AM »

All golf courses should be repurposed as food co-ops for those who can’t or don’t want to spend much at all on food. 

Stalinist or Maoist?

Hard to say. But definitely not a POV any real American should be seriously putting forth.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: April 19, 2021, 07:55:40 AM »

Yet another thing about which you have no idea but feel compelled to address. Your concept of a real American is to a real American what cheese whiz is to cheese.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: April 19, 2021, 08:02:15 AM »

Not a full solution, but a quickly achievable step that could open pathways for more directly productive reform throughout the country

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/us-needs-ntsb-police-killings/618624/

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: April 19, 2021, 08:19:31 AM »

All golf courses should be repurposed as food co-ops for those who can’t or don’t want to spend much at all on food. 

Stalinist or Maoist?

Hard to say. But definitely not a POV any real American should be seriously putting forth.
It reminded me.of an old joke.

A rich lawyer is riding in his limo when he sees a group of people crouched in a field. Intrigued he tells the chauffeur to stop and asks one of them what is going on. The man tells him: I lost my job when the factory closed down. Except for some part time seasonal work, I have been out of work for over a year and my unemployment benefits ran out months ago. I have been reduced to eating grass to survive.

The lawyer responds: My good man, I will take you to my house where you may eat your fill.

May I bring my family? The man asks. The lawyer responds, Of course.

Another man, overhearing the conversation tells the lawyer, I am in the same situation. I also have been unable to find work since the factory closed, me and my family have also been reduced to eating grass.  Can we come too?

Of course, the lawyer responds. I have a huge yard.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5564 on: April 19, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »

Stalinist or Maoist?

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_k5_egUAo
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 2930