Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757121 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9810 on: June 17, 2021, 06:48:23 PM »

Young white men from single-parent families, for instance, are more likely to end up in prison than young Black men from intact, two-parent homes.

Wow.

Who woulda thought that?

People who think, and people who understand family systems.

I guess I forgot to use the sarcasm font...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9811 on: June 17, 2021, 06:49:57 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

If you think they’re good people then I’m sure glad I’ll most likely never meet those motherfuckers.

It would be your loss. Then again, losing is something you're used to.

You’re projecting again.

If you’re talking about what passes for debate in here you’re way off.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: June 17, 2021, 06:51:25 PM »

Oh you can smell the GOP flop sweat....

Stacey Abrams endorsed Manchin’s proposal and the Republicans freaked.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-voting-bill-stacey-abrams-republicans

Some of the dumbest reasoning seen outside of this forum!
When I heard earlier today Abrams voiced support for Manchin's voting bill, I wondered if that was a blunder, and maybe the way to go was lay low on it, give it some air, and see if any Rs would voice support for it or parts of it. 

It was probably DOA anyway as Rs know a level playing field on election day is not in their best interests.

It will be interesting to see what Manchin does next to fantasize he can find 10 honest R's on this issue, and that he's a statesman, rather than a paid for hack.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:54:06 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: June 17, 2021, 06:52:17 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/06/17/arizona-montana-election-audit-ac360-tuchman-pkg-vpx.cnn

The never ending source of faux drama that is the Arizona "audit" has moved to a "lab" in a secret remote location in Montana, for some unclear reason. The spokesman for the audit says he doesn't know where the lab is.

The owner of Cyber Ninjas drove up to Montana in a truck with a copy of the election data.

No outside observers. No oversight. No end date required.

Nah, not suspicious at all!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: June 17, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

And you continue to expose yourself, as Kid does himself.

I'm glad Kid is a nice guy.

But "only if you gave him reason" for Kid includes harsh words, whether or not richly deserved.

He made a threat that is only permissible on the internet.

You have no problems with that threat, because you, too, exhibit internet machismo.

You keep insisting that we know nothing about you from your posts. I think you give away more than you ever intended to. And could Kid kick me to the curb? Quite possibly.

SO THE FUCK WHAT?!

Might makes right?!

You're a selective reader, josh.

You apparently skip over the comments of some here. And quite often, too.

Which has nothing to do with anything I said, Ham.

I think your breast-beating is stupid. I think Kids' is stupid. I think Fac's is stupid.

And yes, I skip over many of the comments here, but not enough, I think.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: June 17, 2021, 06:59:06 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

If you think they’re good people then I’m sure glad I’ll most likely never meet those motherfuckers.

It would be your loss. Then again, losing is something you're used to.

You’re projecting again.

If you’re talking about what passes for debate in here you’re way off.

Speaking of projection, it’s sad Ham’s parents ran off before he could be brought up to act like a person. It’s understandable. I’d have dumped him far out in the woods after a day or so as well. Even as an infant he was very probably clearly the same kind of incurable shit head he is so proud to be today.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: June 17, 2021, 07:01:02 PM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #9817 on: June 17, 2021, 07:02:09 PM »

I guess, to be fair,  Ham is correct that other members have engaged in trash talk with violent stuff in the mix.   Like that time I said all the conservative members should be smeared with pig's blood and then gradually lowered into a piranha-filled pond while their families are forced to watch with their eyelids taped open.    My only excuse is that I had just watched the director's cut of Mary Poppins,  which is considerably more violent and grisly than the rather tame version seen in theaters.   I resolve,  in future, to leave out the bit about the tape.   Every social interaction, live or virtual,  offers the potential for growth and greater compassion.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: June 17, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »

I think your breast-beating is stupid. I think Kids' is stupid. I think Fac's is stupid.

And yes, I skip over many of the comments here, but not enough, I think.

Beating the breast is actually key to a good chicken Milanese, about the best I can do with bitter old hens like Ham and Kid. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: June 17, 2021, 07:04:51 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/06/17/arizona-montana-election-audit-ac360-tuchman-pkg-vpx.cnn

The never ending source of faux drama that is the Arizona "audit" has moved to a "lab" in a secret remote location in Montana, for some unclear reason. The spokesman for the audit says he doesn't know where the lab is.

The owner of Cyber Ninjas drove up to Montana in a truck with a copy of the election data.

Sort of like China overseeing the Wuhan Virus.
Not suspicious at all.

ROfL!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:06:45 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9820 on: June 17, 2021, 07:07:31 PM »

Oh you can smell the GOP flop sweat....

Stacey Abrams endorsed Manchin’s proposal and the Republicans freaked.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-voting-bill-stacey-abrams-republicans

Some of the dumbest reasoning seen outside of this forum!
When I heard earlier today Abrams voiced support for Manchin's voting bill, I wondered if that was a blunder, and maybe the way to go was lay low on it, give it some air, and see if any Rs would voice support for it or parts of it. 

It was probably DOA anyway as Rs know a level playing field on election day is not in their best interests.

It will be interesting to see what Manchin does next to fantasize he can find 10 honest R's on this issue, and that he's a statesman, rather than a paid for hack.

Manchin has boxed himself in especially after the way Mitch shot it down today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/17/joe-manchin-reaches-out-republicans-they-slap-him-face/

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9821 on: June 17, 2021, 07:10:43 PM »

Not suspicious at all.

ROfL!

Y’all keep missing the point. The virus came from China. The fucked up response belongs to the Trump Administration and the GOP.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: June 17, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »

Not suspicious at all.

ROfL!

Are you saying China is an honest and above board actor or that you and yours are all lying bastards unworthy of trust or anything but contempt?

Try to be a little more clear with your meaning when you post.

There are classes for adults who have never mastered English usage and composition but would like to learn, even in Ohio.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: June 17, 2021, 07:28:21 PM »

The NBA playoffs have risen to the most watched show on television.

Black Lives Matter. It is good business to say so. Customers want to know your brand understands the difference between right and wrong.

Black Lives Matter. Marching with these words in our mouths and our hearts has already led to reforms and will lead to many more.

Black Lives Matter.  End for-profit gun manufacturing and sales. Reform policing and the prison industrial complex. End predatory lending, red lining, and environmental injustice.

Black Lives Matter.

Keep marching.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 2927