Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756074 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10425 on: June 23, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »

I still think Sharpton missed a few necessary steps to restoring himself as a self-identified moral leader, but we can agree to disagree.

Ask Steven Pagones.

“[Sharpton] says he regrets having resorted to "name-calling" against Pagones and that the case taught him to refrain from personal attacks in his activism.”
Jeez, you can do better that, Larry. Actually, with regard to the Brawley affair you probably can’t.

I am quoting.

This same statement was posted earlier.
It’s an idiotic statement. One inconsistent with the why should I apologize if I believed it quote you also posted. As I said we can agree to disagree, but Sharpton continuing to atttempt to justify repulsive behavior is, well, repulsive.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10426 on: June 23, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »

I still think Sharpton missed a few necessary steps to restoring himself as a self-identified moral leader, but we can agree to disagree.

Ask Steven Pagones.

“[Sharpton] says he regrets having resorted to "name-calling" against Pagones and that the case taught him to refrain from personal attacks in his activism.”
Jeez, you can do better that, Larry. Actually, with regard to the Brawley affair you probably can’t.

I am quoting.

It’s an idiotic statement. One inconsistent with the why should I apologize if I believed it quote you also posted. As I said we can agree to disagree, but Sharpton continuing to atttempt to justify repulsive behavior is, well, repulsive.

Whatev’s Yank
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10427 on: June 23, 2021, 05:37:58 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

I am quoting.

Maybe he should rip his shirt and self flagellate with a studded whip?

There’s a whole lot of shit streamed over the dam and under the  Bridge since 1987 and everyone involved in the Brawley shit show has been found culpable and made to pay.

But it’s never enough, is it?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: June 23, 2021, 05:46:03 PM »

If asked, I’ll even write it for him. “I’m sorry I tried to ruin his life. I’m a charlatan.” He’s welcome to edit.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10429 on: June 23, 2021, 05:54:45 PM »

If asked, I’ll even write it for him. “I’m sorry I tried to ruin his life. I’m a charlatan.” He’s welcome to edit.

I’m sure we’re all the same people we were in 1987.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: June 23, 2021, 05:57:37 PM »

Youthful indiscretion justification.  Fine.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10431 on: June 23, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »

Youthful indiscretion justification.  Fine.

Too much good done in the last twenty years to focus on a wrong that was done thirty four years ago to wronged person who was made whole.

But you hold on to that and keep it close to your heart.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: June 23, 2021, 06:22:07 PM »

The bottom line is that officers need to be allowed to do their job,” Imperatrice went on. “They need to be able to proactively police the streets and have bad guys that are arrested be held behind bars and not re-released to reoffend. There are people out there becoming victims because of irresponsible remarks such as these, they deserve better that

Fucking cunt.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/22/police-groups-rip-msnbc-for-blaming-cops-for-crime-spike/?fbclid=IwAR2KHNWSIqNMz6C4q6odZKLwNjZpSv1ctDSNSj1Qaq4iq1CNin0bQbosxWw

Fucking misogynist.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: June 23, 2021, 06:27:00 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

I am quoting.

It's not inconsistent at all.

In the one case, his actions and words were predicated on belief.

In the other, he engaged in a personal attack against somebody and expressed regret.

("Start with one," or words to that effect.)

Doesn't mean I agree with him that he owes no apologies re the Brawley affair, but that the two comments are not in conflict, far as I can tell.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: June 23, 2021, 07:05:04 PM »

General Mark Miley discussing white rage, the importance of learning about race, and his problem with the use of "Woke."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-06-23/top-general-forcefully-defends-dod-policies-amid-accusations-of-critical-race-theory

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: June 23, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

I am quoting.

In the other, he engaged in a personal attack against somebody and expressed regret.

Doesn't mean I agree with him that he owes no apologies re the Brawley affair, but that the two comments are not in conflict, far as I can tell.
What was his personal attack  predicated on?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: June 23, 2021, 07:23:47 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

I am quoting.

I don't think it matters, Yank.

He's sorry about the personal attack because it was uncalled for.

He could pursue any other aspect of the case without needing to attack the individual.

See also: Elba.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »

Gaetz has become McCarthyesque in his zeal to root out imaginary evils.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:47 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

I am quoting.

I don't think it matters, Yank.

He's sorry about the personal attack because it was uncalled for.

He could pursue any other aspect of the case without needing to attack the individual.

See also: Elba.
Pursuing the case was attacking the individual.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: June 23, 2021, 07:35:53 PM »

Gaetz has become McCarthyesque in his zeal to root out imaginary evils.
McCarthy at least had the decency to drink himself to death.

It shows republicans have a long history of ruinous grifting that eats away at the fabric of our nation. Their mascot shouldn’t be the elephant. Their mascot should be one of the elephant’s intestinal worms.

This was also a nice moment for the GOP and their co-parasites

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/23/2036711/-Former-NRA-president-tricked-into-giving-graduation-speech-to-3-0444-chairs-representing-dead-teens
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 2926