Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756067 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10830 on: June 28, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »

Hold the gun manufacturers libel. Shootings will go down. Pull lisences of RW media broadcast outlets and conglomerates and shootings will go down. Offer jobs with real futures that provide a real opportunity and shootings will go down. Make firearms owners insurance mandatory for any firearms purchases and shootings will go down. Destroy the republicans and their program of death and destruction and shootings will go down.

Liable, presumably.

Yup.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: June 28, 2021, 02:12:58 PM »

From WaPo June 20

For weeks now, Democrats have been open about a two-track approach: pass what they can on a bipartisan, filibuster-proof basis, and use the reconciliation process to push remaining priorities through with 50 votes. The 11 Republicans who joined in the effort did so knowing Democrats are strongly considering that approach.

But on “Fox News Sunday,” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said such a tactic would “be very problematic. … I think you’ll get a lot of pushback from every Republican.” On NBC’s “Meet the Press,” host Chuck Todd didn’t ask Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) directly about the reconciliation path, but Portman did say that a bill would be much more likely to pass by “growing the vote from the middle out.” In other words: Democrats shouldn’t even try to pursue their goals through every avenue possible, lest Republicans punish them even in an area where both parties ostensibly agree.

What makes this view especially curious is that both Graham and Portman argued that the Democrats’ reconciliation package, as Graham put it, “is not remotely related to what’s traditionally been called infrastructure.“

Stringing along credulous Democrats isn’t anything new for Republicans. Besides the bait-and-switch with Manchin, there were a host of these tricks pulled during Barack Obama’s presidency.

In 2009, for example, Obama let Democratic moderates spend months trying to persuade Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) to support a health-care overhaul. Summer came and went, and still Grassley wasn’t on board. Finally, Obama himself asked Grassley whether there were any changes that could bring him around. “I guess not, Mr. President,” Grassley replied.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/20/republicans-pulled-bait-and-switch-voting-rights-democrats-cant-let-them-do-it-infrastructure/

Published the week before this weekends GOP histrionics...

Same as it ever was...
From the Maddowblog;
In fact, this was the course GOP leaders encouraged the president to take. Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of the Senate Republican leadership, told Fox News in early April, "My advice to the White House has been, take that bipartisan win, do this in a more traditional infrastructure way and then if you want to force the rest of the package on Republicans in the Congress and the country, you can certainly do that."

Senate Republicans are never not intellectually dishonest.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: June 28, 2021, 03:16:36 PM »

Google is your friend, Barton, and my friend.

I don't think it's Kid's friend. It has lots of information that contradicts his closely held biases.

Post the link next time
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: June 28, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »

At issue is whether the required repairs were made.  And if corners were cut.  Was the 15 mil used properly and fully?

Investigation will take quite some time, as much as the press and many basic idiot types in the population would like to open and shut the case quickly and with little thought

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10834 on: June 28, 2021, 03:28:22 PM »

Senate Republicans are never not intellectually dishonest.

I’ll give them this... They definitely are consistent!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: June 28, 2021, 03:49:16 PM »

I don't think it's Kid's friend. It has lots of information that contradicts his closely held biases.

Post the link next time
I assume the link you requested was posted by Josh.
That one raised a question.
The HOA had conflicting opinions about the safety status of its buildings. One was a detailed report by a professional engineering firm pointing out structural problems. The other was an opinion by a city official that the building was “ in good shape”. It appears the HOA board did not pursue the engineering firm’s concern.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 03:52:34 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: June 28, 2021, 04:29:33 PM »

At issue is whether the required repairs were made.  And if corners were cut.  Was the 15 mil used properly and fully?

Investigation will take quite some time, as much as the press and many basic idiot types in the population would like to open and shut the case quickly and with little thought

The investigation will probably take long enough that the next 5 to 10 buildings come down before it’s concluded.

It won’t be good for the value of real estate in Florida.

Self-rapturing republicans shouldn’t mind. However the Lord wants to take them is the Lord’s business.

Everyone else should think seriously about getting the fuck out before the whole state is reclaimed by sea and swamp.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: June 28, 2021, 04:59:27 PM »

When you do business in Latin America, for instance when my Grandmother opened Gold mines in Mexico, you go in and you do like the Bible says in Matthew 25: 31-46 and you help the people and you become a good part of the community, and they will love you. My Grandmother helped to bring paved roads, electricity, and running water, to some very poor parts of Mexico where she helped to open Gold mines, and the people loved her. If you share the wealth and if you help people, then they will love you. That is good business advice. 

Also, pay people well, and treat them well. And have parties for the workers, etc. Show your workers that they are important to the company.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: June 28, 2021, 05:17:38 PM »

Post the link next time

I didn't get it from a link, Kid. I got it from a FL lawyer.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: June 28, 2021, 05:47:00 PM »

Hold the gun manufacturers libel. Shootings will go down. Pull lisences of RW media broadcast outlets and conglomerates and shootings will go down. Offer jobs with real futures that provide a real opportunity and shootings will go down. Make firearms owners insurance mandatory for any firearms purchases and shootings will go down. Destroy the republicans and their program of death and destruction and shootings will go down.

Thanks to the GOP you can’t sue gun manufacturers. Congress passed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in 2005.

If a gun manufacturer knows his product is to be used in a crime, he can be held liable.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: June 28, 2021, 05:47:49 PM »

Post the link next time

attaboy

Then dont complain when you dont get a link to back up one of our posts

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: June 28, 2021, 05:51:37 PM »

Post the link next time
I assume the link you requested was posted by Josh.
That one raised a question.
The HOA had conflicting opinions about the safety status of its buildings. One was a detailed report by a professional engineering firm pointing out structural problems. The other was an opinion by a city official that the building was “ in good shape”. It appears the HOA board did not pursue the engineering firm’s concern.

Nah, this likely isnt right

Repairs of this sort are reqyired all the time.  Unbenowst to inhabitants, building get their required reinforcements - and thus this is a very very uncommon occurence

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10843 on: June 28, 2021, 05:54:27 PM »

Thanks to the GOP you can’t sue gun manufacturers. Congress passed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in 2005.

If a gun manufacturer knows his product is to be used in a crime, he can be held liable.

You do realize the odds are pretty remote on that score, right?

So what is your point?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: June 28, 2021, 05:56:12 PM »

Post the link next time

attaboy

Then dont complain when you dont get a link to back up one of our posts

You asked for a link. You got two of them.

And when you post from a news source with a quote, then yes, I will complain.

At the time I posted, there was not yet a story, based on the search I did. By the time I responded to your request there was one.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 2926