Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755547 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10996 on: June 30, 2021, 01:44:04 PM »

Clearly time to start a Roy Rogers forum to go with the Climate Change forum.

There is a new play about Roy and Dale that is heading for Atlanta...

“Accidental Heroes: The Real-Life Adventures of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans” The world premiere of this musical by Marshall Brickman and T-Bone Burnett.

Then if the play is successful in Atlanta then it will head to New York City and then to film.

The corona crisis delayed the play, but hopefully soon the play will open.

So, hopefully Roy will be a big topic of discussion soon, like Alexander Hamilton.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10997 on: June 30, 2021, 01:44:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/weather/pacific-northwest-extreme-heat-wednesday/index.html

117.5 in Canada, topping the new record set two days before of 115, besting the 80ish year old record of 113.

115 in Portland, OR.

And... the Northwest is expected to have extreme heat for another couple weeks, even if not record breaking every day.

Think the GOP will continue to fight the green sections of the infrastructure plan?

Yes, I think McConnell will keep doing so and Trump as well, which will "force" the cowards to toe their line.

I also think when that damn finally breaks it is going to break in a big way.

I think the Dems pass a very popular reconciliation bill that pours a couple of trillion into climate related infrastructure including energy generation and storage facilities as well as carbon sequestration through urban farms on brown site abandoned factories. Republicans who like the increasingly hot weather and don’t support the infrastructure package will be wiped out electorally in 2022 and beyond.

Good policy is good politics
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: June 30, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »

Bill Cosby has been cleared, turns out he made a deal with a prosecutor years ago. He served 2 years, and he is set to get out today.

It is all sad, he was one of my heroes as a kid, I loved Fat Albert.

But, he did his time, now he needs to behave like a good person, and he needs to be forgiven.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:51:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: June 30, 2021, 01:50:42 PM »

News Update!

Corporate media and democrats now okay with questioning election integrity after 135,000 FAKE ballots discovered  in NYC democrat Mayoral primary.

……just a nice sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind”….

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: June 30, 2021, 01:53:31 PM »

Corporate media!!!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: June 30, 2021, 01:55:42 PM »

Afro-americans will be further marginalized when tens of millions of anchor babies and their extended families come marching in. Kamala knows, the voice of reason in the democratic party.

---“Do not come," warned Vice President Kamala Harris in early June to migrants in Guatemala.---

What about Slovenian anchor babies?

Slovenians do not usually leave their infants at the southern border

Why does it matter where they leave them?

And why do you persist in using the racist term?

Oh, right. You're a racist.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: June 30, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »

Per WSJ: The Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned the conviction of entertainer Bill Cosby for sexual assault, one of the key prosecutions in the #MeToo movement that brought sexual assault against women onto the national stage.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: June 30, 2021, 02:00:07 PM »

Apparently championing urban violence and spreading conspiracy theories against conservatives does not a TV  audience make. In the second quarter CNN lost half its viewers.

CNN lost their primary content provider, the Orange-haired fascist clown, who retreated to Mar-a-Berghof, making balloon swastikas for Baron.

And most people did not feel compelled to watch 24-7 to see in what insane manner their normal customs would be under attack.

And they trusted Joe Biden, at least in his regard for respecting and defending our democracy so they didn't have to watch 24-7.

That and baseball started, the NBA play-offs started, and most sane people got vacced and got out of the house for the first time since the Trumpdemic brought disease, death, despair and a dystopian dynamic to this country.

Back to you Tucker.

you fucking asshole

Good analysis.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: June 30, 2021, 02:03:54 PM »

This should go well. I can see it now. If Eric Adams isn't declared the winner, then the streets will explode.

No, I don't think they will.

And I don't think he will win. His lead was too small after the first ballot.

I haven't kept up with the NYC Mayor's Race, but with ranked order voting, shouldn't results be calculable within seconds with a decent computer? I understand absentee ballots etc have to be included, but weeks for a result, what am I missing?

Thanks I'll hang-up and listen.

NYC B.O.E is a nepotistic mess and has been for decades. Unless they changed in the last year it’s run by friends and family of the Democratic and Republican Party leaders.

In other words, business as usual.

Living in DC, I'm sure you have the insider perspective on what's happening in NYC.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: June 30, 2021, 02:07:50 PM »

Oakland, California has seen a 90 per cent increase in crime.  The police Department’s budget has been curt.

Then on Monday

A TV news crew was reporting on a crime spike. Then robbers demanded they hand over their camera.

A member  of the camera crew had a gun and the would-be felons ran away.
Good good man with a gun story.
Not so good for the “ defund the cops crowd”.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/30/oakland-tv-crew-robbery/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 02:11:16 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: June 30, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »

"This is what a modern day Muslim Supremacist looks like," Nomani tweeted. "Ilhan Omar speaks to @jaketapper + rebukes Jewish Democratic colleagues for failing to be ‘partners in injustice.’ Her wound is bigger than their wound—a wound collector in the Oppression Olympics."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/omar-blasted-remarks-jews-congress-124818302.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: June 30, 2021, 02:12:59 PM »

This should go well. I can see it now. If Eric Adams isn't declared the winner, then the streets will explode.

I haven't kept up with the NYC Mayor's Race, but with ranked order voting, shouldn't results be calculable within seconds with a decent computer? I understand absentee ballots etc have to be included, but weeks for a result, what am I missing?

They should bring in Cyber Ninjas!

Nah - we're busy.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: June 30, 2021, 02:17:24 PM »

Cosby - "This is justice for Black America!"

Good Lord.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11009 on: June 30, 2021, 02:20:22 PM »

NYC B.O.E is a nepotistic mess and has been for decades. Unless they changed in the last year it’s run by friends and family of the Democratic and Republican Party leaders.

In other words, business as usual.

Living in DC, I'm sure you have the insider perspective on what's happening in NYC.

Yeah.

I do.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 2926