Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751425 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12345 on: July 20, 2021, 06:21:25 PM »

CDC information on vaccinations of note:

Black and Hispanic people have had persistently lower rates of vaccination compared to their White counterparts across most states. These lower vaccination rates leave Black and Hispanic people at increased risk for infection, illness, and death, particularly as new variants, like the Delta variant, spread.

Thus far, 47 percent of whites are vaccinated, and 62 percent of Asians, but Hispanics sit at a much lower 39 percent, and blacks at an even lower 34 percent.

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/health-coverage-by-race-and-ethnicity/

And with good reason, given how the medical profession has treated those populations over the years, Ward, not that you would even begin to accept that truth.
I see you are afflicted with preexisting racism.
It's a problem. But the reason only 47% of whites are vaccinated is because of the GOP and Fox.
LOL!  Okay I’ll add you also suffer from preexisting stupidity.

And [because there are so many more whites, it creates at least as big a problem and in some states far bigger.
LOL!
You (purposely)overlook the factor that is the elephant, er Donkey, in the room:
The concerted Biden/Harris/democrat campaign strategy of mistrusting any vaccine developed by the Trump Administration.
No wonder the public beyond the elderly hesitated when Kammy ran to the front of the Vaccination line once she was a heart beat away from the Presidency.
Really?
She didn’t trust Warp Speed?
And then, Voila!, hey everybody, get vaccinated!
Except there was no "concerted effort" and that is not what Harris said about vaccines. She said she would need more than President Cheeto-dust's word. I.e., science to weigh in. Which it has. But it is nice to see, again, that the right wing sources you poach from have realized that they still haven't gotten an angle on Biden, and so are focusing on Harris.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics/kamala-harris-not-trust-trump-vaccine-cnntv/index.html
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: July 20, 2021, 06:21:45 PM »

TRUMP ALLY ARRESTED!  TRUMP ALLY ARRESTED!!!!!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: July 20, 2021, 06:24:35 PM »

Black and Hispanic people have had persistently lower rates of vaccination compared to their White counterparts across most states. These lower vaccination rates leave Black and Hispanic people at increased risk for infection, illness, and death, particularly as new variants, like the Delta variant, spread.

Clearly due in large part to VP Harris not accepting the vaccine as real and safe during the campaign - as a silly slight to the President.
Nope. Nof what she said.

The great thing, by the way, is that vaccine hesitancy by minority can be overcome by facts and arguments. Unlike Republican opposition which, not having any basis in facts, cannot.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: July 20, 2021, 06:26:02 PM »

Thus far, 47 percent of whites are vaccinated, and 62 percent of Asians, but Hispanics sit at a much lower 39 percent, and blacks at an even lower 34 percent.

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/health-coverage-by-race-and-ethnicity/

And with good reason, given how the medical profession has treated those populations over the years, Ward, not that you would even begin to accept that truth.

It's a problem. But the reason only 47% of whites are vaccinated is because of the GOP and Fox.

And because there are so many more whites, it creates at least as big a problem and in some states far bigger.

There has been a very direct and conscience outreach into many of these communities, and in the NY Metro area, they are running ads all the time trying to bump these numbers up. But science isn't important in America. Dancing with the Stars, the NFL, and what will Britney do seem to be the priorities.

There has been a direct effort made,  I agree. (I suspect you mean "conscious" rather than "conscience.")

It is insufficient to counter decades of neglect and a history of malfeasance, let along the ongoing systemic racism in our health system, which have bred distrust about our medical system. The stories of the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment are widely shared, on top of far more current harrowing tales.

The problem in many of these cases is less about belief in science and more about belief in the government behind the science.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: July 20, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »

And [because there are so many more whites, it creates at least as big a problem and in some states far bigger.
LOL!
You (purposely)overlook the factor that is the elephant, er Donkey, in the room:
The concerted Biden/Harris/democrat campaign strategy of mistrusting any vaccine developed by the Trump Administration.
No wonder the public beyond the elderly hesitated when Kammy ran to the front of the Vaccination line once she was a heart beat away from the Presidency.
Really?

Your refusal to engage with facts about the white resistance to the vaccinations and attempts to blame it on Biden are typical, but looking at which political party's members are likelier to get vaccinated, despite the resistance in the African-American communities, makes it clear that my comment about who is not within the white population and why not are simply true.

You can't deal with it.

Similarly, your choice to pretend that the medical system and the US government have not engaged in conduct harmful to African-Americans is pretty much core Ward conduct.

Lie, deny, and obfuscate.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: July 20, 2021, 06:36:16 PM »

Clearly due in large part to VP Harris not accepting the vaccine as real and safe during the campaign - as a silly slight to the President.

Two things:

First, there was no President at the time, only a fat orange imposter failson.

Second, by your standard, we should all get together and pull tucker carlson’s empty head right off his ugly smirking shoulders. We should stack that empty head along side those of Ron Johnson, Rand  Paul, Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott, and many others.

Once we’ve decapitated and immolated for safe measure and public sanitation actual serious offenders in the anti-vaccine echo chamber, we can turn to a small debate on wether or not to give Madame Vice President Harris a light slap on the wrist for her comments.

Till then, STFU, fascist dirt weasel.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: July 20, 2021, 06:42:24 PM »

61% of the unvaccinated are non-Republican

Party identification
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-profile-of-the-unvaccinated

In June:
Unvaccinated: 29% Democrats, 49% Republicans
Vaccinated: 59% Democrats, 31% Republicans

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-profile-of-the-unvaccinated/

More data:

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/unvaccinated-americans-whiter-more-republican-vaccinated
But note, I did not specify that they were Republicans, but because of Republicans.

(And I wish Kamala were as influential as you folks pretend she is, though only when it suits your purposes.)

The GOP has a substantial plurality among the groups not getting the vaccine ever.

No matter how you try to twist it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:46:06 PM by josh »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12352 on: July 20, 2021, 06:44:09 PM »

[]I  called you a racist because you are one and engaged in a continuing course of racist behavior. You lose again.

Boz,  you are one of my favorites here,  with sharply observed takes on issues,  nuanced arguments,  great quips and jests,  but seriously man,  this incandescent troll-turd is going to eat a hole in your brain if you keep engaging with him.  (this goes for several of you contentious motherfuckers out there...)

His problem is obvious and he is like so many people in that he never sees himself as others see him.   And so much racism is unconscious,  incredible as that may seem when you witness what looks to be just corrosive racial bias and baiting.   The hallmark of many a racist is that they see racism everywhere but in themselves.  Because they've never had those moments of self-reflection where their own biases surface,  never had that painful awakening to what is almost the "original sin" of America.   (maybe I shouldn't appropriate a religious doctrine to describe a social ill)   

Knowing you (meaning everyone,  the general you) have some racist bias is the starting point of mitigating the adverse effects of it.   Beware of the person who smugly informs you they are "colorblind."

Yeah, but fuck that guy!

If more white folks turd rolled racists the way I have to smack down homophobia and misogyny there might be fewer racist out and about.

I also have to engage with the feelings of frustration, hopelessness and rage that play in life’s background music for these kids... and say, “Not all white people!”

Understand the anger and put it to good use. Don’t engage in politics or culture beyond pop.

During the 2020 campaign my advice to these guys came from Hamilton, “Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what for.” Yeah. Burr.

Most of the kids I interact with aren’t from ‘the hood’ they are middle class and socially mobile.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12353 on: July 20, 2021, 06:51:45 PM »

Two things:

Second, by your standard, we should all get together and pull tucker carlson’s empty head right off his ugly smirking shoulders. We should stack that empty head along side those of Ron Johnson, Rand  Paul, Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott, and many others.

Once we’ve decapitated and immolated for safe measure and public sanitation actual serious offenders in the anti-vaccine echo chamber, we can turn to a small debate on wether or not to give Madame Vice President Harris a light slap on the wrist for her comments.

One of my favorite Twitter follows is David Simon and you guys are surely expressive.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: July 20, 2021, 06:51:51 PM »

LOL!
No wonder the public beyond the elderly hesitated when Kammy ran to the front of the Vaccination line once she was a heart beat away from the Presidency
Really?
Except there was no "concerted effort" and that is not what Harris said about vaccines.
She said she would need more than President Cheeto-dust's word. I.e., science to weigh in.
Barrister bangs on table.  Fauci endorsed it, Harris never did until the election was over. So much for her idea of “ Science”
But it is nice to see, again, that the right wing sources you poach from have realized that they still haven't gotten an angle on Biden, and so are focusing on Harris.
Reuters, September 15, 2020.
“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump,” Biden said. “At this moment, the American people can’t either.”
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 07:10:55 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: July 20, 2021, 06:58:10 PM »

LOL!
Really?

Your refusal to engage with facts about the white resistance to the vaccinations and attempts to blame it on Biden are typical, but looking at which political party's members are likelier to get vaccinated, despite the resistance in the African-American communities, makes it clear that my comment about who is not within the white population and why not are simply true.

You can't deal with it.

Vaccine resistance is real.  democrats, led by Biden and Harris ,  championed it during the campaign and won 75 million votes.
Then, when they won, they tried to sell the vaccine  and have come up short.
And you want to blame the GOP and Fox News?
You are seriously delirious.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: July 20, 2021, 07:13:02 PM »

Until you fucks promoting hydroxychloroquine cocktails and UV-bleach enemas were firmly discredited and deposed, any science from an agency under any branch of the federal government was too highly suspect to endorse.

Even when they trotted out real scientists, it was always clear there was a propaganda goon from the Putin-trump terrorist cell waiting in the wings with an electric cattle prod in case that scientist gave unvarnished scientific advice against their explicit anti American political instructions.

Once the house fell on the witch, and Steve Miller dissolved from contact with water (January 2021), you could trust scientists installed by the real administrations like Clinton and Obama to give faithful and valid public advice again.

It’s not nice to tell people you know something until you actually think you have good reason to know that you know it yourself.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: July 20, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »

Two things:

One of my favorite Twitter follows is David Simon and you guys are surely expressive.

Thanks.

I’d like to think David Simon would also mince Kid and feed him to the pigeons.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: July 20, 2021, 07:16:44 PM »

LOL!
No wonder the public beyond the elderly hesitated when Kammy ran to the front of the Vaccination line once she was a heart beat away from the Presidency
Really?
Except there was no "concerted effort" and that is not what Harris said about vaccines.
She said she would need more than President Cheeto-dust's word. I.e., science to weigh in.
Barrister bangs on table.  Fauci endorsed it, Harris never did until the election was over. So much for her idea of “ Science”
But it is nice to see, again, that the right wing sources you poach from have realized that they still haven't gotten an angle on Biden, and so are focusing on Harris.
“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump,” Biden said. “At this moment, the American people can’t either.”[/b]
Wo you have both proven and conceded my point? Cool.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: July 20, 2021, 07:26:14 PM »

LOL!
Really?
“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump,” Biden said. “At this moment, the American people can’t either.”[/b]
Wo you have both proven and conceded my point? Cool.
If that is your take it’s no wonder the public is turning on Biden and Harris.
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 2924