Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751061 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12420 on: July 21, 2021, 01:57:42 PM »

Lots of folks can justify a sort of partial racism to themselves,  like "I'm not racist about the important stuff, yay equality, yay easy voting access, but I am seeing all these people looking for handouts or conducting muggings in the park and I know my totally random sample shows most of them are [favorite blamed group]...."  They clamp onto this Racism Lite and pretend they're just shrewd observations about socioeconomic status.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: July 21, 2021, 01:59:56 PM »

I gotta watch more CSPAN.  Would have loved to see this sparring:

"Maybe it's your presidential aspirations, I don't know, but you're turning to political purposes," Menendez told Cruz toward the end of their spat, his voice rising in apparent anger. "You held over every nominee. Every nominee! I've never seen that."

Cruz cut in loudly: "I did so for a policy that, Mr. Chairman, you used to support ... that the Biden administration has deliberately undercut and given a gift to Putin and Russia."

Somebody should teach you how to use the internet.

It's available for your viewing pleasure, Kid.

Should Kid really be entitled to see the workings of the government he so fervently supports overthrowing?

The more he watches, the less mischief he can get into.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: July 21, 2021, 02:06:47 PM »

Christina Pascucci

3 hours · 

Here is the interview I promised with an Afghan man who is fleeing Taliban violence with his family.

I cut this down from 40 minutes but was sure to maintain clarity of his message.

Thank you, Noor, for your bravery. I pray for your family’s safety.

Stay tuned for a multi-part series on the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

If you know any impacted Southern California families or troops, please DM me.

Here is the link for the interview...

https://youtu.be/xX0CyZrQygQ

----

Thanks Christina, we need to continue to support the good people in Afghanistan.

Here is what Senator Jacky Rosen of Nevada just said about Afghanistan...

Sen. Jacky Rosen
Public Official ·

As our troops return home, we must not turn our backs on the Afghan people and the progress we have made. I spoke with Afghan Members of Parliament about developments on the ground and to express my support for continued U.S. economic, diplomatic, and counterterrorism engagement.

https://www.facebook.com/SenJackyRosen/

I agree with Senator Rosen.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: July 21, 2021, 02:16:55 PM »

"Maybe it's your presidential aspirations, I don't know, but you're turning to political purposes," Menendez told Cruz toward the end of their spat, his voice rising in apparent anger. "You held over every nominee. Every nominee! I've never seen that."

Cruz cut in loudly: "I did so for a policy that, Mr. Chairman, you used to support ... that the Biden administration has deliberately undercut and given a gift to Putin and Russia."

And I said...

Have to watch more.

Are you an imbecile?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: July 21, 2021, 02:17:22 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7/21/2041113/-Pelosi-vetos-Republican-appointments-of-Banks-Jordan-to-House-insurrection-probe

Pelosi let’s McCarthy know that only Americans in good standing can serve on the 1/6 committee, immediately eliminating Jordan and Banks.

McCarthy, a most fragile snowflake with considerable criminal liability in the matter, pulls his whole gang.

Fortunately Liz Cheney is still on board so we know the committee will be fully non-biased and bipartisan in its conduct of the investigation.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: July 21, 2021, 02:27:26 PM »

I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Difference between race RELATED commentary and RACISM

And on this board it would be tough not to participate in discussion on race, 

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

It's silly, it's unfair, it's lazy and it's TIRED.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: July 21, 2021, 02:34:10 PM »

And I said...

Have to watch more.

Are you an imbecile?

And you also said "Would have loved to see this sparring," Kid.

So, I am telling you HOW YOU CAN SEE THAT SPARRING.

Which of us is the imbecile?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: July 21, 2021, 02:35:42 PM »

There is a difference. We can tell what it is.

You, Ward, Bambu, and Piggy are not subtle.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: July 21, 2021, 02:36:15 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: July 21, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »

I think if you are a racist dick on this board, you are a racist dick in real life. You just may adjust your behavior to avoid getting punched in the nose. Or, from seeing the effect of your comments on actual people, which should make you feel bad/ashamed. Unless you are a sociopath [cough] Forrest [/cough].

Comments taking a stance vs a person or group representing or stating views in favor of certain race-related benefit or AGAINST members of another race - comments used as a DEFLECTION by a poster - cannot and should never paint this responder as a racist

Are you tired of being called out for racism? Stop making racist posts and promoting other people’s racist posts and linking to racist articles from racist propaganda outlets.

Also, loudly and publicly repudiating the republican party would go a long way to rehabilitating your image.

If you did that, next time someone called you a racist I might be inclined to disagree.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

At this time, the shoe, the brown shirt, the white hood, and the proud boy neck tattoo all fit.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12431 on: July 21, 2021, 03:45:56 PM »

Sure - news flash - not all Republicans - or Democrats - support everything the others within party do.

It's called the USA.

Members of Congress also often take stances they know will not be backed by a majority

Again - it's called THE USA.  This is how governing works.

As you were...

It’s how governing doesn’t work...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12432 on: July 21, 2021, 04:04:46 PM »

I like Menendez, generally.

Green Eggs and Ham
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12433 on: July 21, 2021, 04:05:25 PM »

Congratulations to Jeff Bezos!
Another bright chapter is the annals of American entrepreneurship, capitalism, and a fee country built on the rule of law.
That, and paying 0 federal income taxes for 12 years.

Public company, no?

Do you have Amazon in your funds?

Irrelevant, Kid - the comment was about his tax paying, not Amazon's.

But Bezos only paid zero taxes in two of those dozen years, according to ProPublica's report. Further,

For the years he did pay federal income taxes between 2006 and 2018, Bezos paid a total of about $1.4 billion on a reported income of $6.5 billion, or a rate of about 21.5%. That reported income does not include the vast increase to his net worth during the same period — about $127 billion, according to Forbes — due to his stake in Amazon.

Not enough, perhaps, but a lot more than nothing.
You are right. I misread the article. Sorry.

I hope it's the worst mistake you make for the rest of your life!

And I wish others could be half so gracious in admitting their mistakes.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12434 on: July 21, 2021, 04:11:38 PM »

Nothing a racist hates more than being called a racist.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 2924