Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750871 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12600 on: July 23, 2021, 12:47:00 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

"This week, just three states Florida, Texas and Missouri, three states with lower vaccination rates accounted for 40 percent of all cases nationwide," Zients said at a White House news conference. "For the second week in a row, one in five of all cases occurring in Florida alone. And within communities, these cases are primarily among unvaccinated people."

Ward wants to keep insisting it's Biden driving the low vaccination numbers or distrust of Trump as expressed by Harris, et al.

But the locations of the hot spots puts the lie to that stretch of bullshit by Ward.

States with 17% of the country's population gave us 40% of the new COVID-19 cases, with them being overwhelmingly not vaccinated.

And all "led" by GOP members.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: July 23, 2021, 01:28:22 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/07/06/sheffield-lake-police-chief-anthony-campo-resigns-after-kkk-note/7873455002/

A wannabe Bull Connor becomes a later day Kidcarter, unemployed, unemployable, outed as a racist, and widely despised.

Like Ward and his hero Gym Jordan, another white Ohioan who spreads disgrace on his family, his town, and his whole county.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: July 23, 2021, 01:48:26 AM »

http://patch.com/ohio/cleveland/ohio-covid-19-spread-encouraged-person-education-study

Yet another case of listen to Red and you’re dead.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: July 23, 2021, 02:37:02 AM »

Oh, wait. McCarthy appointed two Trumpist sycophants and when they were excluded pretended he was offended and pulled the rest of his appointments, even though they were acceptable.

Yep

Where did it say Pelosi had to accept those put up?  She just made that up, right?  Acted out.  Sad.  She could have had her bipartisan commission...
Oh Mother of.God. if the Repos wanted a bipartisan commission THEY SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THE ONE THEY NEGOTIATED.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: July 23, 2021, 02:38:41 AM »

Liz is one of the Pelosi choices.

Seems she had a 7-5 advantage if she accepted McCarthy's 5 names.

Again - please correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong.

The only reason to name Jordan to the select committee was to derail it.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: July 23, 2021, 03:44:08 AM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-matt-gaetz-marjorie-taylor-greene-fundraising-tour-is-actually-a-cash-fire?ref=home

Went about as well as the tax scam republicans run.

Republican Roid rage and ruin knows no bounds.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: July 23, 2021, 08:29:42 AM »

kid what do you care how they vote?

While I understand this could be grand political theatre, and a stage for possible posturing, I want an honest panel who want to find the truth and who's responsible.
PERIOD.

Sure

All good.

The votes - as it was laid out initially - would have been necessary to subpoena.  A majority - or a nod from both the chair and vice chair.

I think I have that right.

Along with the committee's role of information gathering re:  actions of the rioters of 1/6 the Dem witch hunt includes a plan to subpoena - McCarthy, Trump and others from the other side of the aisle in a political move to better Democrat chances in '22 and '24 races.

The impeachment was a sham - and took away from good governing.  We should all fear this will be as well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: July 23, 2021, 08:31:58 AM »

As for "who is responsible?" - you mean for EXTREMISM?  Can be asked on a number of fronts. ANTIFA and BLM included.  A good point made by our side.  And tossed aside by much of yours.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: July 23, 2021, 08:50:41 AM »

As for "who is responsible?" - you mean for EXTREMISM?  Can be asked on a number of fronts. ANTIFA and BLM
SQUIRREL!
included.  A good point made by our side. 
No it is not. The assault on the Capitol was not made by "extremism" it was made by right wing extremists trying to overturn a fair, free and honest.electio . It would be like the 9/11 Commission deciding to look at "religious extremism" and spending time investigating the Westboro Baptist Church.. it me.be "a" problem, but is not the problem at hand.
And tossed aside by much of yours.
As it should be.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: July 23, 2021, 08:51:22 AM »

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

To answer these questions, this analysis compiles and analyzes an original data set of 893 terrorist plots and attacks in the United States between January 1994 and May 2020.

This analysis makes several arguments. First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020. Second, terrorism in the United States will likely increase over the next year in response to several factors. One of the most concerning is the 2020 U.S. presidential election, before and after which extremists may resort to violence....   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: July 23, 2021, 09:16:00 AM »

heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: July 23, 2021, 09:23:00 AM »

heh

Yeah, domestic terrorism sure is a laughing matter!

I am sure those who've lost family or friends to it will join you in your amusement.

Of course you're amused - you support the beliefs behind more than 2/3rds of it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: July 23, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »

Yeah, domestic terrorism sure is a laughing matter!

No - but how certain outlets qualify terrorism certainly is

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: July 23, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »

See you guys around.   Thanks for some good times,  illuminating chats, web tidbits. 

Thought:  when you don't temp ban for trolling,  pretty soon all you'll have is trolling and reactions to the trolling.   All honest discussion evaporates. 

You've still got some good sports threads,  so I think Elba will keep on rolling.   I'll try to look in FTtT,  maybe drop in a movie review.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 2924