Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751427 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13815 on: August 11, 2021, 01:24:55 PM »

Kids aren't dying, Josh

And the ones that do are sadly those who already have very bad maladies/illnesses.

My kid is staying home.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: August 11, 2021, 01:27:36 PM »

It's been a while, so I don't remember the exact timeframe.  But basically the local officials dithered and then covered-up for a few weeks.  Roughly Dec 20 - Jan 10.  Though the first week of uncertainty might well be excusable.  Sometime circa Jan 10 or so, the central gov't finally got solid unfiltered scientific info. And took a week or ten days to decide how to react.  Lockdowns ordered Jan 22.  Mistakes and delays were plentiful.

But the notion of a disregard for people in other countries is just nonsense you conjured up out of nothing.  Of course, discussing anything with RSW is a waste of time, and I shall disengage.  RSW gets the last word.  Time to WIN! with some snarky unsupported comment.

Otherwise I always thought it was silly to refer to the virus as CV-19, when it was only discovered at the tail end of 2019, but it's impact and spread was in 2020.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 01:34:19 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: August 11, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »

"Maddow" finished behind 12 different Fox News programs in the demo, as "Tucker Carlson Tonight," "Hannity," "The Five," "The Ingraham Angle," "Special Report with Bret Baier," "Gutfeld!," "Fox News Primetime," Your World with Neil Cavuto," Outnumbered," "The Story with Martha MacCallum," "Fox & Friends" and "America Reports" all finished with larger audiences than MSNBC’s most popular program in the key category.

Meanwhile, MSNBC’s flagship morning program "Morning Joe" failed to crack 100,000 demo viewers for the first time since October 2015.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-struggles

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: August 11, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »

Also, this is when, during a GOP administration, Ward would be popping in to boast about the DJIA and record territory: 35,443.72 at the moment.

Higher percentage increase at this point during Biden's term than the same point during Trump's term.

Must be fake news again, huh?
The inflation isn’t.
All economic gains in wages have been wiped out under Biden.
I’m betting his staggering spending bills will get nixed by nervous legislators over the mid terms.

You are a shoe bomber for white ponzi jesus, a minor terrorist confused by the terrible twists in your ideology and catechism.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: August 11, 2021, 01:36:46 PM »

When did Delta come to the fore? It was identified in December, but it wasn't even big news until after that study's data accumulation.

You're a year off.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13820 on: August 11, 2021, 01:39:27 PM »

"Maddow" finished behind 12 different Fox News programs in the demo, as "Tucker Carlson Tonight," "Hannity," "The Five," "The Ingraham Angle," "Special Report with Bret Baier," "Gutfeld!," "Fox News Primetime," Your World with Neil Cavuto," Outnumbered," "The Story with Martha MacCallum," "Fox & Friends" and "America Reports" all finished with larger audiences than MSNBC’s most popular program in the key category.

Meanwhile, MSNBC’s flagship morning program "Morning Joe" failed to crack 100,000 demo viewers for the first time since October 2015.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-struggles

HL Mencken had a famous quote about that....

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: August 11, 2021, 02:09:20 PM »

Clearly the issue of defunding or not defunding the police (as well as what it means) involves national politicians in the Senate, the House, and the White House.

How do I know that?

Because Senator Tuberville put forth an amendment calling for punishment of communities that defund their police,

Senator Booker was excited about that proposed amendment:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/08/11/cory-booker-tommy-tuberville-defund-the-police-newday-vpx.cnn
I'm sure Coach Tuberville can draw up a game plan, but I assume that Red is embarrassed by good coach's grasp of federalism.
Maybe you can explain the amendment and it’s 99-0 vote.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13822 on: August 11, 2021, 02:21:22 PM »

Clearly the issue of defunding or not defunding the police (as well as what it means) involves national politicians in the Senate, the House, and the White House.

How do I know that?

Because Senator Tuberville put forth an amendment calling for punishment of communities that defund their police,

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/08/11/cory-booker-tommy-tuberville-defund-the-police-newday-vpx.cnn
I'm sure Coach Tuberville can draw up a game plan, but I assume that Red is embarrassed by good coach's grasp of federalism.

Booker trolled you and the Dems jumped in with both feet.

Good luck running the “Defund The Police” scary black people messaging in 2022.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: August 11, 2021, 02:35:00 PM »

How do I know that?

Scoreboard!!!!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: August 11, 2021, 04:00:17 PM »

How do I know that?

The vote is easy to explain. Conservatives like you don’t really give a fuck about concepts.of Federalism. 
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: August 11, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »

How do I know that?

Scoreboard!!!!!!
Thanks. I knew you didn’t think that one through.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: August 11, 2021, 04:33:52 PM »

The Taliban will be totally in control of all of Afghanistan in about 90 days.
Kabul will fall soon, then the rest of the country.

Same thing will happen in America if the patriots disappear.
Long live patriots who love the flag and the national
anthem.
Federal govt should issue a National Patriot Card to all prepared to swear allegiance to the USA above all others.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:38:01 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: August 11, 2021, 04:44:18 PM »

The Taliban will be totally in control of all of Afghanistan in about 90 days.
Kabul will fall soon, then the rest of the country.

Same thing will happen in America if the patriots disappear.
Long live patriots who love the flag and the national
anthem.
Federal govt should issue a National Patriot Card to all prepared to swear allegiance to the USA above all others.
?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 2924