Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750945 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14610 on: August 22, 2021, 08:47:13 AM »

To those who have a hard time accepting the reality of a poorly executed exit strategy, where there appeared to be no strategy other than, "lets get the fuck out of here" and can not accept that sometimes a democrat makes poor choices, I'd suggest they take their head out their ass and stop being so fucking defensive. 

There's nothing gleeful in admitting to a mistake that cost lives, perhaps the faith of allies, some of our global prestige, and likely will carry a political cost.

Biden ran a fucking shit show in his hasty exit from Afghanistan and there is collateral damage.

But to deny that reality is to live in a fantasy world.

To see the Biden apologists here is a unfortunate.

He fucked up.

And its ok to call him out.

I'm pretty sure Larry will forgive you.   

Eventually.

There were no good choices, but probably some were better than others.

And no one here is in a good position to really assess, but I'd think some hard negotiations and a show of force. and maybe some of Bart's honey could have bought the required time to exit that shit hole with some additional lives, some dignity and covered with a whole lot less Afghan shit.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: August 22, 2021, 08:57:22 AM »

I’ve been banned on Twitter!

Larry Bellinger
@LarryBnDC
@w_terrence The only way you could be a bigger Sambo/Coon is if you were taller.
Aug 20, 2021, 8:49 PM

A sign of weakness, not deserving of a badge of honor

But we noticed you, LB.  I guess that is something.

Noticed? Why does anyone post anything in this forum if not to be noticed huh, Bund bro?

You know, the dumbing down of the horror perpetrated by  REAL NAZIS in order to score political points for your Uber-liberal views, which YOU and Fac regularly put forth here, is another indicator of your laziness and lack of creativity.

Try something different.

Something fresh.

Something that comes a lot closer to the respect you demand only for yourself and others of your ilk.

Try practicing what you preach, because as it is, your invective only serves to undermine your message.

You can't stand up and preach brotherhood, and equality, and then work like hell to demonize anyone who disagrees with you.

Or you can.

Go ahead. Continue to demonstrate such abject hypocrisy.

That way you'll remain being the phoney we have always known you to be.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:03:15 AM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14612 on: August 22, 2021, 09:05:18 AM »

The end of a 20 year cluserfuck of a war was bound to end in a clusterfuck.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14613 on: August 22, 2021, 09:44:15 AM »

Larry Bellinger
@LarryBnDC
@w_terrence The only way you could be a bigger Sambo/Coon is if you were taller.

Noticed? Why does anyone post anything in this forum if not to be noticed huh, Bund bro?

You know, the dumbing down of the horror perpetrated by  REAL NAZIS in order to score political points for your Uber-liberal views, which YOU and Fac regularly put forth here, is another indicator of your laziness and lack of creativity.

Try something different.

Something fresh.

Something that comes a lot closer to the respect you demand only for yourself and others of your ilk.

Try practicing what you preach, because as it is, your invective only serves to undermine your message.

You can't stand up and preach brotherhood, and equality, and then work like hell to demonize anyone who disagrees with you.

Or you can.

Real Nazis...

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: August 22, 2021, 10:12:10 AM »

Donald Trump was elected in the first place because he sounded exactly like the drunk at the end of the bar who’s read two Tom Clancy novels and several tweets about vaccines’ supposed link to autism and so naturally sounds like the smartest guy in the room. After all, they’re drunk, too, and he’s just like them, except marginally more erudite because, you know, he’s read two books and they haven’t read any. (Honestly, all the think pieces about why Trump appeals to his base could probably be thrown in the trash. Occam’s razor, folks. They like him because he’s just as gutter stupid and racist as they are. I don’t think it goes very far beyond that.)   

(from the Daily KO that Fac shared, on the Fox "kill everyone" guest)

The problem with this very amusing paragraph is that there's a part of the base that's gullible and actually believe Trump is smart and that he's really not racist - they're not gutter stupid or racist,  which is actually kind of chilling.  Because it means that decent well-intentioned people who don't have the time or energy to track facts down will very naively swallow Far Right propaganda whole.   And that's the really scary prospect for our democracy's future.   It won't just be gutter stupids who elect the next white nationalist demagogue.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14615 on: August 22, 2021, 10:24:35 AM »

Donald Trump was elected in the first place because he sounded exactly like the drunk at the end of the bar who’s read two Tom Clancy novels and several tweets about vaccines’ supposed link to autism and so naturally sounds like the smartest guy in the room. After all, they’re drunk, too, and he’s just like them, except marginally more erudite because, you know, he’s read two books and they haven’t read any. (Honestly, all the think pieces about why Trump appeals to his base could probably be thrown in the trash. Occam’s razor, folks. They like him because he’s just as gutter stupid and racist as they are. I don’t think it goes very far beyond that.)   

(from the Daily KO that Fac shared, on the Fox "kill everyone" guest)

The problem with this very amusing paragraph is that there's a part of the base that's gullible and actually believe Trump is smart and that he's really not racist - they're not gutter stupid or racist,  which is actually kind of chilling.  Because it means that decent well-intentioned people who don't have the time or energy to track facts down will very naively swallow Far Right propaganda whole.   And that's the really scary prospect for our democracy's future.   It won't just be gutter stupids who elect the next white nationalist demagogue.

They like Trump because they believe he hates the same folks they hate.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/8/18173678/trump-shutdown-voter-florida

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: August 22, 2021, 11:48:05 AM »

That’s why we’ve got to hunt the trumps, Bannons, Falwells of the world in their caves and spider holes and take off enough of their faces that going forward it looks odd and very disconcerting when they get out there and lie to their victims.

To a supper shitty and nutty few, this would only serve to bolster their credentials as truth tellers, but for most sheep this would serve as a strong enough indicator to get them to start grazing elsewhere and to leave the right-wing horse-piss kool-aid alone.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: August 22, 2021, 12:25:57 PM »

Larry Bellinger
@LarryBnDC

Try something different.

Something fresh.

Or you can.

Real Nazis...

heh

Doubling down on your ignorance?

No surprise.

We get the code.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: August 22, 2021, 12:40:58 PM »

Hammy shows up hoping to borrow wit or class as he neglected once again to bring any of his own.

Hip dysplasia acting up again, Hams?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: August 22, 2021, 01:29:12 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/08/matt-hawn-tennessee-teacher-fired-white-privilege/619770

He Taught a Ta-Nehisi Coates Essay. Then He Was Fired.
Matt Hawn says he was helping his students in Blountville, Tennessee, learn to critically evaluate contemporary debates.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: August 22, 2021, 01:32:33 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/08/matt-hawn-tennessee-teacher-fired-white-privilege/619770

Matt Hawn says he was helping his students in Blountville, Tennessee, learn to critically evaluate contemporary debates.

Cancel culture strikes again.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14622 on: August 22, 2021, 01:45:09 PM »

Larry Bellinger
@LarryBnDC

Try something different.

Something fresh.

Or you can.

Real Nazis...

heh

Doubling down on your ignorance?

No surprise.

We get the code.

Code?

Time to reline your hat because the signals are getting through

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #14623 on: August 22, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »

Cancel culture strikes again.

Scopes Trial,  move over.  Tennessee aims for another milestone in oppressive mind control.   The class was "Contemporary Issues, " but it's only the issues where the discussion can be carefully controlled and America can do no wrong.     

Holly Martins

« Reply #14624 on: August 22, 2021, 02:04:55 PM »

BTW, for those assumed (like me) that DailyKos meant "Daily Knockouts," as in a metaphor for hard-hitting journalism, that turns out to be wrong.

Daily Kos was founded in 2002 by Markos Moulitsas and takes the name Kos from the last syllable of his first name, his nickname while in the military.
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 2924