Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756777 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15872 on: September 09, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »

But, like many, I am tired of the trite lectures to subscribe to one set of views (the left's) and being told that unless i do just that, I am a racist...

When was the Left ever "one set of views" ?  If you're suggesting Simone de Beauvoir, Leon Trotsky, FDR, Noam Chomsky, HG Wells, Gandhi, George Bernard Shaw, William Jennings Bryan and Karl Marx were all on the same page, you need to put the bong down and take a walk.

Left is a very vague term, very big umbrella, that shares a few broad opinions on people-centered economics and social freedoms, but it's far from one set of views.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15873 on: September 09, 2021, 01:11:36 PM »

Sorry, but I won't apologize for things that are beyond my control---like when I arrived on the planet and in what shade.
That you claim people are asking you to is a symptom of your racism.
Successful people recognize and take advantage of the opportunities that come their way, they set goals and work to achieve them.

From your ivory tower, you pontificate how you'd prefer a constant rewriting of the script, so that the success is constantly redefined and the road to it is paved entirely with good intentions---and we all know where that ends up.

Unsuccessful people make excuses, blame others for their problems, and whine incessantly.

Like you.
As is this.

So, according to you... Working is racism.
You keep proving you don't read well.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: September 09, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »

But, like many, I am tired of the trite lectures to subscribe to one set of views (the left's) and being told that unless i do just that, I am a racist...

When was the Left ever "one set of views" ?  If you're suggesting Simone de Beauvoir, Leon Trotsky, FDR, Noam Chomsky, HG Wells, Gandhi, George Bernard Shaw, William Jennings Bryan and Karl Marx were all on the same page, you need to put the bong down and take a walk.

Left is a very vague term, very big umbrella, that shares a few broad opinions on people-centered economics and social freedoms, but it's far from one set of views.
For Forrest, left and woke are nothing more than concepts that allow him to look in a mirror without saying, Holy Moses, I AM a monster! They have no real connection to the real world.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: September 09, 2021, 01:25:13 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: September 09, 2021, 01:26:50 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-hospitalizations-nonvaccinated

Simple stuff =

GET THE VACCINE, minority Democrats.

Larry's folk - get fuckin stuck already.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: September 09, 2021, 01:52:17 PM »

"Evacuees from Afghanistan who are on terror watchlists won't be allowed into America"...tv news.
Hooray!

Obviously modern man cannot change their mideival minds about anything.
Modern men like yourself should spell correctly.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15879 on: September 09, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »

Beware 9/11/21...Islamic terrorists like Al Qaeda love blowing up the 'Christian' West on anniversaries.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15880 on: September 09, 2021, 01:58:20 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-hospitalizations-nonvaccinated

Simple stuff =

GET THE VACCINE, minority Democrats.

Larry's folk - get fuckin stuck already.

Bullshit...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15881 on: September 09, 2021, 02:04:01 PM »

Of course, one reason that more emphasis is put on Republican hesitancy than low vaccination rates among Black Americans is that there are a lot more Republicans. There are about twice as many Republicans as there are Black people in the United States. In New York City, there are more unvaccinated White people than Black people, despite the difference in vaccination rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/04/what-about-black-people-defense-republican-vaccine-hesitancy/

Comparing rates for Whites and Blacks does suggest that there is greater hesitancy with the latter group, a population that overwhelmingly votes Democratic. But if Black is being used as a proxy for those on the left, White is necessarily being used as a proxy for those on the right  which is not fair, since so many White Americans are also Democrats. In other words, Republicans are (probably subconsciously) trying to use the fact that most Republicans are White to imply that most Whites are Republican, which is not  true. The reality is that Black vaccination rates do reflect a greater hesitancy than is true of Whites overall, but Blacks are less hesitant that White Republicans, the focal point of the aforementioned criticism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/24/republicans-keep-hiding-behind-white-democrats-shift-vaccine-hesitancy-blame-onto-blacks/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 03:10:42 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: September 09, 2021, 02:07:31 PM »

Australia is putting evacuees from Afghanistan under a very large microscope...to make sure no terrorists are imported.
The procession of Islamic terrorists thru the courts over the last 20 years has been very stressful and worrying.
Terror trials currently in France, don't what that sort of horror in bambuworld anymore.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15883 on: September 09, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »

The guy who wrote this, I do not think anything is gained by banning the use of certain words., also wrote this: Disbanding and barring the GOP would end their decades long cycle of child abuse.

So, he doesn't want to ban certain words, but supports banning an entire political party.

This is not an American, or any kind of thinking American, for sure.

You cannot be for the First Amendment, and then advocate banning an entire political party.

The GOP needs to go the way of Carthage.

Smashed to rubble, burned to ash and sown into the earth with salt.

And the way to do that is to defeat them at the polls. But advocating a banning them is un-American. And you know it.

They give zero fucks about the electoral process. And you know it. See January 6, 2021.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texags/article/Gov-Abbott-to-sign-hard-fought-Texas-elections-16440223.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HC_AfternoonReport&utm_term=news&utm_content=headlines&sid=603f117c8ccdcb10a5294724

So, you're already waving the white flag?

Sad.

The GOP waved the white flag and surrendered any pretense of supporting democracy through free and fair elections

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/terrorized-us-election-workers-get-little-help-law-enforcement-2021-09-08/

Defeat them. And quit whining.

We did defeat them at the polls in 2020 and now they are cheating. But we should beat them anyway, right?

Idiot.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15884 on: September 09, 2021, 02:20:41 PM »

Gavin Newsome will probably survive recall.
So why play the race card ?
Because he is a protected privileged white guy in a democrat state.
Josh et al look the other way

Larry Elder is a white supremacist.

Sounds even funnier when YOU say it.

I am not laughing.

Of course not. That would require a sense of humor, which you've never shown here.

There is nothing funny about Elder, who is the mentor of Stephen Miller. being a white supremacist considering Miller is a Jewish Nazi.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 2927