Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756701 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15855 on: September 08, 2021, 10:00:54 PM »

Thanks Josh, I agree that it is horrible how we treat our homeless. We need to help our homeless.

The people who helped me when I was homeless were very wealthy people from the Philippines. They were good Christian people who were servants of the Lord, and my friend Lisa was born wealthy and she spent her whole life giving her money away. She bought mansions and filled the mansions with homeless people, and then she cooked meals for the homeless. She was my hero. And she was what America is all about, helping the homeless who come to our shores, and free enterprise, she owned a night club, and a lot of other businesses. And my doctor is from the Philippines. The people from the Philippines are coming to the USA and they are helping the homeless people here. And so, if I buy a vineyard and winery in Tuscany, then I am going to hire people from the Philippines to work there, to pay back my friends who helped me, and I can cook for my workers, we can have parties, etc.

And I support the workers. I support UNIONS, and I support the workers being able to buy nice houses and to be able to support a family, and send the children to college, etc. Instead of the money going to the government, or to some greedy corporation, I would rather see the money go to the workers. I want for the workers to have nice homes, etc.

For me, all I ever wanted was an even break, if someone gave me a chance then I did my very best for them, even when the pay was low. I wanted to work. And especially in Show Business, where even "The Young and the Restless" pays $30,000 per week, you can work for 2 weeks and then buy a new Jeep. The money can be great in the Entertainment Industry if you make it. But it is a gamble. Millions try, and only a few succeed, but the ones who succeed can become immortal. I live in Hollywood, I had to try to make it in Show Business. And I saw the beautiful young actresses, and the Playboy Playmates, I had to try to make it in Show Business. I am not the only guy who ended up homeless in Hollywood. But, I still have a great movie script, that might help me to move to Italy and start a family, I can find a young woman of about 30, and start a family.

I just want an even break. And when people are honest, and when people work hard, then they need to be able to succeed.

And the Rogers family should have been huge like the Kennedys and other wealthy and influential American families. They should be rich, not working at Burger King. It pisses me off. They should have went to Harvard, and Pepperdine, and to Stanford, etc.

Roy Rogers was a great man who loved the USA, and he gave his money away to orphans and stuff, the more he had then the more he gave away to charity. He had a good life. He was happy. He was a great man.

And Ronald Reagan was head of SAG, he helped the actors to get retirement and health care, and then as President of the United States he made our immigrants legal so that they could join unions, and so that they could call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. And Reagan improved the whole world economy, and he spoke out against the Berlin Wall. Reagan was a great man. I saw him speak at Edwards once when a Space Shuttle landed.

We need to help the homeless, and the people who work hard need to be able to buy homes, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:09:05 PM by FlyingVProd »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: September 08, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »

Gavin Newsome will probably survive recall.
So why play the race card ?
Because he is a protected privileged white guy in a democrat state.
Josh et al look the other way

Larry Elder is a white supremacist.

Sounds even funnier when YOU say it.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #15857 on: September 08, 2021, 10:32:33 PM »

As is the case with most people,  Roy Rogers is one of the great American icons of my life.   Tony,  could you say more about him,  expand at greater length on the lamentable injustices he and his family suffered?   Daily reminders would be ideal,  but I don't want to be greedy.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15858 on: September 08, 2021, 11:09:24 PM »

I am not laughing.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: September 09, 2021, 05:10:16 AM »

"Evacuees from Afghanistan who are on terror watchlists won't be allowed into America"...tv news.
Hooray!
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: September 09, 2021, 10:57:30 AM »

Kristi Noem has a sad tax story as well.

Kristi Noem is a sad tax story.

As ever, the need to point fingers, to find somebody outside of us to blame is huge.

This is even true for those trying to blame the folks for whom attribution of responsibility to society is rationale.
Kristi Noem is a rising star.
She is a threat only to democrats
And the people of her state. Objectively.
Not even close.
But then you know that
Literal and objectively a threat to the people of her state.
But then you know that.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: September 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »

Sorry, but I won't apologize for things that are beyond my control---like when I arrived on the planet and in what shade.
That you claim people are asking you to is a symptom of your racism.
Successful people recognize and take advantage of the opportunities that come their way, they set goals and work to achieve them.

From your ivory tower, you pontificate how you'd prefer a constant rewriting of the script, so that the success is constantly redefined and the road to it is paved entirely with good intentions---and we all know where that ends up.

Unsuccessful people make excuses, blame others for their problems, and whine incessantly.

Like you.
As is this.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: September 09, 2021, 11:03:55 AM »

Nobody asked for an apology.

It is not Ham's fault that he was born white.

Nor is claiming he has privilege a slur against him - he neither did nothing to deserve it nor can do anything to eliminate (while living in this country and these years).

The only question becomes - for each of us, not just him (Ham) - what does one do with one's privilege? How does one use it to uplift those who do not have it?

And I am not asking that here, in this space, seeking answers. I am posing the question because we need to be asking it of ourselves.

I don't really give a fuck whether Ham, Kid, Ward, Banks, or anybody else likes "woke" as a term any more than about "privilege."

The concepts exist independent of the use of them or the misappropriation of them. Be aware of your unearned advantages, whether you think of it as privilege or not. Be aware of how others without those opportunities or with extra hurdles suffer and/or are held back, no more through their fault than the advantages were your fault.

And if you do that and you bother trying to help other folks to do the same, then you can refer to yourself as a social justice warrior or you can just say you are doing the right thing. Or that you are striving to be a mensch.

I don't give a fuck about your words, just your deed.

But when you post, whether here or elsewhere those posts are deeds.

There is NO American who is under obligation to enable any other American's pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. I personally do not stand in the way of others' progress towards those goals, and I spent a career helping others reach and work toward their dreams. I have a voting record to go along with that stance.

But, like many, I am tired of the trite lectures to subscribe to one set of views (the left's) and being told that unless i do just that, I am a racist, a mysogynist,etc.

And we are asked to always give more, merely because of fate. Yes, fate. Fate plays a role in everyone's life. What you advocate ignores fate. 

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: September 09, 2021, 11:31:01 AM »

The guy who wrote this, I do not think anything is gained by banning the use of certain words., also wrote this: Disbanding and barring the GOP would end their decades long cycle of child abuse.

So, he doesn't want to ban certain words, but supports banning an entire political party.

This is not an American, or any kind of thinking American, for sure.

You cannot be for the First Amendment, and then advocate banning an entire political party.

The GOP needs to go the way of Carthage.

Smashed to rubble, burned to ash and sown into the earth with salt.

And the way to do that is to defeat them at the polls. But advocating a banning them is un-American. And you know it.

They give zero fucks about the electoral process. And you know it. See January 6, 2021.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texags/article/Gov-Abbott-to-sign-hard-fought-Texas-elections-16440223.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HC_AfternoonReport&utm_term=news&utm_content=headlines&sid=603f117c8ccdcb10a5294724

So, you're already waving the white flag?

Sad.

The GOP waved the white flag and surrendered any pretense of supporting democracy through free and fair elections

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/terrorized-us-election-workers-get-little-help-law-enforcement-2021-09-08/

Defeat them. And quit whining.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: September 09, 2021, 11:32:44 AM »

I am not laughing.

Of course not. That would require a sense of humor, which you've never shown here.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: September 09, 2021, 11:35:36 AM »

Sorry, but I won't apologize for things that are beyond my control---like when I arrived on the planet and in what shade.
That you claim people are asking you to is a symptom of your racism.
Successful people recognize and take advantage of the opportunities that come their way, they set goals and work to achieve them.

From your ivory tower, you pontificate how you'd prefer a constant rewriting of the script, so that the success is constantly redefined and the road to it is paved entirely with good intentions---and we all know where that ends up.

Unsuccessful people make excuses, blame others for their problems, and whine incessantly.

Like you.
As is this.

So, according to you... Working is racism.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: September 09, 2021, 12:11:23 PM »

But that's not an issue for the LAUSD school board, Franklin told CNN, saying, "We understand the benefits far outweigh the risks, and so the emergency authorization really isn't weighing into our decision."

Benefits far outweigh the risks

Funny - that is what those that do not want masks required say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/us/los-angeles-schools-vaccine-mandate-students/index.html
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: September 09, 2021, 12:34:09 PM »

"Evacuees from Afghanistan who are on terror watchlists won't be allowed into America"...tv news.
Hooray!

Obviously modern man cannot change their mideival minds about anything.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: September 09, 2021, 12:42:13 PM »

But that's not an issue for the LAUSD school board, Franklin told CNN, saying, "We understand the benefits far outweigh the risks, and so the emergency authorization really isn't weighing into our decision."

Benefits far outweigh the risks

Funny - that is what those that do not want masks required say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/us/los-angeles-schools-vaccine-mandate-students/index.html

The benefits of wearing masks far outweigh the risks. Requiring masks in schools and other buildings where crowds gather is the right policy.  Some idiots disagree but those idiots are wrong.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 2927