Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751028 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16245 on: September 14, 2021, 02:51:03 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.
The vaccine mandate proposed by Biden is unconstitutional.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.
I already have. We covered this when the issue first came up in 2020.
The Federal Government cannot not impose mandates on the states.
New York v. United States (1992) would be a good precedent to learn.
It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
The mandate being worked on by OSHA.
Biden is trying to work around the Constitution.
Not even in the ball park for the NY v US case. You could drop a nuclear bomb on the NY case and OSHA regulating work place health and safety would not even get radiation burns. The right wing web site you are pulling the argument from is playing you for a gullible ass.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16246 on: September 14, 2021, 02:59:49 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.
It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.

SUCKER
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: September 14, 2021, 03:38:28 PM »

Not even in the ball park for the NY v US case. You could drop a nuclear bomb on the NY case and OSHA regulating work place health and safety would not even get radiation burns. The right wing web site you are pulling the argument from is playing you for a gullible ass.
the Ball Park is the Constitution.
NY vs. US established Congress is limited by the Constitution in laws dealing with state mandates.
The President  gets his power from Congress and the Constitution. Neither of which grant him the power to establish state Mandates.
Ergo, as the cited case affirms, the Federal Government has no power to establish state mandates.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: September 14, 2021, 03:46:43 PM »

When did you pass a bar exam, Red?  Your use of "ergo" turns me on.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: September 14, 2021, 04:02:48 PM »

The Atlantic shines new light on Covid hospitalizations
Could be that a sizable number were admitted for other reasons.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: September 14, 2021, 04:05:11 PM »

When did you pass a bar exam, Red?  Your use of "ergo" turns me on.

ERGO
adverb
Therefore
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:06:50 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16251 on: September 14, 2021, 04:09:25 PM »

NY vs. US established Congress is limited by the Constitution in laws dealing with state mandates.
The President  gets his power from Congress and the Constitution. Neither of which grant him the power to establish state Mandates.
Ergo, as the cited case affirms, the Federal Government has no power to establish state mandates.

The Federal Government has oversight for workplaces through OSHA.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16252 on: September 14, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »

The Atlantic shines new light on Covid hospitalizations
Could be that a sizable number were admitted for other reasons.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

680,000 dead....

Nuff said

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16253 on: September 14, 2021, 04:19:56 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: September 14, 2021, 04:21:57 PM »

Any source given here would be FLAMED by your side as not being impartial.

It's a road not worth going down.  You'd ignore it - or ridicule the source - depending on your mood.

Kid, do you understand the difference between sources that are reputable and those that are not?

Do you understand that a website or supposed news agency that persistently posts false information is "a source" that should be ridiculed?

It's like your persistent claim that there has been substantial fraud in the 2020 election and your insistence that there is evidence of it, despite EVERY COURT TO WHICH IT WAS PRESENTED RULING IT WAS NOT EVIDENCE OF FRAUD.

Your claims deserve to be ridiculed, just as the judges in Michigan and NY have blasted the folks behind THE KRAKEN claims.

Real sources will be neither ignored nor ridiculed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: September 14, 2021, 04:33:16 PM »

Any source given here would be FLAMED by your side as not being impartial.

It's a road not worth going down.  You'd ignore it - or ridicule the source - depending on your mood.

Kid, do you understand the difference between sources that are reputable and those that are not?

Do you understand that a website or supposed news agency that persistently posts false information is "a source" that should be ridiculed?

It's like your persistent claim that there has been substantial fraud in the 2020 election and your insistence that there is evidence of it, despite EVERY COURT TO WHICH IT WAS PRESENTED RULING IT WAS NOT EVIDENCE OF FRAUD.

Your claims deserve to be ridiculed, just as the judges in Michigan and NY have blasted the folks behind THE KRAKEN claims.

Real sources will be neither ignored nor ridiculed.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: September 14, 2021, 04:45:18 PM »

The case is about mandating official state actions. What official state action does the vaccine mandate require?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: September 14, 2021, 04:48:26 PM »

The Federal Government has oversight for workplaces through OSHA.
Yes, Red apparently believes mandating safety goggles is somehow unconstitutional and just waiting for the willing Plaintiff.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: September 14, 2021, 05:06:21 PM »

The case is about mandating official state actions. What official state action does the vaccine mandate require?

There no Mandate since Biden and his gang  cannot come up with one to pass Constitutional muster.
But, as the Constitution directs and has been endorsed by SCOTUS the Federal government cannot directly compel the States to pass certain laws or act in accord with the Federal government
In Murphy v. NCAA,Justice Alito, writing for the majority,explained  that the Federal government could neither compel a State to enact legislation or forbid it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 05:12:04 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 2924