Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750592 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19920 on: November 06, 2021, 06:37:39 PM »

Good thing Nurse Nancy had her finger on the pulse of the Repubs and knew she had 13 rebel Repubs in her pocket so she could free her 6 rebel Dems to vote their conscience and play to the Progs and show their feisty progressive rebellosity

Good things that those lucky 13 didn't change their mind, but what if 8 had, at the last moment.

Banks, had enough GOP votes changed their mind to make the bill's passage in doubt, the Democrats would have been able to, as well.

Your feared scenario is just not how things work there.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19921 on: November 06, 2021, 06:47:41 PM »

Good thing Nurse Nancy had her finger on the pulse of the Repubs and knew she had 13 rebel Repubs in her pocket so she could free her 6 rebel Dems to vote their conscience and play to the Progs and show their feisty progressive rebellosity

Good things that those lucky 13 didn't change their mind, but what if 8 had, at the last moment.

Banks, had enough GOP votes changed their mind to make the bill's passage in doubt, the Democrats would have been able to, as well.

Like I posted good thing Nurse Nancy had her finger on the pulse of the Repub's pulse last night.

And knew she had 13 Repubs in her pocket.

or

cat fight on the floor.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19922 on: November 06, 2021, 06:57:57 PM »

Like I posted good thing Nurse Nancy had her finger on the pulse of the Repub's pulse last night.

or

cat fight on the floor.

And what I am saying is no cat fight on the floor.

Everybody both knew their roles and knew what to do if the other side did not play theirs.

The cat fight is in the Senate and is why the House did not vote on BBB last night. The moderate Dems promised to vote for BBB in the House the week of the 15th. There is no such commitment from Manchin or Sinema.

Yes, it is a good thing that Pelosi can do her job. But last night's vote was not a touch and go operation.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19923 on: November 06, 2021, 07:09:03 PM »

or

cat fight on the floor.

The vote by a few progressives was intended to send a message to a specific cohort.

The Democratic BASE.

The folks who powered the 2020 election AND delivered two Senators from GEORGIA to make it 50/50.

Why have Manchin and Sinema been sayang fuck you to the BASE?

You are bitching at the Progressives who just took a leap of faith that the Senate wont keep   reneging.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19924 on: November 06, 2021, 07:09:18 PM »

or

cat fight on the floor.

Not so, itchy-bitchy. Not so.

Your hated rebels held back the votes they ultimately used in protest till after the majority had been registered.

32 Senate republicans and 190 House republicans have to explain why they voted for job loss and collapsing bridges. The Squad are fine. Their voters know they were standing up for children, families, and the environment against the corrupt corporate interests, exactly why they were sent to Congress.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19925 on: November 06, 2021, 07:19:17 PM »

GO BIG

AS THE VOTES ALLOW!
AND THANK GOD FOR THE McCarthy 13 & McConnell 19 WHO JUMPED SHIP!

LMAO
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 07:34:46 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19926 on: November 06, 2021, 07:31:46 PM »

GO BIG

AS THE VOTES ALLOW!

LMAO

Why bothering winning if your party members are going to negotiate on behalf the opposition (who would just as soon say fuck it and go full on fascist then compete for 5he votes of the people they really wish were not here)  to the detriment to the only party working on behalf of the nation?

Why wont these so called moderates Senators protect the voting rights of their fucking BASE so we can get the votes we need?

You are not making sense.

Oh, by the way this is a big fucking deal and this has been a helluva year for the Democrats.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19927 on: November 06, 2021, 07:39:50 PM »

This is such terrible politics on the part of the moderates.

Spanberger says no one elected Biden to be FDR.

Why the Fuck Not?

Because the guy who drives his Maserati to his yacht does not want his people to have an entitlement mentality?

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19928 on: November 06, 2021, 07:41:19 PM »

Larry this is a big deal but not in the way you desperately mean.

This is the bi-partisan win that Biden promised and can now sell to America

I promised you I could negotiate a deal for the good of America and i delivered that deal.

I told you about 17 months ago Biden need to focus on a few wins to go into '22

-beat covid

-get America healthy and working and back to school

-deliver an infrastructure plan

and a few more geegaws (clean environment, some foreign policy)  that everyone, irrespective of party wanted.

non-controversial popular shit

and now he has a chance to market these things for '22

and avoid an electoral disaster that hands power back to the fascists.

and whether you like it or not its a team effort, Dems and Indies have to pull together or we're fucked.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 07:50:06 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19929 on: November 06, 2021, 07:54:16 PM »

GO BIG

AS THE VOTES ALLOW!
AND THANK GOD FOR THE McCarthy 13 & McConnell 19 WHO JUMPED SHIP!

LMAO

If Manchinema voted in the best interest of the party and the country there would be no need to thank God.

How many House Republicans voted for the American Rescue Plan in March?

None.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19930 on: November 06, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »

I promised you I could negotiate a deal for the good of America and i delivered that deal.

-beat covid

and a few more geegaws (clean environment, some foreign policy)  that everyone, irrespective of party wanted.

and whether you like it or not its a team effort, Dems and Indies have to pull together or we're fucked.

I told you 3.5 was beyond my wildest dream.

I said not last week

BIF plus BBB is a big fucking deal.

ARP was a big fucking deal

No GOP votes

Advance Child payments was a big fucking deal

No GOP votes

What da fuck are you crowing about.

Why do you think it is better to not play from a position of strength?

Why did people brave the elements and pestilence and suppression tactics to give the majority to a party that now will not guarantee their vot8ng access?

You are still chasing the unicorn of the white working class voter who STILL did not for your party last year.

Keep on this path and you will see an electoral disaster because the GOP states will turn over results they do not like.

It seems to me the moderate game plan was to scream about the BIF until passed and then drop BBB altogether.

Why else do you think House went back on the original agreement to pass both bills in tandem.

Progressives took a big leap of faith with proven liars to make the deal.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 08:09:41 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: November 06, 2021, 08:07:33 PM »

-beat covid

I said not last week

No GOP votes

No GOP votes

Larry you've been screaming GO BIG for months

as the #s were cut from $7T to 6T to $4.5T to 3.5T and now $1.8T.

Numbers got smaller.

The #s are the #s

GO BIG and all the social plans you wanted did not have the political support it required.

and no amount of screaming GO BIG changes that reality.

as for crowing-its the way I saw the board in June 2020

And I wanted Joe to get some wins for '22

it makes no sense to play a losing hand when everyone knows you're bluffing and thats the position that Biden found himself in, stuck with a bad hand negotiating between Manchin and the progs
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 08:12:07 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19932 on: November 06, 2021, 08:13:15 PM »

-beat covid

I said not last week

No GOP votes

No GOP votes

Larry you've been screaming GO BIG for months

as the #s were cut from $7T to 6T to $4.5T to 3.5T and now $1.8T.

Numbers got smaller.

The #s are the #s

GO BIG and all the social plans you wanted did not have the political support it required.

and no amount of screaming GO BIG changes that reality.

You keep ignoring my perspective.

But hey!

Fine you win.

You are spot on. Just like James Carville.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19933 on: November 06, 2021, 08:15:09 PM »

Banks thinks he is being pragmatic by rooting for the bad guys.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 2924