Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751115 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19965 on: November 07, 2021, 01:03:01 PM »

Banks, your confusion can be easily cleared up.

While the scope of the problems that BBB addresses requires investments in the 6 to 7 trillion dollar range, the coalition required to pass anything at all insists that any spending is fully paid for and that any paying happens without raising marginal rates. Using best practices in economics and accounting they devised a way to raise 2 trillion. Based on that number, they proposed spending 1.75 trillion of that leaving a quarter trillion of wiggle room in case the CBO wants to be more conservative in its projections so the plan will still meet the conservative parameters mentioned above. In actuality this will lead to deficit reduction. I trust the Democratic scoring and trust it will be confirmed by the CBO.

Dems do their homework on this stuff.

The party that wings it, lies about it, then tries to shift blame as its plan backfires is the republican party. The low standards and sadistic dishonesty of republicans is not universal. The republicans are criminals not politicians. Democrats are for the most part politicians and not criminals. While republicans sully the name of what they pretend to be, on the other side there are still good people who can get the job done.

How the next 4 trillion dollars of social and economic realignment is structured remains a question because that bill has not been written yet, but this 2 trillion dollar installment raises more than it spends, as the CBO is about to confirm.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19966 on: November 07, 2021, 01:08:17 PM »

It is not playing the race card when a person tells you what they heard you say.

Meanwhile the moderates are doing everything they can to empower plutocratic populists.

You are espousing a Democrstic strategy that half assed worked in the 90s while the GOP turned politics into warfare.

Once again the Republicans bring guns to knife fights and Moderate Dems bring covered dishes.

You are ignoring the Right is ginning up the culture war as a tactic right out the playbook of the rightwing politics of 1932 Germany.

Achtung.

Wake the fuck up.

We should not be negotiating toward the middle with these Republicans we should be sending them the way of the Whigs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:10:00 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: November 07, 2021, 01:16:44 PM »

As we create jobs and spend money on America, we need to remember all of the good people who are homeless and who have been left behind by the American Dream, we need to help the homeless people and we need to put the homeless people to work on new jobs building high speed trains, etc.

And we need to make our immigrants legal so that they can join labor unions and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency.

We also need to pump redevelopment money into poor neighborhoods.

I also suggest that we have high tariffs on imports and use the money to help Americans, we can use the money to house, educate, and to train Americans, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: November 07, 2021, 01:27:23 PM »

While the scope of the problems that BBB addresses requires investments in the 6 to 7 trillion dollar range, the coalition required to pass anything at all insists that any spending is fully paid for and that any paying happens without raising marginal rates. Using best practices in economics and accounting they devised a way to raise 2 trillion. Based on that number, they proposed spending 1.75 trillion of that leaving a quarter trillion of wiggle room in case the CBO wants to be more conservative in its projections so the plan will still meet the conservative parameters mentioned above. In actuality this will lead to deficit reduction. I trust the Democratic scoring and trust it will be confirmed by the CBO.

The party that wings it, lies about it, then tries to shift blame as its plan backfires is the republican party. The low standards and sadistic dishonesty of republicans is not universal. The republicans are criminals not politicians. Democrats are for the most part politicians and not criminals. While republicans sully the name of what they pretend to be, on the other side there are still good people who can get the job done.

How the next 4 trillion dollars of social and economic realignment is structured remains a question because that bill has not been written yet, but this 2 trillion dollar installment raises more than it spends, as the CBO is about to confirm.
Fac

I've no confusion per se.

I cited the same #s to kid earlier today. My question was with your midnight assurances all was paid for etc with no citations or reference to the Biden #s projections. Your blind faith was questioned.

I too hope that the CBO confirm the accuracy of the Biden estimates on the $1.8 T BBB and its ability to raise more revenues than it costs. But I would like to see an independent analysis before attesting to a partisan political position.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: November 07, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »

It is not playing the race card when a person tells you what they heard you say.

Meanwhile the moderates are doing everything they can to empower plutocratic populists.

You are espousing a Democrstic strategy that half assed worked in the 90s while the GOP turned politics into warfare.

Once again the Republicans bring guns to knife fights and Moderate Dems bring covered dishes.

You are ignoring the Right is ginning up the culture war as a tactic right out the playbook of the rightwing politics of 1932 Germany.

Achtung.

Wake the fuck up.

We should not be negotiating toward the middle with these Republicans we should be sending them the way of the Whigs.

Larry maybe you can get a subsidized or free hearing aide under expanded Medicare because you don't hear very well.

Race has nothing to do with my disagreeing with you.

Except you lost this race 17 months ago,

But play the race card if you must.

and tell Josh I'm a racist

he may ban me on your behalf.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: November 07, 2021, 02:11:46 PM »

Fac

I've no confusion per se.

I cited the same #s to kid earlier today. My question was with your midnight assurances all was paid for etc with no citations or reference to the Biden #s projections. Your blind faith was questioned.

I too hope that the CBO confirm the accuracy of the Biden estimates on the $1.8 T BBB and its ability to raise more revenues than it costs. But I would like to see an independent analysis before attesting to a partisan political position.

Myopic, clouded, limited I accept. I have not gone fully blind yet. I still see glimmers. 

http://home.treasury.gov/news/featured-stories/preliminary-estimates-show-build-back-better-legislation-will-reduce-deficits

The text is followed by a concise table as you scroll down.

And we are all waiting for the CBO to render its verdict now there is something scoreable agreed to by the House at least.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 02:14:12 PM by facilitatorn »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: November 07, 2021, 02:20:43 PM »

Here you go Bambu, here is a good place for you and your wife to retire in the USA, Leisure World in Laguna Beach...

leisureworld.com/laguna-woods

You can ride horses on the beach, etc, it is very nice. Zero crime.

I had a friend, he was a television executive, he worked for Universal, and for Paramount, he worked on shows such as Family Ties starring Michael J Fox, etc, and his sister lives at Leisure World, she retired young and moved to live at Leisure World. She said that Leisure World is great.

Leisure World is a nice, safe place for people to spend their last days of life. You can drink champagne and eat strawberries and ride horses on the beach, and swim in the pool, etc, with zero worries about anything. You can have a care free life with zero worries and with zero crime.

I might move to Leisure World for my last days, we will see.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19972 on: November 07, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »

Achtung.

Wake the fuck up.

Larry maybe you can get a subsidized or free hearing aide under expanded Medicare because you don't hear very well.

Race has nothing to do with my disagreeing with you.

Except you lost this race 17 months ago,

But play the race card if you must.

and tell Josh I'm a racist

he may ban me on your behalf.

You ever hear the phrase it aint what you say its the way that you say it?

I did not call you a racist I told you how it sounded to me.

Why you want to bring your grievance with Josh into this is on you.

Biden campaigned on reaching across the aisle and in return the GOP unleashed a violent coup.

Sure.

Let us find compromise.

Ridiculous.

By the way what you said to me 17 months ago about I dont understand and I have to learn all means squat if not for the two ALEC clones.

I was right.

If I was wrong Biden would not have GONE BIG.

He did go big no matter you try and slice it and even after Manchin and Sinema have sliced the size and scope while protecting the tax cheats it is STILL A BIG FUCKING DEAL.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: November 07, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »

He did go big no matter you try and slice it and even after Manchin and Sinema have sliced the size and scope while protecting the tax cheats it is STILL A BIG FUCKING DEAL.

This opinion = take the GOOD rather than insisting on the perfect

Good call.  Except I dont think the chopped down deal is close to passing either

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: November 07, 2021, 03:01:53 PM »

I will admit it -

Republicans are OK with the infrastructure bill - even though so many voted against it (wanted some things cut down)

But...

They want to stick Joe with a L on BBB.  Chop it - mangle it - rename it - it likely will not pass pre '22 elections.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: November 07, 2021, 03:31:24 PM »

Americans do not need free handouts, but rather Americans just need a fair chance. If you are honest and if you work hard then you need to be able to have a good life in America.

And when Americans need help, then we need to help them. We need to help the homeless people. And as we open the new chapter and start building high speed trains and more subways in the USA, etc, and as jobs are created, then we need to make sure that the homeless people have a shot at a new job and a new life. Get them into shelter, and get them psychiatric help, etc, and when the people are healthy then get them to work on the new jobs in America. That is all people want is a good job and a fair chance. When people are out there homeless, then they do not have a chance at anything, it is a living hell to be out there homeless. We need to help our people, and then we need to help them to get the good jobs that Biden is creating.

We need to help people, and we need to have a good sense of community.

People should not feel like they are being forced to break the law, people need to be allowed to be honest in America, and the honest people in America need to have a fair shot.

And we can invest in Mexican ports, etc, and we can expand trade with Latin America, etc. And we can use tariffs on imports to build new colleges, etc, and to train our work force.

Right now many stores have empty shelves, we need to get those shelves full of products. One thing that I have always loved about California is the stores, we have great stores here with the best of everything.

For me, I never wanted anything for free, I have always been willing to work hard, like other Americans, I just wanted an even break and a fair shot.

Here is my student film from USC film school, I could have been a contender...

https://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ

Some people thought that I was going to be great like Brando. And I was handsome like James Garner. People in acting school used to tease me and say that I looked like a Ken doll. But Ken had Barbie, so Ken was cool in my mind.

Anyhow, Americans are willing to work. We do not need handouts. And America deserves high speed trains, and good things. As we build our high speed trains we need to create jobs for people who are homeless right now. We need to help people go from being homeless to helping to build a high speed train, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: November 07, 2021, 03:37:12 PM »

I will admit it -

Republicans are OK with the infrastructure bill - even though so many voted against it (wanted some things cut down)

But...

They want to stick Joe with a L on BBB.  Chop it - mangle it - rename it - it likely will not pass pre '22 elections.

Kleptocrats bribing Manchin, Sinema and the like may still have some say in what happens. Republicans, except for those who at the last minute after the scores are in get onboard and vote for it, have none. They have already written themselves out. The more is their shame.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: November 07, 2021, 03:49:05 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: November 07, 2021, 04:58:26 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19979 on: November 07, 2021, 05:20:45 PM »

Once BBB passes this month, Biden needs to turn his attention toward this,

http://www.salon.com/2021/11/07/recurring-nightmares-how-the-american-coup-attempt-summoned-memories-of-another-_partner/

I am afraid IF the BBB passes.is the operative.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2924