Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750580 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20130 on: November 09, 2021, 09:00:54 AM »

How the Squad abandoned their party and their POTUS:

Representative Pramila Jayapal, the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, stated that members of her caucus and other Democrats had reached an agreement to advance both pieces of President Biden's legislative agenda.

Our colleagues have committed to voting for the transformative Build Back Better Act, as currently written, no later than the week of November 15. All our colleagues have also committed to voting tonight on the rule to move the Build Back Better Act forward to codify this promise,
she added.

But the agreement wasn't enough to convince some progressive members. Therefore, Democrats had to rely on Republicans who backed the infrastructure package to get it over the finish line. Thirteen House GOP lawmakers voted in favor of the bill.

It's never enough. If they were honest they would just say, "GIVE US YOUR MONEY. ALL OF IT. YOU EARNED IT, BUT IT BELONGS TO US."

Fuck the Squad. We don't need revolutionaries in the party. We need people who understand and will work for the working class. They don't. They work for themselves.

https://www.newsweek.com/squad-unfazed-election-rout-forces-biden-rely-gop-infrastructure-votes-1646680

You know Boss Pelosi went to the floor knowing exactly what she had.

The Squad had her permission  to cast the protest vote. There is no way Jayapal would let vote fail.

After all, the Progressives are the ones going to the mat for the Biden agenda.

She ignored the Squids, as I prefer to call them, because she knew they were in it only for themselves.

They don't stand for their constituents as they get nothing done.

Their self-aggrandizement is their only accomplishment.

Quick, Larry, name something those leftists have done to advance the Party or to actually meet the needs of working families.

Something substantial. Something real. Go ahead.

List those deeds.

I'll pause while you call me a racist for asking.

But then, do try to answer the question.

Honestly.

AOC is a workhorse as well as a show horse.

Google their names to see the bills 5hey sponsored or cosponsored.

AOC used her campaign social media and raised over a million bucks to be distributed through her district for Covid relief.

The Squad also raised funds for Texas disaster relief.

In a very hierarchal system they have accomplished quite a bit in a little over one term.

I think they are fierce.

Sorry, but your anecdotes ain't evidence. What did they get DONE? Provide the links.

Answer the question with details and supporting evidence or shush.

You want detail? 

Google each name: bills

People in Pacific Northwest think her focus on climate is in their best interest.

Are you that lazy, Larry?

You don't get to make assertions, get called to provide support for them, and then tell those asking for that support to go get themselves.

Hell, that's what your nemesis Red does.

You still have provided ZERO accomplishments by The Squids.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #20131 on: November 09, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »

On Fox news they said it was hard during the old days because they did not have welfare, that is baloney, in the old days they were farmers, they raised cows for milk, and chickens for eggs, and they grew their own food. It was easy living for the pioneers, and especially better if you had a hot wife. You could make hay while the farm prospered.

Life was easy for the pioneers. They had good lives if they had a hot wife.

Salute,

Tony V.

Pull the other one,  pal.
Salute Tony V's misogyny makes Kid look like Gloria Steinem.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #20132 on: November 09, 2021, 09:05:50 AM »

There are a lot of dreamers who just want a nice little farm with a hot wife, and for them there is La Junta, Colorado. People can have farms, and they can have hot wives, and they can have libraries, and telescopes, etc. Eventually they can have theatre, and opera, and ballet, etc.

https://lajuntacolorado.org/

The can have laboratories and a University, and whatever they want.

Salute,

Tony V.

The Hot Wives of La Junta could be your next series, Tony. Think about it.

LaJunta is one of the nations chief melon farming areas, especially cantaloupe.  Just sayin.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20133 on: November 09, 2021, 09:20:01 AM »

Olivier's Nazi dentist in "The Boys from Brazil" was clearly based on Gosar.

Marathon Man.

Sir Larry was a Nazi hunter in TBfB.

But yeah,  I would not let Gosar come near me with a drill.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20134 on: November 09, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »

It seems I've irked Elba's comatose council of woke.
LMAO

Your fake liberalism has been about as badly exposed as using an instamatic to take a picture of sunspots.

Josh it seems you have had no more success using a camera than you did in telling time.

Perhaps you should use less demanding technology.

Josh I've got to tell you for a self admitted coward who could not accept accountability for their actions, and who wanted to move on, you're not doing a very good job.

It really seems you want to fight.

If that's what you want.

Ok.

As to my "fake liberalism",

Are you giving political purity tests?

LMAO.

Awesome.

Josh you just outed himself as Elba's Joe McCarthy.

TFF

as far as I know, there is no current Dem purity test, but if I have to sign on to my party's most extreme ideas or personalities to remain in good standing in the party, that's really not a party I want to be locked into.

But thankfully the Dem party is a big tent and I'm still welcome even if I don't score out at 100%

I prefer using my judgement on issues.

And I'm comfortable where I am at.

Which is I'm left of center in gen pop, maybe not in Elba pop.

It sounds like you're promoting a Trump-like allegiance to a preferred ideology in Elba that one needs to maintain. 

Josh your world view is at best, child like.

I will just have to accept I will not sit on Elba's Council of Woke.

Which is just fine with me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 09:38:43 AM by bankshot1 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #20135 on: November 09, 2021, 09:42:28 AM »

Olivier's Nazi dentist in "The Boys from Brazil" was clearly based on Gosar.

Marathon Man.

Sir Larry was a Nazi hunter in TBfB.

But yeah,  I would not let Gosar come near me with a drill.
Dammit. You are correct. I am getting old.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20136 on: November 09, 2021, 09:52:14 AM »

It seems I've irked Elba's comatose council of woke.
LMAO

Your fake liberalism has been about as badly exposed as using an instamatic to take a picture of sunspots.

That she is clearly far smarter and far more accomplished than Banks at somewhere between half and one third of his age is what is causing him the problem. He eluded to it in post beginning this most recent conniption fit.

Fac that sounds like your issue, but its not mine. I have a daughter a little younger than AOC, and I am fully supportive of women being the best they can be and rising as high as they can and achieving their goals. Its simply not an issue.

In AOC's case I disagree with some of her political stances. Its a risk she runs being as out front as she is in her chosen profession.

For you to assume my motives are other than political is unwarranted and more reflective of you.

and I have no doubt she is smarter than I and certainly more accomplished at her age than I was.

btw, more croutons

but the dressing is out of this world.

keep up the good salad!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20137 on: November 09, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »

According to Larry, this sensible pragmatist would be a racist:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/maybe-biden-should-quit-while-hes-ahead-200343146.html

I think he's whitesplainin'!!

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D., Wash.), who leads a group of progressive Democrats, recently said it would be worth losing control of Congress...

You are such a pathetic tool.

It is not pragmatic it is a sloppy wt kiss to the gop donor class.

So you think being willing to lose Congress in order to advance a cause that is not ready to be nailed down for the American public is a smart move.

Got it.

It's a good thing you don't run any campaigns, genius.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20138 on: November 09, 2021, 09:54:16 AM »

It must be exhausting being bankshot.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20139 on: November 09, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »

Larry

I'm left of center and support many of the same things you do. But I'm also a pragmatist. I would like to see them get done and not die because they lacked enough popular support to carry them through. I suggested a road map for Biden's first two years to help him in a critical '22 election. As posted, get some popular wins and monetize them for '22 votes.

Yelling GO BIG and scaring the 80% of voters who are not aligned with the Dems fringe far left threatens a lot of progress that you want. I could argue you are a closet Repub conservative sand-bagging Biden's agenda.

But I just think you're wrong.

Its kind of like DEFUND THE POLICE^10 pre 2020 election

It loses a lot of votes and House seats.

And I fear a resurgent Republican party can re-emerge and strangle our democracy.

Biden looked impotent trying to cut deals with Manchin and the Progs.

It was a terrible look for the guy supposedly leading the world's greatest power.

Biden should GO SMART and monetize it into votes ASAP.

But his window is narrowing.

And I'm sorry you felt insulted.

But I disagreed with you and told you why.

As I have countless times in meetings pushing an idea I like or arguing against one I think is lacking.

And race had nothing to do with it.

so stop playing the fucking race card.

Race has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I do not play the race card when I say things said are racist.

For you to tell me I do not hear what I hear filtered through years of my life experience is fucking racist.

I keep telling you I was/am ecstatic with what Biden tried.

He went there with Covid relief with not one Republican vote.

He pushed huge vaccine efforts against severe opposition to the efforts to save lives.

You guys crushed me when I said the gop response to the virus was so terrible as to be deliberate once it became clear who was taking the brunt. How many dead in May 2020 when MAGA screamed Liberate Michigan?

Now 750,000 dead and 150,000 dead since June were unvaxxed.

Remember the video of German airman walking off the zeppelin to shed weight?

No Democrat ran on Defund The Police but it was the CRT of 2020; a GOP weapon to motivate the suburban moderates who reliably respond to racist fear mongering.

In 2018 the border and caravans. 2020 the projection of BLM rioters, looters and arsonists leav8ng the inner cities without police to keep them there and away from HERE while this year their children are being taught to hate themselves because they learn American History.

That cohort is gonna split or go majority GOP as they have for 50 damn years.

Even white women vote GOP

I do not know where you get the 80% from. But evidently you are chasing the mythical white working class voter who have not been reliably democratic since LBJ passed civil rights.

Black women activists and voters beat Trump in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia.

GOP is rolling out Law after law in state after state to make sure that will not happen again  and if it does they are putting levers in place to overturn results they do not like.

Meanwhile, in the Senate the GOP will not even allow debate on voting protection because Manchin and Sinema insist on holding on to the filibuster.

The voting bloc the Democrats rely on to win is bring ignored except by the Progressives you vilify.

You lump the Squad and Manchin and Sinema as giving Biden a hard time when it is Jayapal holding the line against Gottheimer who broke the tandem bill agreement (and went against Pelosi) and wanted to vote on the BIF immediately after it passed the Senate.

When Biden stood by the tandem track agreement you freaked out about how had gone back on his word with the party that for the most part swear he is not legitimate.

Larry I mean this with no malice, but I hope you are seeing a shrink.

I'm not going to follow you down your meandering rabbit hole of non-sequiters and rebut and comment on each one just to end up with three more ramblings responses that take me further down your maze of crazy. I'm sorry you are as troubled as you are.

And I'm sorry you see race in all your transactions with other people. I really am. But there is little I can do about it. I can only tell you honestly I treat you and respond to you exactly the same as I would anyone else here. Your race is irrelevant to me. Your words are not.

Just understand that if people disagree with you maybe they just disagree with you.

Oh, no, you don't think that Larry can possibly understand that, do you?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20140 on: November 09, 2021, 09:56:37 AM »

It must be exhausting being bankshot.

boz-this shit's easy.

banksplain

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20141 on: November 09, 2021, 09:57:14 AM »

I had ancestors who were Cowboys and Indians here in the West and they lived good long lives.

And it was easy if you had chickens for eggs, and cows for milk, and if you grew a good garden. Plus you might be in an area where you can fish, and there is the ocean for seafood for the people on the coast. Plus wild blackberries, etc. And deer, etc.

A lot of the old Cowboys lived good long lives.

Salute,

Tony V.

My ancestors all had hot wives. My wife is hot, and someday my daughters will be hot wives, too. I have given my hot wives gene  (HWG) to this country.

Roy Rogers was a Cowboy. His wife was not hot. In fact, Roy liked Trigger more than Dale.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20142 on: November 09, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »

AOC has mastered social media.

So has Kim Kardashian 

and Donald Trump

and few confuse them as great legislators or statesmen.

Twitter etal has leveled the playing field that enable the photogenic and nimble of thumb to have outsized influence on our lives.

However the democratization of messaging also comes with risk of it being dumbed down for the masses.

WE could say she's an "influencer", at best. As are the rest of the Squids.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20143 on: November 09, 2021, 09:59:56 AM »

Larry
Joe went as big as he could.

He knew $7T was too big

and $6T was a no go

and $4.5T there was resistance

so he tried $3.5T but couldn't get enough support for that

and eventually he grovelled and got $1.8T

so yeah, Larry Joe went big or a big as he could get done.

which relative to your initial wet dreams and pipe dreams was pretty fucking small.

I never put a dollar sign on anything.

Joe went big.

That is all.

What happened after is moot in this conversation

so he tried $3.5T but couldn't get enough support for that

and eventually he grovelled and got $1.8T

Could not get support from who?

Manchin and Sinema.

Your perspective is baffling.

Don't forget the Squids voting against the Infrastructure Bill, Larry.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20144 on: November 09, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »

and Josh taking a quick look it seems it was Hammy and Larry who had a recent discussion about AOC.

it was one of them you were responding to, not me.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you made an honest mistake.

You jumped in four posts after Josh mentioned AOC with your own take on the Congresswoman which you more recently characterized as an uninformed opinion. You elaborated on the topic of AOC about four posts after that.

If you get any more full of shit it will start to get awkward when you next invoke your white privilege.

This is why you should stay on the sidelines, instead of putting on the cheerleading suit every time the Woke Squad here gets themselves into a pissing match and sacrifices logic and reason for their need to "win".

The bottom line is that Larry was asked to provide evidence to show what has been ACCOMPLISHED. He has yet to do so, and the rest is just horsehit.

But you go ahead and underscore the race card with Larry, dim one.
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 2924