Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750548 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20085 on: November 08, 2021, 08:31:55 PM »

There are a lot of dreamers who just want a nice little farm with a hot wife, and for them there is La Junta, Colorado. People can have farms, and they can have hot wives, and they can have libraries, and telescopes, etc. Eventually they can have theatre, and opera, and ballet, etc.

https://lajuntacolorado.org/

They can have laboratories and a University, and whatever they want.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:34:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20086 on: November 08, 2021, 08:51:02 PM »

On Fox news they said it was hard during the old days because they did not have welfare, that is baloney, in the old days they were farmers, they raised cows for milk, and chickens for eggs, and they grew their own food. It was easy living for the pioneers, and especially better if you had a hot wife. You could make hay while the farm prospered.

Life was easy for the pioneers. They had good lives if they had a hot wife.

Just when I thought it was impossible for you to get any more screwy.

Life expectancy in the America of 1787 is about 38 years for a white male.

A hundred years before that, "life expectancy was under 25 years in the early Colony of Virginia, and in seventeenth-century New England, about 40 percent died before reaching adulthood."

And "pioneers" included women, who almost never had a hot wife.

https://www.tullyhistoricalsociety.org/tahs/medical.php#epidemics

It was a lot of things, but easy was not among them. And no, not everybody was a farmer. Not even close.

-----------------------------
ETA: I am wrong, I suppose, about the farmers:
In the first U.S. Census of 1790, the new nation's population was about four million people, almost all of them living in the countryside or in small towns and villages, and 90 percent of them listing their occupation as farmers.

90% is a pretty big percentage.

Life was still very hard.

And we haven't even addressed the issues of the Natives or slavery, Tony. Their lives were pretty hard, too.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:14:10 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #20087 on: November 08, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »

Salute Tony V certainly has a lot of ideas.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20088 on: November 08, 2021, 09:29:01 PM »

Larry

I'm left of center and support many of the same things you do. But I'm also a pragmatist. I would like to see them get done and not die because they lacked enough popular support to carry them through. I suggested a road map for Biden's first two years to help him in a critical '22 election. As posted, get some popular wins and monetize them for '22 votes.

Yelling GO BIG and scaring the 80% of voters who are not aligned with the Dems fringe far left threatens a lot of progress that you want. I could argue you are a closet Repub conservative sand-bagging Biden's agenda.

But I just think you're wrong.

Its kind of like DEFUND THE POLICE^10 pre 2020 election

It loses a lot of votes and House seats.

And I fear a resurgent Republican party can re-emerge and strangle our democracy.

Biden looked impotent trying to cut deals with Manchin and the Progs.

It was a terrible look for the guy supposedly leading the world's greatest power.

Biden should GO SMART and monetize it into votes ASAP.

But his window is narrowing.

And I'm sorry you felt insulted.

But I disagreed with you and told you why.

As I have countless times in meetings pushing an idea I like or arguing against one I think is lacking.

And race had nothing to do with it.

so stop playing the fucking race card.

Race has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I do not play the race card when I say things said are racist.

For you to tell me I do not hear what I hear filtered through years of my life experience is fucking racist.

I keep telling you I was/am ecstatic with what Biden tried.

He went there with Covid relief with not one Republican vote.

He pushed huge vaccine efforts against severe opposition to the efforts to save lives.

You guys crushed me when I said the gop response to the virus was so terrible as to be deliberate once it became clear who was taking the brunt. How many dead in May 2020 when MAGA screamed Liberate Michigan?

Now 750,000 dead and 150,000 dead since June were unvaxxed.

Remember the video of German airman walking off the zeppelin to shed weight?

No Democrat ran on Defund The Police but it was the CRT of 2020; a GOP weapon to motivate the suburban moderates who reliably respond to racist fear mongering.

In 2018 the border and caravans. 2020 the projection of BLM rioters, looters and arsonists leav8ng the inner cities without police to keep them there and away from HERE while this year their children are being taught to hate themselves because they learn American History.

That cohort is gonna split or go majority GOP as they have for 50 damn years.

Even white women vote GOP

I do not know where you get the 80% from. But evidently you are chasing the mythical white working class voter who have not been reliably democratic since LBJ passed civil rights.

Black women activists and voters beat Trump in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia.

GOP is rolling out Law after law in state after state to make sure that will not happen again  and if it does they are putting levers in place to overturn results they do not like.

Meanwhile, in the Senate the GOP will not even allow debate on voting protection because Manchin and Sinema insist on holding on to the filibuster.

The voting bloc the Democrats rely on to win is bring ignored except by the Progressives you vilify.

You lump the Squad and Manchin and Sinema as giving Biden a hard time when it is Jayapal holding the line against Gottheimer who broke the tandem bill agreement (and went against Pelosi) and wanted to vote on the BIF immediately after it passed the Senate.

When Biden stood by the tandem track agreement you freaked out about how had gone back on his word with the party that for the most part swear he is not legitimate.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:33:07 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20089 on: November 08, 2021, 09:29:16 PM »

There are a lot of dreamers who just want a nice little farm with a hot wife, and for them there is La Junta, Colorado. People can have farms, and they can have hot wives, and they can have libraries, and telescopes, etc. Eventually they can have theatre, and opera, and ballet, etc.

The can have laboratories and a University, and whatever they want.

Salute,

Tony V.

The Hot Wives of La Junta could be your next series, Tony. Think about it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20090 on: November 08, 2021, 09:37:42 PM »

La Junta, Colorado, can have communes too, for the artists and for the filmmakers. And of course with libraries, and telescopes. And laboratories and a University, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20091 on: November 08, 2021, 09:53:35 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20092 on: November 08, 2021, 10:09:04 PM »

The can have laboratories and a University, and whatever they want.

Salute,

Tony V.

The Hot Wives of La Junta could be your next series, Tony. Think about it.

I thought of a television show today when I saw the hot Social Worker at City Hall.

But yes, lots of shows could be about La Junta too. Right now, it would be cool if KCET Public Television could do a show about La Junta, Colorado. And yes, I am sure they have beautiful women in La Junta.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20093 on: November 08, 2021, 10:09:30 PM »

Banks thinks he is being pragmatic by rooting for the bad guys.

Larry I am pragmatic, but I won't sell my soul.

But there is a reason for the old saying, "politics makes strange bedfellows".

And Larry I've listened to your perspective, and I understand it, and in many cases I agree with you and your goals.

However I found the environment hostile to its immediate fruition.

Biden is President because black and brown people put him through the primary and then took two seats in Georgia...

And all moderates do is tell the BASE of this fucking party to be quiet, white folks talking.

And then when shit goes south electorally the first thing you will say is well, the black turnout was low.

In this era you are either going to split or lose the white vote no matter what so why do you keep spitting on the folks who have been giving you 90 plus? instead of watching the GOP make it harder for them to vote why are you not protecting their rights and access?

Joe Biden promised to reach across the aisle and work in a bipartisan fashion and the Republicans tried to overturn the election and failing that tried to overthrow the government.

YMMV

The BASE stayed home in NJ and VA. Guess they thought those races didn't matter. Now, they'll be shitting themselves and blaming MoJoe Manchin or Miss Sinematic ain't gonna change the fact that the BASE took a vacation when they should have kept up the good work.

Those are indeed FACTS. Now, if you think the BASE is brown and black and white folks are either blue dog Dems or GOPers, as it seems you do, then the turnout being low among black and brown folks DOES matter, and it ain't bias or prejudicial to point that out.

You can't have it both ways, Larry. You can't say minorities won for the DEMS because they showed up at the polls, and then when they don't show say that it's not their fault.

There are other factors at work in all of these races/votes/elections, but if white folks are evil and non-whites are saviors, then the saviors can't be taking holidays.

Blah blah blah

You take our vote for granted while white folks split theirs and the other side is actively seeking to overturn this Madisonian democracy.

I don't take anything for granted, other than politicians will lie, taxes will have to be paid by someone, and we will all die.

I do know, however, that the American people are impatient, lazy, disinclined to support their opinions with facts, and obsessed with money.

In politics, as in most things in the USA, follow the money.

Always.

The Squad and Manchin and Sinema and Gottlieb and your friends in Georgia are getting their money from somewhere, or they'd be more responsible.

That false equivalence makes no sense whatsoever.

I see you have no counter.

Duped.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20094 on: November 08, 2021, 10:10:52 PM »

Larry I'm not cheering for anyone.

I asked Fac to support his post with #s.

And its a matter of how we allocate resources and who benefits and who pays.

there is no free lunch.
. BINGO!!!!

To say BBB is not a matter of spending, is idiotic and sophomoric on its face.

at first the price tag was $7T now its $1.8T and stuff got cut because it was deemed too expensive and the resources or votes weren't there.

I'm sorry you didn't understand the process and you now seem very angry.

The stupid and angry black man.

Why do I expect more from you?

Race card in play, now.

The default mechanism when Larry OR one of his compadres is asked to put up something to support his opinion.

HeH

Look the tag team is back!

Sit down boy.

You're not in a position to dictate to others.

Bitch, please.

Shush, child.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20095 on: November 08, 2021, 10:15:14 PM »

How the Squad abandoned their party and their POTUS:

Representative Pramila Jayapal, the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, stated that members of her caucus and other Democrats had reached an agreement to advance both pieces of President Biden's legislative agenda.

Our colleagues have committed to voting for the transformative Build Back Better Act, as currently written, no later than the week of November 15. All our colleagues have also committed to voting tonight on the rule to move the Build Back Better Act forward to codify this promise,
she added.

But the agreement wasn't enough to convince some progressive members. Therefore, Democrats had to rely on Republicans who backed the infrastructure package to get it over the finish line. Thirteen House GOP lawmakers voted in favor of the bill.

It's never enough. If they were honest they would just say, "GIVE US YOUR MONEY. ALL OF IT. YOU EARNED IT, BUT IT BELONGS TO US."

Fuck the Squad. We don't need revolutionaries in the party. We need people who understand and will work for the working class. They don't. They work for themselves.

https://www.newsweek.com/squad-unfazed-election-rout-forces-biden-rely-gop-infrastructure-votes-1646680

You know Boss Pelosi went to the floor knowing exactly what she had.

The Squad had her permission  to cast the protest vote. There is no way Jayapal would let vote fail.

After all, the Progressives are the ones going to the mat for the Biden agenda.

She ignored the Squids, as I prefer to call them, because she knew they were in it only for themselves.

They don't stand for their constituents as they get nothing done.

Their self-aggrandizement is their only accomplishment.

Quick, Larry, name something those leftists have done to advance the Party or to actually meet the needs of working families.

Something substantial. Something real. Go ahead.

List those deeds.

I'll pause while you call me a racist for asking.

But then, do try to answer the question.

Honestly.

AOC is a workhorse as well as a show horse.

Google their names to see the bills 5hey sponsored or cosponsored.

AOC used her campaign social media and raised over a million bucks to be distributed through her district for Covid relief.

The Squad also raised funds for Texas disaster relief.

In a very hierarchal system they have accomplished quite a bit in a little over one term.

I think they are fierce.

Sorry, but your anecdotes ain't evidence. What did they get DONE? Provide the links.

Answer the question with details and supporting evidence or shush.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20096 on: November 08, 2021, 10:17:15 PM »

Whitesplain!

I thought that was a city in New York.

You know I do not find this shit the least bit funny.

Because you are a humorless, hypersensitive twit.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20097 on: November 08, 2021, 10:22:53 PM »

According to Larry, this sensible pragmatist would be a racist:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/maybe-biden-should-quit-while-hes-ahead-200343146.html

I think he's whitesplainin'!!

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D., Wash.), who leads a group of progressive Democrats, recently said it would be worth losing control of Congress...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 10:26:19 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20098 on: November 08, 2021, 10:45:24 PM »

How the Squad abandoned their party and their POTUS:

Representative Pramila Jayapal, the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, stated that members of her caucus and other Democrats had reached an agreement to advance both pieces of President Biden's legislative agenda.

Our colleagues have committed to voting for the transformative Build Back Better Act, as currently written, no later than the week of November 15. All our colleagues have also committed to voting tonight on the rule to move the Build Back Better Act forward to codify this promise,
she added.

But the agreement wasn't enough to convince some progressive members. Therefore, Democrats had to rely on Republicans who backed the infrastructure package to get it over the finish line. Thirteen House GOP lawmakers voted in favor of the bill.

It's never enough. If they were honest they would just say, "GIVE US YOUR MONEY. ALL OF IT. YOU EARNED IT, BUT IT BELONGS TO US."

Fuck the Squad. We don't need revolutionaries in the party. We need people who understand and will work for the working class. They don't. They work for themselves.

https://www.newsweek.com/squad-unfazed-election-rout-forces-biden-rely-gop-infrastructure-votes-1646680

You know Boss Pelosi went to the floor knowing exactly what she had.

The Squad had her permission  to cast the protest vote. There is no way Jayapal would let vote fail.

After all, the Progressives are the ones going to the mat for the Biden agenda.

She ignored the Squids, as I prefer to call them, because she knew they were in it only for themselves.

They don't stand for their constituents as they get nothing done.

Their self-aggrandizement is their only accomplishment.

Quick, Larry, name something those leftists have done to advance the Party or to actually meet the needs of working families.

Something substantial. Something real. Go ahead.

List those deeds.

I'll pause while you call me a racist for asking.

But then, do try to answer the question.

Honestly.

AOC is a workhorse as well as a show horse.

Google their names to see the bills 5hey sponsored or cosponsored.

AOC used her campaign social media and raised over a million bucks to be distributed through her district for Covid relief.

The Squad also raised funds for Texas disaster relief.

In a very hierarchal system they have accomplished quite a bit in a little over one term.

I think they are fierce.

Sorry, but your anecdotes ain't evidence. What did they get DONE? Provide the links.

Answer the question with details and supporting evidence or shush.

You want detail? 

Google each name: bills

People in Pacific Northwest think her focus on climate is in their best interest.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20099 on: November 08, 2021, 10:49:20 PM »

According to Larry, this sensible pragmatist would be a racist:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/maybe-biden-should-quit-while-hes-ahead-200343146.html

I think he's whitesplainin'!!

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D., Wash.), who leads a group of progressive Democrats, recently said it would be worth losing control of Congress...

You are such a pathetic tool.

It is not pragmatic it is a sloppy wt kiss to the gop donor class.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 2924