Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750570 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20145 on: November 09, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »

Larry

I'm left of center and support many of the same things you do. But I'm also a pragmatist. I would like to see them get done and not die because they lacked enough popular support to carry them through. I suggested a road map for Biden's first two years to help him in a critical '22 election. As posted, get some popular wins and monetize them for '22 votes.

Yelling GO BIG and scaring the 80% of voters who are not aligned with the Dems fringe far left threatens a lot of progress that you want. I could argue you are a closet Repub conservative sand-bagging Biden's agenda.

But I just think you're wrong.

Its kind of like DEFUND THE POLICE^10 pre 2020 election

It loses a lot of votes and House seats.

And I fear a resurgent Republican party can re-emerge and strangle our democracy.

Biden looked impotent trying to cut deals with Manchin and the Progs.

It was a terrible look for the guy supposedly leading the world's greatest power.

Biden should GO SMART and monetize it into votes ASAP.

But his window is narrowing.

And I'm sorry you felt insulted.

But I disagreed with you and told you why.

As I have countless times in meetings pushing an idea I like or arguing against one I think is lacking.

And race had nothing to do with it.

so stop playing the fucking race card.

Race has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I do not play the race card when I say things said are racist.

For you to tell me I do not hear what I hear filtered through years of my life experience is fucking racist.

I keep telling you I was/am ecstatic with what Biden tried.

He went there with Covid relief with not one Republican vote.

He pushed huge vaccine efforts against severe opposition to the efforts to save lives.

You guys crushed me when I said the gop response to the virus was so terrible as to be deliberate once it became clear who was taking the brunt. How many dead in May 2020 when MAGA screamed Liberate Michigan?

Now 750,000 dead and 150,000 dead since June were unvaxxed.

Remember the video of German airman walking off the zeppelin to shed weight?

No Democrat ran on Defund The Police but it was the CRT of 2020; a GOP weapon to motivate the suburban moderates who reliably respond to racist fear mongering.

In 2018 the border and caravans. 2020 the projection of BLM rioters, looters and arsonists leav8ng the inner cities without police to keep them there and away from HERE while this year their children are being taught to hate themselves because they learn American History.

That cohort is gonna split or go majority GOP as they have for 50 damn years.

Even white women vote GOP

I do not know where you get the 80% from. But evidently you are chasing the mythical white working class voter who have not been reliably democratic since LBJ passed civil rights.

Black women activists and voters beat Trump in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia.

GOP is rolling out Law after law in state after state to make sure that will not happen again  and if it does they are putting levers in place to overturn results they do not like.

Meanwhile, in the Senate the GOP will not even allow debate on voting protection because Manchin and Sinema insist on holding on to the filibuster.

The voting bloc the Democrats rely on to win is bring ignored except by the Progressives you vilify.

You lump the Squad and Manchin and Sinema as giving Biden a hard time when it is Jayapal holding the line against Gottheimer who broke the tandem bill agreement (and went against Pelosi) and wanted to vote on the BIF immediately after it passed the Senate.

When Biden stood by the tandem track agreement you freaked out about how had gone back on his word with the party that for the most part swear he is not legitimate.

Larry I mean this with no malice, but I hope you are seeing a shrink.

I'm not going to follow you down your meandering rabbit hole of non-sequiters and rebut and comment on each one just to end up with three more ramblings responses that take me further down your maze of crazy. I'm sorry you are as troubled as you are.

And I'm sorry you see race in all your transactions with other people. I really am. But there is little I can do about it. I can only tell you honestly I treat you and respond to you exactly the same as I would anyone else here. Your race is irrelevant to me. Your words are not.

Just understand that if people disagree with you maybe they just disagree with you.

Oh, no, you don't think that Larry can possibly understand that, do you?
It seem Larry rejected my thesis, but I remain an optimist.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20146 on: November 09, 2021, 10:05:27 AM »

It seems I've irked Elba's comatose council of woke.
LMAO

Your fake liberalism has been about as badly exposed as using an instamatic to take a picture of sunspots.

Achtung, bitches!

The Woke Squad believes that unless you walk in total lockstep with them to the extreme left, you're not a liberal!

Oy!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20147 on: November 09, 2021, 10:07:13 AM »

Let us negotiate in good faith with a party that will not toss guys like this.

But AOC and the Squad is the problem

https://mobile.twitter.com/drpaulgosar/status/1457514264739024896

I hadn't watched the video yet. Read this:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/politics/gosar-anime-video-violence-ocasio-cortez-biden/index.html

I don't get why Twitter thinks there is benefit to leaving it up - it won't sway Gosar's supporters to stop doing so.

It's as hateful as when ads were run with a Rep in the middle of a target, maybe moreso.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20148 on: November 09, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »

It seems I've irked Elba's comatose council of woke.
LMAO

Your fake liberalism has been about as badly exposed as using an instamatic to take a picture of sunspots.

Achtung, bitches!

The Woke Squad believes that unless you walk in total lockstep with them to the extreme left, you're not a liberal!

Oy!
Yup.

The hypocrisy is hysterical.

In Elba its not so much a big tent as a medium sized sleeping bag, and Josh snores, Larry gets up to pee every 3 hours, and Fac farts.

I'm going to find my own place to snore, pee and fart!

And as long as I'm upwind of them, I don't care if I'm right or left.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20149 on: November 09, 2021, 10:12:28 AM »

Whining AOC, and her attack on James Carville, shows how she doesn't know how to win: https://www.thedailybeast.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-woke-whine-is-why-the-dems-cant-stop-losing
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20150 on: November 09, 2021, 10:17:37 AM »

Let us negotiate in good faith with a party that will not toss guys like this.

But AOC and the Squad is the problem

https://mobile.twitter.com/drpaulgosar/status/1457514264739024896

I hadn't watched the video yet. Read this:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/politics/gosar-anime-video-violence-ocasio-cortez-biden/index.html

I don't get why Twitter thinks there is benefit to leaving it up - it won't sway Gosar's supporters to stop doing so.

It's as hateful as when ads were run with a Rep in the middle of a target, maybe moreso.
The controversy may drop his share of the vote in 2022 to 69.5%.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20151 on: November 09, 2021, 10:18:05 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20152 on: November 09, 2021, 10:20:02 AM »

Covid killing Republicans. You can thank Republicans.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-gets-even-redder-191319465.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20153 on: November 09, 2021, 10:22:49 AM »

Cowering Pence tries to block the truth of his January 6 moves: https://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-jonathan-karl-says-145709404.html

Holly Martins

« Reply #20154 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »

Olivier's Nazi dentist in "The Boys from Brazil" was clearly based on Gosar.

Marathon Man.

Sir Larry was a Nazi hunter in TBfB.

But yeah,  I would not let Gosar come near me with a drill.
Dammit. You are correct. I am getting old.

You are not the first to flip those two Olivier roles.  In two years,  Larry goes from German Nazi to Jewish Nazi hunter,  which for most actors translates as My agent is amazing!

What I notice in addition to getting old is so many people getting younger.   People who are supposed adults,  working as professionals, are starting to look like they are in high school.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20155 on: November 09, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »

It must be exhausting being bankshot.

Just watching is pretty draining.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20156 on: November 09, 2021, 10:45:53 AM »

I had ancestors who were Cowboys and Indians here in the West and they lived good long lives.

And it was easy if you had chickens for eggs, and cows for milk, and if you grew a good garden. Plus you might be in an area where you can fish, and there is the ocean for seafood for the people on the coast. Plus wild blackberries, etc. And deer, etc.

A lot of the old Cowboys lived good long lives.

Salute,

Tony V.

My ancestors all had hot wives. My wife is hot, and someday my daughters will be hot wives, too. I have given my hot wives gene  (HWG) to this country.

Roy Rogers was a Cowboy. His wife was not hot. In fact, Roy liked Trigger more than Dale.

Trigger Warning

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20157 on: November 09, 2021, 10:46:16 AM »

Sununu is running for reelection, not challenging Hassan for the NH seat in the Senate.

This was a surprise.

The only suspicion I have heard on why is that perhaps his inside numbers show his anti-abortion move would hurt him more in the senate race than for governor.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20158 on: November 09, 2021, 10:47:51 AM »

Cowering Pence tries to block the truth of his January 6 moves: https://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-jonathan-karl-says-145709404.html

If they are official photographers, the pics will come out. Just a matter of when. Somehow, I doubt Biden will block their release.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20159 on: November 09, 2021, 10:48:02 AM »

Virginia Lt. Gov. Elect Winsome Sears responding to MSNBC host Joy Reid calling Sears
 a    Black mouth for White supremacy

I am a heartbeat away from the governorship, in case anything happens to the governor. How are you going to tell me I am a victim?And I did not  do anything special to get here, except stay in school and study. I took advantage of the opportunities available here in America.
We can do better, it is not 1963.
Winsome Sears

America has a problem.
It is a democrat party stuck in the racist South of 1963.
It is their safe space.
It also points out the obvious.
The party labeling itself as PROGRESSIVE
is anything but.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:14:57 AM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 2924