Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750479 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20385 on: November 11, 2021, 08:20:16 AM »

Peace organization threatens riots.

Leaders of New York City's Black Lives Matter movement on Wednesday reacting to their new mayor: https://news.yahoo.com/black-lives-matter-activists-threaten-030000354.html

This is no different than January 6 insurrectionists, disrespecting the results of an election.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:25:17 AM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20386 on: November 11, 2021, 08:34:21 AM »

Useful Idiot for Putin at work: https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-railed-against-gop-105409067.html

Why would we take Ukraine's side and not Russia's side? It's a sincere question. If you're looking at America's perspective, why? Who's got the energy reserves? Who's the major player in world affairs? Who's the potential counterbalance against China.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20387 on: November 11, 2021, 08:57:15 AM »

I have been yelling ACHTUNG BITCHES! for some time and where am I wrong?

Nobody knows what the fuck you mean by it - so can't help you.

Kid you got this right.

Larry thinks anti-semitism is ok, because he's been doing it for years.

I dont know anything about that - wish I could align with you.  Good luck.

Kid thats a fair point.

But as you said about Larry's comment, "nobody knows what the fuck you mean by it"

Larry and I have discussed it.

and he insists on blowing that dog whistle despite his knowledge that some find it offensive and based in hatred.

Holly Martins

« Reply #20388 on: November 11, 2021, 09:03:49 AM »

Well now.

Let us check the latest facts on the Brandon Economy.

Thanks,  Chewbacca!     

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20389 on: November 11, 2021, 09:05:17 AM »

As someone who has physically had my head checked for horns, I would appreciate it if someone would point out something Larry posted that was anti-Semitic.

I have been following the whole conversation and it seems more like Larrys anti-fascism is being twisted much more than he is attacking Jews as a group. If individuals who draw fire from Larry are Jewish it it does not mean that they are drawing fire because they are Jewish.

If there is an instance of using Judaism as a smear coming from Larry it must have been very very subtle.

Fac

Hammy already made the point I was going to address with your post.

Apply your logic to me as Hammy already laid out for you.

I will add that having multiple conversations with an individual, as I have with Larry or Hammy or anyone allows for some insight into their positions and accounts for remembering things said, nuance  etc.

Further in my discussions  with Larry over the years, I pointed out those issues with I found problematic and anti-semitic or bordering on it.

And over the past couple of days I've asked Larry to give specific examples of my racism.

And Larry could not site one specific example of my racism.

And i asked him several times.

But the best I got was what he heard it in my tone and he was hurt when I called him out for "misleading" this forum (misleading was his word).

But Fac, How do you combat an unfair charge unless you know what its based on?

So in that regard its a Fac 22.

If I ignore the charge of racism, I accept it by default

If  challenge it, I'm a racist lout.

So I'm Facced either way.

And I do not want to be Facced in any way.

LMAO

« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:10:49 AM by bankshot1 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #20390 on: November 11, 2021, 09:14:29 AM »

I know precisely what he means by it.   Have a seat.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: November 11, 2021, 09:16:22 AM »

As someone who has physically had my head checked for horns, I would appreciate it if someone would point out something Larry posted that was anti-Semitic.

I have been following the whole conversation and it seems more like Larrys anti-fascism is being twisted much more than he is attacking Jews as a group. If individuals who draw fire from Larry are Jewish it it does not mean that they are drawing fire because they are Jewish.

If there is an instance of using Judaism as a smear coming from Larry it must have been very very subtle.

I've been perplexed by the claim, too.

If individuals who draw fire from banks are black it it does not mean that they are drawing fire because they are black.
True, banks is an equal opportunity asshole who engages in long running highly personalized disputes where banks is positive in the Ambrose Bierce sense of the word with anyone who disagrees.with him on any subject. It also does not mean they are NOT drawing fire because they are black.
As for your request, diminishing the Holocaust to score political points is deeply offensive and it can be interpreted as anti-Semitic, especially when given the chance to rephrase or apologize the offender (Larry) then does not do so, and instead doubles down on that remark.
If making a reference to Nazis in an online discussion diminishes the Holocaust and is anti-semitic, every who has ever posted on a discussion board from the moment Al Gore invented it to the present day is antisemitic including you
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: November 11, 2021, 09:19:58 AM »

I know precisely what he means by it. 
So does kiid. Feigned ignorance is ignorant.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #20393 on: November 11, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »

As for your request, diminishing the Holocaust to score political points is deeply offensive and it can be interpreted as anti-Semitic, especially when given the chance to rephrase or apologize the offender....

Possibly he is not diminishing the Holocaust but enlarging the present threat? 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: November 11, 2021, 09:24:05 AM »

The AZ kid weighs in with a few grains of Sonoran sand and tries to rationalize Larry's anti-semitic dog whistles.

BFD

Holly Martins

« Reply #20395 on: November 11, 2021, 09:25:30 AM »

Godwins law can be broadly rephrased as:

People will use hyperbole in any political discussion.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20396 on: November 11, 2021, 09:31:40 AM »

As for your request, diminishing the Holocaust to score political points is deeply offensive and it can be interpreted as anti-Semitic, especially when given the chance to rephrase or apologize the offender....

Bart

Larry and I had an extended discussions on this matter and it was his take that covid was a Trump plan to be the Final Solution for the African-American problem. It was delusional and offensive. And I told him why, in my opinion, on several fronts.

Larry's argument bordered on paranoia.

And to my knowledge no one here supported his paranoid false equivalence, as when it was dug into, his delusions became clear.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:34:12 AM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: November 11, 2021, 09:42:44 AM »

I've been perplexed by the claim, too.

If individuals who draw fire from banks are black it it does not mean that they are drawing fire because they are black.
True, banks is an equal opportunity asshole who engages in long running highly personalized disputes where banks is positive in the Ambrose Bierce sense of the word with anyone who disagrees.with him on any subject. It also does not mean they are NOT drawing fire because they are black.
As for your request, diminishing the Holocaust to score political points is deeply offensive and it can be interpreted as anti-Semitic, especially when given the chance to rephrase or apologize the offender (Larry) then does not do so, and instead doubles down on that remark.
If making a reference to Nazis in an online discussion diminishes the Holocaust and is anti-semitic, every who has ever posted on a discussion board from the moment Al Gore invented it to the present day is antisemitic including you

Okay, Grandpa.

But the issue is that once it's been pointed out to be as such, as you and Larry both know.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20398 on: November 11, 2021, 09:46:03 AM »

Except he kept doubling down on it, and claiming it wasn't offensive, though some found it to be, because, among other reasons, he was "more Jewish than Sammy Davis, JR."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:48:14 AM by Hamilton Samuels »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: November 11, 2021, 09:47:35 AM »

Godwins law can be broadly rephrased as:

People will use hyperbole in any political discussion.

Godwin was antisemitic.
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 2924