Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 2772

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 598080 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20970 on: November 18, 2021, 06:38:15 PM »

McMichael jammed himself on the stand today.

Truth is truth
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: November 18, 2021, 06:44:45 PM »

Truth is truth

Yup.

But why on Earth he chose to testify is beyond any of the lawyers I know and his co-defendants must be furious with him.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20973 on: November 18, 2021, 06:47:26 PM »

Rather than just let the press's version be THE version?

I dont know.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: November 18, 2021, 06:53:32 PM »

Rather than just let the press's version be THE version?

I dont know.

The jury wasn't reading the press's version, though, Kid. They watched the video, listened to the testimony.

His statements undermined the defense.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20975 on: November 18, 2021, 06:56:17 PM »

Truth is truth

Dead is dead.

The truth is the defendants chased down and murdered a man for jogging while Black.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: November 18, 2021, 07:02:47 PM »

I posted the picture of Thunberg opposite Rittenhouse. It was labeled our 17 year old vs. their 17 year old.

Ham asked if I was asserting that it is us vs. them.

I've thought about that question since he asked it and considered how I wanted to answer it.

The answer is that whether I like it or not, the answer is currently yes. There is a chasm between how black adolescents are treated and white, when there is no knowledge of a crime's having been committed. There is a chasm between how certain corporations behave around preserving the planet and how the citizens need them to treat the planet. There is an abyss between how the vast majority of GOP congressmen (Reps and Senators both) treat the laws of the land and how others do.

And for the most part, as I have pointed out previously, the response of the GOP to any attempts to compromise, to find middle ground, is to back away further rather than to come closer to said middle ground.

Whether it was Cruz's refusal to vote to fund emergency money for New Jersey, Trump's intransigence about Puerto Rico, or the failure of all but two Republicans to be willing to censure Rep Gosar, the pattern of their collective behavior makes it Them vs. Us, even if "Us" refuses to see or acknowledge it.

And "Us" is not the far left or somewhat left. "Us" is the nation as we have known it. Would that it were not so.

And no, I don't know how to fix it, but I do know that simply lying down and letting them trample "us" is not the way.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20977 on: November 18, 2021, 07:07:18 PM »

I posted the picture of Thunberg opposite Rittenhouse. It was labeled our 17 year old vs. their 17 year old.

I've thought about that question since he asked it and considered how I wanted to answer it.

The answer is that whether I like it or not, the answer is currently yes. There is a chasm between how black adolescents are treated and white, when there is no knowledge of a crime's having been committed. There is a chasm between how certain corporations behave around preserving the planet and how the citizens need them to treat the planet. There is an abyss between how the vast majority of GOP congressmen (Reps and Senators both) treat the laws of the land and how others do.

And for the most part, as I have pointed out previously, the response of the GOP to any attempts to compromise, to find middle ground, is to back away further rather than to come closer to said middle ground.

Whether it was Cruz's refusal to vote to fund emergency money for New Jersey, Trump's intransigence about Puerto Rico, or the failure of all but two Republicans to be willing to censure Rep Gosar, the pattern of their collective behavior makes it Them vs. Us, even if "Us" refuses to see or acknowledge it.

And "Us" is not the far left or somewhat left. "Us" is the nation as we have known it. Would that it were not so.

And no, I don't know how to fix it, but I do know that simply lying down and letting them trample "us" is not the way.

We need the so called moderates to let go of the filibuster to pass voter protection and electoral standards.

Otherwise small d democracy is dead in the USA and the grand experiment of 1776 will be dismantled.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: November 18, 2021, 07:20:22 PM »

Recognize yourself, Larry?

https://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-signs-someone-always-playing-the-victim

Clearly, you fit the profile.

No one plays the victim better than straight white males...

I guess that makes you the exception.

Of course.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: November 18, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »

So, you want me to post something that doesn't exist?

Sorry, Lawrence, but it was you who made a statement that they had accomplishments in Congress, and you have yet to show what they exactly are.

Maybe just STFU, and admit you fucked up once again.

But then, that never happens, does it?

We will have to just chalk it up as another one in the L column for you, Little Larry.

Heh

The Squad is making virulent racists visibly uncomfortable which is making them easier to identify when it would further their racist interests more to just STFU.

This is important because, as we move further into a post-racist society it is good to identify those we are at the end going to have to simply leave behind.

Bye Felicia.

Look, I know you're trying to help out your friend, but that isn't what was asked.

Nice attempt to redirect, though.

Ciao, Lydia.

Do your own homework, chin stain.

http://www.congress.gov/member/rashida-tlaib/T000481?pageSort=dateOfIntroduction%3Aasc

Click through for any member you want.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20980 on: November 18, 2021, 07:23:45 PM »

Recognize yourself, Larry?

https://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-signs-someone-always-playing-the-victim

Clearly, you fit the profile.

No one plays the victim better than straight white males...

I guess that makes you the exception.

Of course.

It is called PROJECTION, Vic.

I am so sorry your ego was crushed by Black women in authority throughout your career.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: November 18, 2021, 07:27:15 PM »

We need the so called moderates to let go of the filibuster to pass voter protection and electoral standards.

Otherwise small d democracy is dead in the USA and the grand experiment of 1776 will be dismantled.

The professional right wing has become a festering cesspit gumbo of various promiscuous criminal elements interbreeding and sharing their diseases.

They will take as much as they can until they are stopped.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20982 on: November 18, 2021, 07:28:07 PM »

So, you want me to post something that doesn't exist?

Sorry, Lawrence, but it was you who made a statement that they had accomplishments in Congress, and you have yet to show what they exactly are.

Maybe just STFU, and admit you fucked up once again.

But then, that never happens, does it?

We will have to just chalk it up as another one in the L column for you, Little Larry.

Heh

The Squad is making virulent racists visibly uncomfortable which is making them easier to identify when it would further their racist interests more to just STFU.

This is important because, as we move further into a post-racist society it is good to identify those we are at the end going to have to simply leave behind.

Bye Felicia.

Look, I know you're trying to help out your friend, but that isn't what was asked.

Nice attempt to redirect, though.

Ciao, Lydia.

Do your own homework, chin stain.

http://www.congress.gov/member/rashida-tlaib/T000481?pageSort=dateOfIntroduction%3Aasc

Click through for any member you want.

But then he would not have the sensual thrill of MAKING me hop to his tune.

Poor boy.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: November 18, 2021, 07:35:37 PM »

It would be cool right now for Greyhound to bring back the SPECIAL where you can ride anywhere in the USA for $69.

I would recommend for everyone to get out there and to see the USA and to meet the people of America. It is a life changing experience and you will have a deeper love of the USA after having seen the country and after having met the people. And for $69 you can not beat it, get out there and see the USA if the chance ever happens.

One memory is going though the mountains of Colorado at night in the winter listening to Garth Brooks on someone's little ghetto blaster, during a blizzard. The lady next to me shared her blanket. It was a great experience. If you get the chance to ride a Greyhound across the country then I recommend it, and if they bring back the $69 special then it is totally advisable to go see America on a Greyhound.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: November 18, 2021, 07:37:39 PM »

My buddies from the Military are all marrying the Russian brides, as they retire.

Then they fish and raise children in Montana.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 2772