Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 2799

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660809 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21030 on: November 19, 2021, 01:21:19 PM »

All those people out there beyond the jungle compound, Colonel Kurtz.
LOL!

Holly Martins

« Reply #21031 on: November 19, 2021, 01:23:12 PM »

I see Biden is transferring executive power to Harris while he has a colonoscopy done today.   If they find any polyps,  I would like to name each of them after Elba members who are pathologically incapable of ever letting go of a personal dispute.
Really, he should have transferred power right after the MoviPrep kicked in.

We will be getting jokes coming out the wazoo.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21032 on: November 19, 2021, 01:24:41 PM »

Self defense holds

Pray for Kenosha.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21033 on: November 19, 2021, 01:27:28 PM »

And America, that it does not become a Mad Max wasteland where every teenager with an attitude can act out their cowboy fantasies with an AR-15. 

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #21034 on: November 19, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »

A man who caused a ruckus Wednesday when he showed up outside the Rittenhouse trial armed with a rifle and chanting against the Black Lives Matter movement is a former police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.

The man, identified as Jesse T. Kline, had been dismissed from the force several years ago, Ferguson Police Chief Frank McCall Jr. confirmed to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Thursday. Kline later confirmed his identity to the Washington Post.

In recent days, reporters outside the Kenosha County Courthouse have reported seeing Kline acting bizarre as he mingled with the onlookers who awaited the Rittenhouse verdict. Then on Wednesday, Kline showed up to the courthouse with a long gun, prompting law enforcement officials to check his identification before requesting that he disarm himself

The wasteland is gaining on us.  For one thing, there is the inverse relationship between tendency to carry a gun and mental competence. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21035 on: November 19, 2021, 01:52:57 PM »

And America, that it does not become a Mad Max wasteland where every teenager with an attitude can act out their cowboy fantasies with an AR-15.
You must be referring to the mob that trashed Kenosha bent on turning it into a wasteland.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21036 on: November 19, 2021, 02:24:24 PM »

You must be referring to the mob that trashed Kenosha bent on turning it into a wasteland.

More like a college campus after a big victory.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21037 on: November 19, 2021, 02:43:03 PM »

Oliver Stone is on Facebook talking about the things that Biden had in common with John F Kennedy, both were Irish, both were Catholic, ad he wrote a whole article and he has been trying to get his article published in the newspapers, the Los Angeles Times, etc, and he is kind of bummed out because none of the newspapers want to publish his article.

So, I told him that he can always speak at the film schools, the film students love Oliver Stone. He can speak at USC, and he can speak at the Dodge Film School at Chapman, and he can speak to the acting students at the AADA, etc. Many schools would love to have Oliver Stone speak there.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21038 on: November 19, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »

People in the city and people in rural areas have different ideas on the issue of guns. In the city a cop can be there in 5 minutes, but in the rural areas a cop might be 60 miles away. In the rural areas you are responsible for your own safety, and for the safety of your family, so the people in rural areas tend to own guns.

It is not up to a cop or a soldier to protect you if you are a cowboy in Nevada, you need to own a gun and you need to be able to protect yourself and your family.

And the people on the news who are talking about how bad guns are tend to be people who live in gated communities in the city with private security guards and with cameras and with the cops close by. The people in the city need to try to understand how it is for the people out in rural areas.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21039 on: November 19, 2021, 03:09:38 PM »

Self defense holds

Pray for Kenosha.

Vigilantes of the World Unite!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21040 on: November 19, 2021, 03:37:25 PM »

During the Watts riot in 1965 I had a friend who was living in Burbank and he was given a rifle and they were organized to help to protect Burbank during the riots. Able bodied men in Burbank were given rifles to protect Burbank during the riot. He still had the rifle, he showed me the rifle and told me the story.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21041 on: November 19, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »

Rittenhouse not guilty. Gun culture us the death if America.

He shall reap what ye shall sow.

I expect the prosecution to appeal based on judicial misconduct. No idea if it will get heard at all.

And the suggestion was made elsewhere that the families of the deceased should file a tort for wrongful death as the standards of proof and winning are different in civil court.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21042 on: November 19, 2021, 03:54:55 PM »

May he be hounded and tormented all of his days. This guy also needs hounding and tormenting pronto,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/11/19/2065233/-Ex-skinhead-with-ties-to-neo-Nazi-terrorists-now-holds-sensitive-DOJ-counterterrorism-position
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21043 on: November 19, 2021, 04:01:16 PM »

During the Watts riot in 1965 I had a friend who was living in Burbank and he was given a rifle and they were organized to help to protect Burbank during the riots. Able bodied men in Burbank were given rifles to protect Burbank during the riot. He still had the rifle, he showed me the rifle and told me the story.

Salute,

Tony V.

During the LA uprising in 1992 a guy I used to work with in artist representation in the mid 80s called me at 2 in the morning to tell me he was afraid and that he was sitting in his living room with a shotgun across his knees. He said he was ready to protect his house and family.

I told him to stop being stupid and take his ass to bed because he lived in Coldwater Canyon.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21044 on: November 19, 2021, 04:06:26 PM »

Kyle Rittenhouse

Woke up this mornin
Got yourself a gun
Your mama always said youd be the chosen one
She said youre  one in a million, you got to burn to shine"
But you were born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
And you woke up this mornin
All that love had gone
Your papa never told you about right and wrong
Hey but youre, but youre looking good, baby
I believe that you're a-feelin fine
Shame about it
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 2799