Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1410 1411 [1412] 1413 1414 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 654031 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21165 on: November 22, 2021, 01:31:49 PM »

Well Biden is silent on the Wisconsin tragedy.
Guess the suspect is not likely to be a white supremacist.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21166 on: November 22, 2021, 01:32:58 PM »

The defendants in Arbery never said they were trying to do a citizens' arrest on the night of the killing.

That they claim it now is just an attempt to cover up their actions.

They did not know whether or not a crime had been committed. They saw no crime - they saw a Black man running down the street.

They did not call 911. They attempted to stop him on their own.

I sure hope they don't get off, based on the evidence the public has seen and heard to this point.

Even if they had been trying to do a citizen's arrest, it did not merit it under the law in place at the time (let alone the reformed version).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21167 on: November 22, 2021, 01:38:32 PM »

Like with Rittenhouse I am sure there is info you do not have or that you have incorrectly

I expect a conviction but not on the top charge of malice murder.  Maybe 15-20 yrs (I am not aware of sentence structure, just guessing) for the shooter

Lesser charges and likely little or no jail time for the dad and neighbour
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21168 on: November 22, 2021, 02:12:18 PM »

Well Biden is silent on the Wisconsin tragedy.
Guess the suspect is not likely to be a white supremacist.

Except that's a false statement.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #21169 on: November 22, 2021, 02:19:08 PM »

You need a Ward translator.   For example, Biden is silent usually translates as I did not see Biden reaction in my Far Right propaganda feed.

It does seem likely an attack on Wisconsin suburbanites in a Xmas parade is not a white supremacist attack.  It also wasnt Martians or Chechen rebels.   
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21170 on: November 22, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »

The driver of the SUV in Wisconsin.

He had also been accused of running over the mother of his child in early November before making bail, court docs reveal

Death penalty case, for sure.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21171 on: November 22, 2021, 03:49:02 PM »

Not a DP guy,  but what is coming out in witness reports suggests a cold blooded psychopath mowing people down without one tiny shred of mercy.  Not slowing down or swerving.  If he was just fleeing from another crime,  why not go down a side street, an unblocked path?   There is a point at which I find myself visualizing the guys head on a pike while crows and squirrels pick out the juicy bits.   Many people including children in critical condition. 

Right at this moment I am the metaphorical liberal who just got mugged.  But when I am less outraged,  I will still say this should not be a fulcrum for fascism and disproportionate sentencing of anyone who reminds a jury of this monster.  Most people are not psychopaths.   Most broken people can receive care if we are willing to invest in mental health,  and are not going to end up running down a crowd.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21172 on: November 22, 2021, 04:07:19 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/21/media/jonah-goldberg-stephen-hayes-fox-news-reliable-sources/index.html

Two resign from Fox News because of ongoing irresponsible voices the network permits.

That was a pretty rash decision considering they have been there since (checks watch) 2009.

What took them so long?

Read the statement

I been telling everyone in here this shit was coming... and that made me an anti Semite.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21173 on: November 22, 2021, 04:09:05 PM »

Like with Rittenhouse I am sure there is info you do not have or that you have incorrectly

I expect a conviction but not on the top charge of malice murder.  Maybe 15-20 yrs (I am not aware of sentence structure, just guessing) for the shooter

Lesser charges and likely little or no jail time for the dad and neighbour

They lynched the guy
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21174 on: November 22, 2021, 04:11:10 PM »

Not a DP guy,  but what is coming out in witness reports suggests a cold blooded psychopath mowing people down without one tiny shred of mercy.  Not slowing down or swerving.  If he was just fleeing from another crime,  why not go down a side street, an unblocked path?   There is a point at which I find myself visualizing the guys head on a pike while crows and squirrels pick out the juicy bits.   Many people including children in critical condition. 

Right at this moment I am the metaphorical liberal who just got mugged.  But when I am less outraged,  I will still say this should not be a fulcrum for fascism and disproportionate sentencing of anyone who reminds a jury of this monster.  Most people are not psychopaths.   Most broken people can receive care if we are willing to invest in mental health,  and are not going to end up running down a crowd.

It doesn't matter that most people aren't psychopaths.

When they show themselves to be as such, that's our chance to eliminate them, as we should in order to continue to protect most people.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21175 on: November 22, 2021, 04:12:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/21/media/jonah-goldberg-stephen-hayes-fox-news-reliable-sources/index.html

Two resign from Fox News because of ongoing irresponsible voices the network permits.

That was a pretty rash decision considering they have been there since (checks watch) 2009.

What took them so long?

Read the statement

I been telling everyone in here this shit was coming... and that made me an anti Semite.

You were already proven to be antiSemitic.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21176 on: November 22, 2021, 04:23:25 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21177 on: November 22, 2021, 04:32:01 PM »

Swindling swindlers caught up in a swindle-storm: https://news.yahoo.com/battle-rittenhouse-bail-refund-likely-162200421.html

Your GOP in action.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21178 on: November 22, 2021, 04:35:51 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21179 on: November 22, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »

The justice system is broken when repeat criminals are allowed to return to their chosen profession time and again.

But it's easier to blame the police than the criminals, right?

Darrell Brooks has been charged with crimes 10 times since 1999

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/11/22/suspect-waukesha-parade-incident-identified-darrell-brooks-jr/8717524002/

Pages: 1 ... 1410 1411 [1412] 1413 1414 ... 2787