Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1449 1450 [1451] 1452 1453 ... 2776

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 635841 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21750 on: December 03, 2021, 05:43:26 PM »

Sadly the gun, the ammo are too readily available, the parents are irresponsible cretins and the kid needed help, but did not get it.

Had the school called authorities, he may have.  And we would have had no shooting.

Look for opinions like this from others in the coming days

Not an either/or situation here.  School should not have allowed boy back in classroom after the note was found.  Parents should have taken him home or to a mental health facility, and not left a firearm unlocked, or purchased one in the first place for a boy clearly showing signs of disturbed thoughts.   This incident is a jaw dropping cluster of ignored red flags, combined with a culture that portrays gun violence as how heroic men of action resolve conflicts.

School acts as a SAFEGUARD vs poor parental behavior - as when a child has marks on them from abuse.  MUST be reported to authorities.

Don't lose focus, Kid.

Here's a safeguard.

You purchase a gun, but you can't have it for 10 days. You get the gun, but you can't have ammo for it for 10 more days. Such a cooling off period would save a lot of lives, and give time for other "marks" (the mentally ill kind) to reveal themselves.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21751 on: December 03, 2021, 05:45:37 PM »

If President Biden is taking away some of teh Florida guardsmen, DeSantis is simply replacing the manpower.  That they would be under greater control is a bonus.

Incorrect. Biden is taking away no one. 

Of course he is

Its OK - problem solved for now

He is not.   Someone refusing a basic public health requirement for their job is taking themself out of the Guard.   Just as I would be rejecting my own employment in a hospital, were I to refuse to vaccinate.  People are accountable for their decisions.  It is in no ones interest to have an unvaccinated member of an emergency team, and we need a National Guard that makes sure its members act responsibly.   Why does someone have to duck this reality for a partisan political movement?  Really think this over. 

I am guessing that kid would be opposed to employers drug-testing their employees, too. I mean, if he wishes to be consistent with his thinking about Biden's policies.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21752 on: December 03, 2021, 05:45:58 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #21753 on: December 03, 2021, 05:50:08 PM »

Sadly the gun, the ammo are too readily available, the parents are irresponsible cretins and the kid needed help, but did not get it.

Had the school called authorities, he may have.  And we would have had no shooting.

Not an either/or situation here.  School should not have allowed boy back in classroom after the note was found.  Parents should have taken him home or to a mental health facility, and not left a firearm unlocked, or purchased one in the first place for a boy clearly showing signs of disturbed thoughts.   This incident is a jaw dropping cluster of ignored red flags, combined with a culture that portrays gun violence as how heroic men of action resolve conflicts.

School acts as a SAFEGUARD vs poor parental behavior - as when a child has marks on them from abuse.  MUST be reported to authorities.

Pleas do not argue for the sake of arguing.  Learn how to say, "I agree"

Jesus.  I was expanding on what you said about the school ignoring the danger.  I was not disagreeing, just adding my own big picture context.  Learn to tolerate a slightly different perspective.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #21754 on: December 03, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »

I am guessing that kid would be opposed to employers drug-testing their employees, too. I mean, if he wishes to be consistent with his thinking about Biden's policies.

I have no clear sense of kids position on this.  But yes, one could ask would require drug tests of transit workers be the government quote taking away unquote transit staff? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21755 on: December 03, 2021, 05:57:24 PM »

If President Biden is taking away some of teh Florida guardsmen, DeSantis is simply replacing the manpower.  That they would be under greater control is a bonus.

Incorrect. Biden is taking away no one.  Just requiring Guardsmen who rescue babies and old folks and and so on, to meet the obvious public safety requirements and be vaccinated.  Many jobs of public service require this.  In this case, the value is obvious.  Hauling a vulnerable person from a flooded building or other disaster involves close contact.   

You might want to pay attention to Oklahoma and their  lawsuit against the Biden vaccine mandates for the National Guard.
Guard members are paid with Federal Funds but are controlled by the State.
In his lawsuit Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt argues he serves as commander in chief of the Oklahoma National Guard unless they are deployed by the President which takes a mechanism that is usually reserved for missions abroad.
Therefore, unless mobilized by the President of the United States under U.S. Code Title 10, I retain the authority for all training and governance of the Oklahoma National Guard , including determining if and how training guidelines issued by the president will be implemented.

So far Biden has not fared well when trying to work around the Constitution.

Vaccination during a pandemic is not a training guideline.
Huh?
And dozens of constitutional precedents allow all military branches to require public health measures.
  And require those on a federal payroll to follow such measures as a condition of employment. 
Huh?squared
There is no constitutional workaround here.
Of course not. It has already been found to be unconstitutional in all of the Brandon orders.
He got you hook, line, and sinker.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21756 on: December 03, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »

I have no clear sense of kids position on this.  But yes, one could ask would require drug tests of transit workers be the government quote taking away unquote transit staff?

I'm sorry, but could you rephrase?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #21757 on: December 03, 2021, 06:07:13 PM »

I find it mind boggling and depressing that on one hand as covid still rages and claim victims, and holds us hostage to its ability to evolve, sensible and effective solutions have constantly been under attack by so many Republicans, claiming its their right to opt out and put others at risk as they exercise their freedom of choice. While on the other hand many of those same Republicans say it is also within their right to claim a woman's right to make her own medical choices to do what she feels right for herself.

The hypocrisy is stunning and I suspect that if the Republican hypocrisy wins out, which seems likely, we will be a much poorer society for it.

You sound surprised by the actions of the GOP Death Cult.

Not so much surprised, as disappointed. When I think of cults, I think of Manson and his family, Jim Jones, David Karesh, et. dangerous sociopaths with a relatively few brainwashed followers/victims, not the former president, Senate and House leaders, religious zealots, and moneyed interests who are shepherding millions of gullible fools for short-term politcal gains that will turn us into a hopelessly divided and weakened country.

Biden had one critical job in his first 2 years, get America healthy and back on the road to normal and those treasonous motherfuckers will fight him every step of the way.

its disappointing and people are going to suffer and die.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21758 on: December 03, 2021, 06:13:55 PM »

I find it mind boggling and depressing that on one hand as covid still rages and claim victims, and holds us hostage to its ability to evolve, sensible and effective solutions have constantly been under attack by so many Republicans, claiming its their right to opt out and put others at risk as they exercise their freedom of choice. While on the other hand many of those same Republicans say it is also within their right to claim a woman's right to make her own medical choices to do what she feels right for herself.

The hypocrisy is stunning and I suspect that if the Republican hypocrisy wins out, which seems likely, we will be a much poorer society for it.

You sound surprised by the actions of the GOP Death Cult.

Not so much surprised, as disappointed. When I think of cults, I think of Manson and his family, Jim Jones, David Karesh, et. dangerous sociopaths with a relatively few brainwashed followers/victims, not the former president, Senate and House leaders, religious zealots, and moneyed interests who are shepherding millions of gullible fools for short-term politcal gains that will turn us into a hopelessly divided and weakened country.

Biden had one critical job in his first 2 years, get America healthy and back on the road to normal and those treasonous motherfuckers will fight him every step of the way.

its disappointing and people are going to suffer and die.

I wish I could say I was disappointed by these cretins but I have seen this coming from miles and years away.

This is a cult and (we are) witnessing a slow motion Jonestown

https://twitter.com/marshablackburn/status/1313273763568455687?s=21
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:20:33 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21759 on: December 03, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »

School administrators fucked up royally and will definitely face some non criminal liability. The parents are deservedly fucked.

They probably on the lam thinking they are owning the libs...

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21760 on: December 03, 2021, 09:04:15 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21761 on: December 03, 2021, 09:13:57 PM »

Don't lose focus, Kid.

Here's a safeguard.

You purchase a gun, but you can't have it for 10 days. You get the gun, but you can't have ammo for it for 10 more days. Such a cooling off period would save a lot of lives, and give time for other "marks" (the mentally ill kind) to reveal themselves.

Why would I disagree?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21763 on: December 04, 2021, 08:22:54 AM »

Oh, those polls!

57% of voters do not  believe the federal government should have the power to make vaccination mandatory,

Only 35% do.

Rasmussen
12/4/2021

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21764 on: December 04, 2021, 10:04:31 AM »

Don't lose focus, Kid.

Here's a safeguard.

Why would I disagree?

Not saying you would. Just keep the focus on the access to guns by mentally ill.
Pages: 1 ... 1449 1450 [1451] 1452 1453 ... 2776