Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762346 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22530 on: December 24, 2021, 02:43:59 PM »

Christmas remains the most important holiday, Americans say, and more plan to attend religious services to celebrate the holiday this year.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 44% of American Adults will attend a religious service this holiday season, up from 39% last year, when the COVID-19 pandemic suppressed attendance,

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22531 on: December 24, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

Christmas remains the most important holiday, Americans say, and more plan to attend religious services to celebrate the holiday this year.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 44% of American Adults will attend a religious service this holiday season, up from 39% last year, when the COVID-19 pandemic suppressed attendance,

So?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22532 on: December 24, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »

Wow - the Kim Potter trial not turning out as we all thought.  Jury truly deadlocked.  Have no idea how this plays out.  Feel for everyone in this one.

Especially Daunte Wright...

Guilty ...of first and second degree manslaughter.
Judge declined her lawyer's request she be allowed out on bail to spend Christmas with her family.
BLM got a mention in the news report.
Will probably get 7 years in prison...news said. Only one supporter, her husband.

"Same prosecutors as for Chauvin".

Her first mistake was being a cop.
Her second mistake was, having made the first mistake, trying to arrest anyone.

Except that her case is nothing like Chauvin's.

If Daunte Wright hadn't had an outstanding arrest warrant, and hadn't resisted arrest, he wouldn't have been shot with a gun by mistake instead of a taser, and would be alive today.

Officer Potter said if she had not been training the new officer she would not have pulled Wright over for the air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

She was teaching the new guy to over police the community.

I dont think she was the one that pulled him over
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: December 24, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »

No, her mistake was reaching for the wrong weapon.

His mistake was not showing up for his bench warrant, and then resisting arrest, and then trying to flee a group of police officers.

Her mistake costs her freedom. His cost him his life.

But, it wasn't much of a life, anyway.

The world will keep turning without folks like Daunte Wright in it.

I'll pause while you all dry your eyes at this great loss for humanity.

I just figure he was worth two or three of you and leave it at that.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22534 on: December 24, 2021, 03:32:53 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/us/north-hollywood-burlington-police-shooting-teen-shopper-killed/index.html

What charge should the officer who fired that shot face, if any?

How could you possibly offer an opinion on this incident at this time?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: December 24, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »

Congress can gibbet the sedition six, Jordan, Perry, Brooks, et. al., in the fresh air of Layette Park until they make their full confessions. This is entirely based on the will of the House majority with no room for interference from the executive or from the courts.

If I recall what a gibbet is, you cannot confess from it.  When you are hoisted on a gibbet, you are already a corpse. The gibbet is for displaying it, as a moral lesson.  Not an image I entirely mind savoring for a moment.  Cheers.

You can gibbet live prisoners as well as corpses.  It is basically a cage suspended from a chain. The moral lesson is exactly the point.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: December 24, 2021, 03:43:28 PM »

So?

Red is making the case that Christians are a minority in the United States and that secularism should be paramount while religious fanatics should be expelled from all judicial postings.

Since cults built around dead men have shown themselves to easily slip into being mere death cults, I have to agree.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22537 on: December 24, 2021, 04:00:54 PM »

I did not know you could gibbet the living.  Damn, I feel that a lot of suspendable cages are presently going to waste or being used frivolously in exotic dancer bars. 

I notice Red ducks out when called on Alec Baldwin culpability BS.  Change the subject to church attendance!   

The armorer and assistant are responsible to make sure there are no live rounds on set and that weapons are in good condition and will not accidentally discharge.  Baldwin did not pull the trigger, I believe him on that point.  He was given a defective prop that was lethal in anyone's hands.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: December 24, 2021, 04:01:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/us/north-hollywood-burlington-police-shooting-teen-shopper-killed/index.html

What charge should the officer who fired that shot face, if any?

How could you possibly offer an opinion on this incident at this time?

An innocent was shot. The police believe one of theirs shot the teen. Let's assume for the moment that the police are right.

How can you not have an opinion on this incident at this time? You offer opinions based on far less information than that, regularly.

But assume for the moment that what we have been told is the truth.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: December 24, 2021, 04:29:32 PM »

The armorer and assistant are responsible to make sure there are no live rounds on set and that weapons are in good condition and will not accidentally discharge.  Baldwin did not pull the trigger, I believe him on that point.  He was given a defective prop that was lethal in anyone's hands.

You sure do know a lot about guns

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: December 24, 2021, 04:35:30 PM »

You sure do know a lot about guns

That's not knowing about guns. That's knowing a lot about props/movie craft and knowing something about what has been said of the case.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: December 24, 2021, 04:50:18 PM »

I did not know you could gibbet the living.  Damn, I feel that a lot of suspendable cages are presently going to waste or being used frivolously in exotic dancer bars. 

I notice Red ducks out when called on Alec Baldwin culpability BS.  Change the subject to church attendance!   
your ADD is worsening. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 04:52:10 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: December 24, 2021, 05:24:01 PM »

No, her mistake was reaching for the wrong weapon.

His mistake was not showing up for his bench warrant, and then resisting arrest, and then trying to flee a group of police officers.

Her mistake costs her freedom. His cost him his life.

But, it wasn't much of a life, anyway.

The world will keep turning without folks like Daunte Wright in it.

I'll pause while you all dry your eyes at this great loss for humanity.

No, her mistake cost him his life.

You can keep saying it was his mistake from now til doomsday, but he did nothing that should have led to his death. She was a training officer and if she cannot tell her left from her right, then she had no business being in that position.

There was no urgency to stopping him. He wasn't a threat.

And while you see no great loss, I would bet that his 2 year old would beg to differ.

It's an on/off situation.

One less skel on the streets, and one more incompetent cop off the beat.

Society wins both ways.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22544 on: December 24, 2021, 05:25:09 PM »

And while you see no great loss, I would bet that his 2 year old would beg to differ.

And if anyone took the time they could now trace this fatherless child's path - and form a connection.  But not many take that time.

How/where does it end?  Not where good men do nothing.  Not ever, likely.

You take the life you are given - and live it.  Survive the madness.  Everyone has their fun - and their grief.  No exceptions.

Don't worry, josh will adopt the poor bastard.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 2929