Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762979 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22665 on: December 29, 2021, 06:23:49 PM »

It is a particular sort of attribute.  They were not all terrible, I did not mean that.   And I presume Biden is not there because he is only on his first year, so this attribute would not be determinable.  Perhaps it is useful to ask why Nixon is not omitted.  More than that I cannot say.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22666 on: December 29, 2021, 07:00:00 PM »

It is a particular sort of attribute.  They were not all terrible, I did not mean that.   And I presume Biden is not there because he is only on his first year, so this attribute would not be determinable.  Perhaps it is useful to ask why Nixon is not omitted.  More than that I cannot say.

My assumption is that the book was published prior to Trump's election.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #22667 on: December 29, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »

Got it.  Yep, Harding and Nixon are included, even though terrible in some ways.  But you look at the omitted ones and its clear that it is not necessarily malfeasance and character issues, but something more...quantifiable. 

Cool puzzle.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Holly Martins

« Reply #22668 on: December 29, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »

Yes.  It is helpful to know that Trump could have been included if the puzzle were more recent.  I will post what I think is the common feature over in Fitness and Nutrition, a location useful for not accidentally stumbling over it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22669 on: December 29, 2021, 09:00:25 PM »

Yes.  It is helpful to know that Trump could have been included if the puzzle were more recent.  I will post what I think is the common feature over in Fitness and Nutrition, a location useful for not accidentally stumbling over it.

laughs

Good idea!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22671 on: December 29, 2021, 09:41:05 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22672 on: December 29, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »

pot is a gateway drug to pot. Potheads I know would not think of doing anything else.

I agree with this 100%
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22673 on: December 29, 2021, 10:08:31 PM »

Cable news rating note

Americans flocked to Fox News for information and analysis as the network topped both CNN and MSNBC every single weekday hour by double- and triple-digit percent advantages during the final quarter of its 25th anniversary year.  

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22674 on: December 29, 2021, 10:29:13 PM »

Cable news rating note

Americans flocked to Fox News for information and analysis as the network topped both CNN and MSNBC every single weekday hour by double- and triple-digit percent advantages during the final quarter of its 25th anniversary year. 

De gustibus non est disputandum.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22675 on: December 29, 2021, 10:52:48 PM »

Mahfuckah talking about cable tv ratings while one his partys heroines is spouting prelude to genocide rhetoric..

ACHTUNG BITCHES!

The Georgia congresswoman went on a tear earlier on Wednesday, accusing the Democrats in power of running a Communist regime.

Yes our foundation is infested with freedom killing termites, our agencies are running a regime change on our own soil like they have done in foreign countries for decades, and the all powerful propaganda machine is serving the regime...but their lies and tyranny are failing them, Greene wrote.

Debate over a vague national divorce is a symptom of the hyper-partisan environment that is reaching nearly every facet of American life, from the economy to medicine to education.

And according to a CIA adviser who monitors nations in danger of slipping into civil war, that kind of conflict may hit the United States sooner rather than later.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10353585/Majorie-Taylor-Greene-calls-National-Divorce-Democrat-Republican-run-states.html

During the Holocaust, Nazis referred to Jews as rats. Hutus involved in the Rwanda genocide called Tutsis cockroaches. Slave owners throughout history considered slaves subhuman animals. In Less Than Human, David Livingstone Smith argues that it's important to define and describe dehumanization, because it's what opens the door for cruelty and genocide.

https://www.npr.org/2011/03/29/134956180/criminals-see-their-victims-as-less-than-human

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22676 on: December 29, 2021, 11:03:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1476303927515701250

FLORIDA -- Surpassing all-time #COVID19 high with hospitalizations surging like clockwork behind the case rise. Some claimed Florida was as "herd" and #Omicon protected because of recent July-September #DeltaVariant wave. This looks unlikely.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 11:05:55 PM by josh »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: December 30, 2021, 12:41:56 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: December 30, 2021, 12:59:50 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: December 30, 2021, 01:01:40 AM »

Good God

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-doctor-monoclonal-antibody-treatments

Your gullibility quotient is really high, Kid.

This is an Emergency Doctor by training and practice who has been arguing against mandatory vaccinations for medical professionals since they were put in place, insisting that we are paying insufficient attention to those with "natural immunity" to COVID-19, and bunches of other positions that run against whatever the Biden administration has recommended or required.

The Fox story has errors in it, as well, but I am not going to bother with those, either.

Oh, Dr. E? He just happens to be a Republican, also. I am sure that is a coincidence.
Pages: 1 ... 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 ... 2929