Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764823 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23055 on: January 11, 2022, 08:30:03 PM »

We need to keep our water clean, and we need to be able to eat safe healthy fish. I used to catch fish and then feed over 100 people free fish tacos, with free live music.

Now I am going to picture you as Ted Neely.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: January 11, 2022, 08:54:54 PM »

My town started out wanting to make wine and have a commune, they wanted to make wine and have a utopia. They ended up having oranges, and strawberries, and strawberry jelly, etc.

Knott's Berry Farm became huge. My Mother went there as a child when it was free. She lived in Westminster in the 1950s and they went to Knott's for free.

https://www.knottsberryfarmfoods.com/

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: January 11, 2022, 08:57:56 PM »

I constantly say it.
You can hate Trump but you cannot hate all the people who like him since it is half the country.
And you cannot set yourself up  as some sort of moral paragon because this is  your political belief and somebody else has taken a another one.
I feel that is the Achilles Heel of the left right now.
They identify issues mostly mostly what they can feel superior to another person for.

Bill Maher

I would also include more readily accessible polling stations and permission for folks to feed/provide water to those standing in line more than an hour and permission for folks to provide rides to the polling stations in groups.

No state denies a voter the opportunity to get water while in line at a polling place  nor does it deny them a Door Dash delivery.   And no one anywhere is denied providing transportation to the voting booth.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23058 on: January 11, 2022, 09:00:09 PM »

Stacy Abrams had a scheduling conflict to prevent her from meeting with Brandon over Voting Rights?

LOL!

What a joke.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23059 on: January 11, 2022, 09:18:25 PM »

Kinda suspected that giving Red a thoughtful answer to his Bill Maher post, offering a handshake across the divide, was going to be a complete waste of time. 

Fuck it.  Eat the rich.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: January 11, 2022, 10:02:51 PM »

I constantly say it.
You can hate Trump but you cannot hate all the people who like him since it is half the country.
And you cannot set yourself up  as some sort of moral paragon because this is  your political belief and somebody else has taken a another one.
They identify issues mostly mostly what they can feel superior to another person for.

Bill Maher

I would also include more readily accessible polling stations and permission for folks to feed/provide water to those standing in line more than an hour and permission for folks to provide rides to the polling stations in groups.

No state denies a voter the opportunity to get water while in line at a polling place  nor does it deny them a Door Dash delivery.   And no one anywhere is denied providing transportation to the voting booth.

You are mistaken, but what else is new?

Doordash may be permitted, but FREE food and water are not.

You don't see a problem with that, but it is biased against the poor and largely against minorities.

Michigan's 1895 law prohibited "hiring carriages to take ambulatory voters to the polls" and is "aimed at preventing a kind of voter fraud known as 'vote-hauling,'" Boggs wrote.

A federal appeals court upheld the law, which prevents companies like Uber and Lyft from providing free rides and also prevents anybody from hiring buses to transport groups of voters.

Again, I am sure you think this is fine. It was, after all, the GOP that sued to keep the law in place.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23061 on: January 11, 2022, 10:14:05 PM »

Kinda suspected that giving Red a thoughtful answer to his Bill Maher post, offering a handshake across the divide, was going to be a complete waste of time. 

Fuck it.  Eat the rich.

Yup. We have done the math. It works out to the benefit of everyone, including dinner who get to go on to the next life as somewhat skinnier camels.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: January 11, 2022, 10:25:44 PM »

I constantly say it.

Bill Maher

Wrong.
Deliberately wrong,
Michigan's 1895 law prohibited "hiring carriages to take ambulatory voters to the polls" and is "aimed at preventing a kind of voter fraud known as 'vote-hauling,'" Boggs wrote.

A federal appeals court upheld the law, which prevents companies like Uber and Lyft from providing free rides and also prevents anybody from hiring buses to transport groups of voters.

Again, I am sure you think this is fine. It was, after all, the GOP that sued to keep the law in place.
Nice dodge.
But you miss the point.
As always.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: January 11, 2022, 10:41:48 PM »

I constantly say it.

Bill Maher

Wrong.
Deliberately wrong,

Nice dodge.
But you miss the point.
As always.

Stupid dodge, as usual.

You made claims that were convenient, but bogus.

And you cannot admit it.

Back to not responding to you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: January 11, 2022, 11:06:13 PM »

I constantly say it.

Bill Maher

Wrong.
Deliberately wrong,

Nice dodge.
But you miss the point.
As always.

Stupid dodge, as usual.

You made claims that were convenient, but bogus.

And you cannot admit it.

Back to not responding to you.
LOL!
Everything you posted is a deliberate lie
In the real world you would be banned for total lies.
How fortunate you are the moderator.
You admit your lies by not responding.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: January 11, 2022, 11:17:12 PM »

While Red fucks himself stupider and poisons his brain, good things are happen to worthwhile people who have not traded their future for the ugliest available pack of lies.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/11/2074054/--A-great-triumph-for-us-California-law-giving-farmworkers-overtime-time-pay-fully-kicks-in

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: January 11, 2022, 11:29:52 PM »

"I have nothing to write today. Hmmm..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/opinion/democratic-ticket-liz-cheney-2024.html

Should have just taken the day off, Thomas.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23067 on: January 12, 2022, 12:04:35 AM »

For Ward and Bambu:

https://dissentpins.com/collections/all/products/conspiracy-theory-kit

"Build your own conspiracy theory" Kit!

Our new Build Your Own Conspiracy Theory Kit includes over 350 totally reliable words and phrases that you can piece together to prep for Fox News appearances or entertain your friends. Just scramble the tiles and blame your failures on the dark underworld that controls the Academy of Motion Pictures or find fun new topics to discuss with your uncle who watches Tucker Carlson.

Kit contains 351 word tiles that magnetically stick to your fridge, filing cabinet, or anyone who received their second shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

50% of profits from this kit will be donated to candidates and organizations working to defeat QAnon supporters running for Congress.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: January 12, 2022, 01:32:11 AM »

Agree? Or disagree?

And why?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: January 12, 2022, 03:41:38 AM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2022/01/11/the-green-bay-sweep-is-inextricably-tied-to-the-violent-mob/

Team trump, perp walk edition will be one of those intertwined moments Burns speaks of.
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 2929