Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745781 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23385 on: January 24, 2022, 01:20:09 PM »

We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, we need to get them into housing. We can bring in architects from Greece and from Spain, and we can build housing in Battle Mountain, Nevada, etc.

And for the Muslim refugees living in refugee camps, they can send the Muslim refugees to Abu Dhabi and to Dubai.

We need to ease the suffering in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23386 on: January 24, 2022, 01:50:57 PM »

We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, we need to get them into housing. We can bring in architects from Greece and from Spain, and we can build housing in Battle Mountain, Nevada, etc.

And for the Muslim refugees living in refugee camps, they can send the Muslim refugees to Abu Dhabi and to Dubai.

We need to ease the suffering in the world.

Tony, I know you seldom respond to us when we write back to you, but...

1) We do not need architects for housing for the homeless. We have ample housing designs already. It's a needless expense.

2) Building housing in Nevada for the homeless of LA presumes that the homeless are not in LA by choice, unless you are planning on moving them by force, which seems likelier to increase suffering, not decrease it.

3) The same applies to the refugees in various camps. They cannot be arbitrarily moved anywhere without their consent and I think you will be surprised at how few wish to move anywhere.

4) You might also want to check with the governments in Nevada and Abu Dhabi and Dubai to make sure they want to be housing these relative strangers before doing any building, let alone moving of people.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23387 on: January 24, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »

Josh, the money is being allocated to help the homeless, but the building of the housing is not happening fast enough. There needs to be a sense of urgency. We can create jobs by building housing, and there is Homeboy Industries, and Habitat For Humanity, etc, we need to get busy and we need to have a sense of urgency.

And a lot of the new architecture is boring, the architects need to have fun and they need to build great stuff, with swimming pools and tennis courts, etc. And bringing in architects from Greece and from Spain, etc, makes sense, they can build great stuff, and the more the better when it comes to getting people into housing as quickly as possible.

And certainly the people have freedom of choice on where they live. But living in a tent on the sidewalk in Los Angeles is horrible, I would think that many people would rather have a studio apartment in Battle Mountain, Nevada, with a swimming pool and with tennis courts. If you build it, they will come. If you bring in a great architect from Greece, and if you build a great apartment complex like in Santorini, Greece, with pools and tennis courts, etc, then certainly the homeless people will move to live there.

For the refugees in the refugee camps, I am sure that the Muslim refugees would approve of moving to live in Abu Dhabi and to Dubai. They can be essential workers in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai.

Some people cannot help themselves, they need the help of other people. And we cannot just ignore the suffering of the homeless and of the refugees. We need to take action if we have the power to help. My power is the power to write and to send messages to people, and to bring attention to the suffering in our midst, I have a voice which I can use to help the homeless, etc.

The money is there to help the homeless, we need to take action, and we need to build the housing. And when we build housing then we need to build great housing that is fun. The architects need to have fun.

If you build it, they will come.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:28:43 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23388 on: January 24, 2022, 02:59:08 PM »

I was homeless for 2 years, and then later I came out of the hospital and became homeless again when a wonderful wealthy woman from the Philippines helped me. She was my wealthiest friend. She helped me after I came out of the hospital homeless, she put me in an expensive mansion in a nice neighborhood and she fed me good food which she lovingly cooked herself. She nurtured me back to health, and then when I moved into my own apartment then she gave me furniture for my apartment. So, I know what it is like to need help, and to be out there homeless, and my wealthy friend Lisa saved me, she was my hero. She died last year. So sad. She was a wonderful person.

So, I know what it is like to need help, and my hero Lisa from the Philippines helped me when I needed help.

And in life if I can be of service to other people, and if I can be like my friend Lisa was and help others, then I want to help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23389 on: January 24, 2022, 03:54:26 PM »

As we help people, then we need for them to help the other people, like the hippies and flower children, the smart people need to help the uneducated people, and the people who are good in business need to create jobs for the poor people, and they need to show love for their neighbors. As they are given an apartment freely, then so too must they give to others as they are able. We need for the people in the new communities to help each other, and to help the other homeless people as they are able.

I Have seen people who were homeless rise up and help others and manage shelters, etc. As people are helped, then they can help the next person.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23390 on: January 24, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »

I was homeless for 2 years, and then later I came out of the hospital and became homeless again when a wonderful wealthy woman from the Philippines helped me. She was my wealthiest friend. She helped me after I came out of the hospital homeless, she put me in an expensive mansion in a nice neighborhood and she fed me good food which she lovingly cooked herself. She nurtured me back to health, and then when I moved into my own apartment then she gave me furniture for my apartment. So, I know what it is like to need help, and to be out there homeless, and my wealthy friend Lisa saved me, she was my hero. She died last year. So sad. She was a wonderful person.

So, I know what it is like to need help, and my hero Lisa from the Philippines helped me when I needed help.

And in life if I can be of service to other people, and if I can be like my friend Lisa was and help others, then I want to help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.
Does the name "Joe Gillis" mean anything to you?
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: January 24, 2022, 05:11:36 PM »

Joe Gillis. I believe he once said, "Ask not what you can do for the homeless. Ask what the homeless can do for you."
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #23394 on: January 24, 2022, 09:04:09 PM »

As long as the lady is paying for it, why not take the vicuna?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23395 on: January 24, 2022, 10:16:39 PM »

I sent a message to Secretary Marcia Fudge about building housing for our homeless people, the 5 year waiting list for HUD housing is ridiculous. We need to build in Nevada like crazy, including in Battle Mountain.

We cannot just ignore our homeless people on our streets. We need to build like crazy. Including building in Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23396 on: January 24, 2022, 10:21:56 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23397 on: January 24, 2022, 10:30:01 PM »

Here is what an apartment complex looks like in Santorini, Greece... This is the kind of stuff that we need to build in Battle Mountain, Nevada. The architects need to have fun and they need to build great stuff. With swimming pools and tennis courts, etc.

Battle Mountain is cold in the winter, so the swimming pools would have to be heated.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:31:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23399 on: January 25, 2022, 04:44:50 AM »