Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743470 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24585 on: February 20, 2022, 07:52:43 PM »

One reason why stars need to make the big bucks is because their whole life changes, and they have to worry about stalkers, etc.

When I worked for Suzanne Pleshette a lot of the guys who I worked with wore bullet proof vests. I did not sweat it, I have lived in bad neighborhoods and I was not afraid to be a doorman in a good neighborhood.

But, a lot of the stars have to worry about stalkers, so they need security, and they need to be paid enough to be able to live in a safe home, etc.

And when I worked at Gemstar, we had body guards for the stars, along with limousines and private jets.

When you get rich and famous then you need security, and everything changes.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24586 on: February 20, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »

Little pink houses for you and me...(maybe 250 square feet if we're lucky)

https://apnews.com/article/business-lifestyle-us-news-miami-florida-a4717c05df3cb0530b73a4fe998ec5d1

It's nuts - our house's value's gone up $10 since December. And that's the lower valuation.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24587 on: February 20, 2022, 09:00:41 PM »

These mother truckers held up the economies of two countries because they do not believe in vaccines and masks. You have priests and Fox news defending them. What is going on? A friend said it is purely racist for les habitants. Can anyone enlighten?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24588 on: February 20, 2022, 09:20:35 PM »

No, Luee.  But there is about to be war in Ukraine.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24589 on: February 20, 2022, 09:25:37 PM »

Maybe...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24590 on: February 20, 2022, 10:48:54 PM »

These mother truckers held up the economies of two countries because they do not believe in vaccines and masks. You have priests and Fox news defending them. What is going on? A friend said it is purely racist for les habitants. Can anyone enlighten?

Priests, with their extensive recent history of paedophilia and terrorizing vulnerable women, find themselves now naturally on the side of spreading sickness and death. Fox attacks society with baseless poisonous lies as its core business model and has for years. These are anti-American, anti-human institutions. Both groups promote self destruction and work to tear down all the good and wholesome things that limit their influence.

They stand by book burning and domestic violence as well. Everyone would clearly be better off if no one heard from priests or Fox news ever again.

It all makes much more sense of you stop confusing them with good or even normal people.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24591 on: February 20, 2022, 11:33:13 PM »

Rich people are stepping up and are helping the homeless, it is a wonderful new trend which I hope will continue.

A rich guy is turning an old Sears building into a new Life Center to help the homeless, it is great.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-02-19/life-rebuilding-center-boyle-heights-sears-building

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24592 on: February 20, 2022, 11:38:06 PM »

Pope Francis is a wonderful man of peace, and the Catholic Church is often the only source of schools, hospitals, and orphanages, in many areas around the world.

Priests taught the Africans how to eat cactus with scrambled eggs and with salsa and tortillas, and now the prickly pear cactus is growing out of control providing hungry people with an abundance of food.

And the Pope can help us to keep the peace between Russia and the Ukraine.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24593 on: February 21, 2022, 10:50:22 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #24594 on: February 21, 2022, 11:27:44 AM »

Maybe...

Doesn't seem like a maybe to me.  More like the question is will Pootin' go for Kyiv or just the eastern separatist areas. 

I think Putin is having problems in Russia we're not seeing and he has to wag the dog with a war.  He will get some paltry strip of Donbass and declare it a great liberation and hope to shore up his waning support in Russia. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #24595 on: February 21, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24599 on: February 21, 2022, 12:40:56 PM »

Just gets crazier and crazier

---Candace Owens called for the US to invade Canada to stop Justin Trudeau cracking down on trucker protests---

https://www.businessinsider.com/candace-owens-wants-us-invade-canada-defend-truckers-trudeau-2022-2
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 ... 2918